News Siosiua Taukeiaho will NOT be at the Bulldogs in 2024. He has not been released by Catalans and he failed a medical

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a good player but ain't a 100% should retire or take a year off recovering. I have a feeling Jordan Grant could be at the dogs next year and/or possibly Daniel Saifiti since Knights are going after Leo Thompson twin brother for 2025.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This is where I’m going to shake my head.
I argued for weeks he was NOT medically fit for the nrl and got abuse from left right and centre.
I didn’t need the medical results to see this.
Those same kennelers will NOT put their hand up and acknowledge Nasheed nailed it.
I just need to silently Sip my Henny and wonder how do I harness my gift.

Malla

Reaction score
Anyway, @TheSexDogs is right. The hold up was Dogs. I think the fact 2 high profile front rowers are now there for the taking helped Gus make this decision also. While Sia failed his medical, it’s not like it’s career ending. He probably would have been available early next year.
Let’s see what happens now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Imagine if we missed out on AFB cause we couldn't match the Dragons all because we signed this cripple who never made it onto the field
I think we're missing out of him regardless. Have to hope there's something to the Taumalolo talk and/or some other movements happening early next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So who plays prop in 24 now? We have lost two high priced props and replaced with fkn no one
Most likely, King and Knight starting (Curran lock - Mann or Salmon playing a bit of middle when Curran needs a rest/we want to play more attacking) and Sutton and Patolo on the bench (not sure we have many other middles in the top 30 currently - maybe Hughes if he's top 30). It's pretty grim...

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we’re seriously going into 2024 with a prop rotation of King, Sutton, Patolo and Hughes then someone needs to give Davey Middleton the heads up that the NRL for and against record will well and truly be obliterated. I can’t wrap my head around what a complete and utter failure in recruitment that would be.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough that we knocked him back due to a failed medical. I wanted him because the options were very limited in the market and his experience might have been handy. Hoping we are chasing JT and AFB hard.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Most likely, King and Knight starting (Curran lock - Mann or Salmon playing a bit of middle when Curran needs a rest/we want to play more attacking) and Sutton and Patolo on the bench (not sure we have many other middles in the top 30 currently - maybe Hughes if he's top 30). It's pretty grim...
Hughes is indeed top 30. We know all the top 30 squads now. Nrl published them last week.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many of these “recruits” are there to throw Chammas and the other niff nuff journos off the trail.

#conspiracy

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call that news
Sounds like fat Matty has a Facebook page
Any opportunity to have a go at us. Routine non-recruitment when it happens at other clubs and they don't proceed with injured players