Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I have heard SST had a number of niggling injuries that were slow to heal and he lost confidence in Robinson and the Chooks medical staff to take the time necessary to treat them properly. Not the first time Robinson has been found wanting in player physical welfare. He was of the belief at the time that ESL would be gentler on his body and he would be OK.

What has happened is he had an unrelated injury and at the same time he was able to be treated, recover and overcome the niggling injuries. Hence his wish to return to the NRL.

Let’s see how he goes if he passes the medical assessment.

Always a Bulldog
I notice you make a lot of stuff up but do it in a long winded way that makes you appear serious and knowledgeable

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something doesn’t add up here. He’s literally on tape saying his body is cooked and is currently injured on semi retirement in the Old Dart.
We’ve been through a forward injury crisis this year and this is the million dollar solution?
It piqued my interest when first mentioned but I didn’t know about any of that. Either it was a throw off because he left the Roosters on bad terms or it’s reckless spending. Got me fucked.
Bulldogs making desperate signings on this guy and Connor Watson are a big pass,well past their best better pushing up two prospects then has beens

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think and we will never know, that there is a clause in SST's contract that he must play so many games in his first year or a mutual payout, eg, 100k to end the contract will be activated.
I can't see Gould being reckless in signing a player that has a proven history of injuries in his later years not cover himself in the deal.

Let's say he is in better condition than when he left the Roosters, he will be an asset for our juniors coming through, a mentor for these guys off the field and inspiration on it. All which is coming from a premiership winner and experienced forward. It's priceless because we don't have a player with his CV that can take up that role in the club because of our lack of success. This signing should be seen with a glass half full approach.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sio will play off bench and if injury free and fit will be a good strong middle and depth.
If they have signed him to play off the bench that is deeply concerning.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think and we will never know, that there is a clause in SST's contract that he must play so many games in his first year or a mutual payout, eg, 100k to end the contract will be activated.
I can't see Gould being reckless in signing a player that has a proven history of injuries in his later years not cover himself in the deal.

Let's say he is in better condition than when he left the Roosters, he will be an asset for our juniors coming through, a mentor for these guys off the field and inspiration on it. All which is coming from a premiership winner and experienced forward. It's priceless because we don't have a player with his CV that can take up that role in the club because of our lack of success. This signing should be seen with a glass half full approach.
Your spot on mate … there’s a lot of assuming going on because of that podcast …. do people on here really believe Gus just said yep you’ll do, here’s a million for 2 years, have at it …

Of cause there’s been thorough health checks, I’m sure they’ve put him through a rigorous program and will have him checked right out before he signs on the dotted line …

Rehab would have had a good look at anything that’s current and would have a time frame on getting him right, he’ll have from now and through pre season to get everything right and be fit and ready to go .. the young blokes being around him, watching him train, watching the level of work he puts in as you say is a huge bonus ..

I am hoping Gus is working on pulling another similar big prop out of his hat because I believe we still need 1 maybe even 2 more …

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no doubt that signings like this are because our supporters have shown we are not smart enough to understand that a proper and sustainable rebuild will take time, we have demanded a quick fix rather than the Dogs developing into a powerhouse again.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked his super league stats. He has played 6 game of 20 this year.
Is it form or injury that has kept him out? You know what, don’t even answer that cause both outcomes are equally bad….

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is a medical required when you play 6/20 as a 32 year old?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no doubt that signings like this are because our supporters have shown we are not smart enough to understand that a proper and sustainable rebuild will take time, we have demanded a quick fix rather than the Dogs developing into a powerhouse again.
100%

I think it’s a symptom of society in general that we want immediate gratification. Hence wanting news 24/7 and in regards to sport, hearing signing announcements or rumours is one way to keep interest up, especially if your season is clearly not going well.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am pretty sure Gus / the club will do there due diligence with meetings with medical professionals prior to a formal offer. I am pretty sure that has even been mentioned that its only happening after a medical. So i think someone whose job it is to ascertain these things, it will all be done lol.

Reactions: J_B

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I just checked his super league stats. He has played 6 game of 20 this year.
Is it form or injury that has kept him out? You know what, don’t even answer that cause both outcomes are equally bad….
Injury. With the world cup and what he was carrying at the Roosters into it. Hopefully now he has had enough time to recover and he can be put on the right training program in the offseason to ensure he can sustain the next season.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injury. With the world cup and what he was carrying at the Roosters into it. Hopefully now he has had enough time to recover and he can be put on the right training program in the offseason to ensure he can sustain the next season.
Fck me, it’s a worry tho…..

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%

I think it’s a symptom of society in general that we want immediate gratification. Hence wanting news 24/7 and in regards to sport, hearing signing announcements or rumours is one way to keep interest up, especially if your season is clearly not going well.
It is surprising the number of people that would take the lesser amount when offered a choice, $1 Million now or $1.5 Million in 12 months. Not even a guaranteed Laundy investment scheme will get you that return.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still on the verge?

Thompson will be like a new signing in the words of Arsene Wenger

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of money for a return to NRL, hope he can keep up with the speed of the game

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slide, you're right mate. The rebuild needs to start somewhere and if we don't clean out the rot first we will find the rot only goes deeper. Getting in new and fresh personnel will commence the rebuild with good attitudes and the expectation to win every game because our recent signings of successful winning premiership players will ensure the losing culture currently rotting in the club will almost be decimated no matter who leaves.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will go down as the worst signing. Another injury prone old fuck. Also these headlines making it sound like its 1 million a season. Assholes. 500k is still too much for this guy.