Opinion Should we sign Angus Crichton?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Last year he was all over the shop and I wouldn't touch him, neither would Rugby Australia. However he seems to have recovered a bit. He is playing well, and from the footage I have seen his body language looks better and he seems to have a sparkle back in his eye. I know we have some depth in the second row, however not at that potential level, in back to back years we have also coped long term injuries to Kiks or Preston. He can also play middle probs as goods as Poasa or Patolo. I think he may be worth a 1 year with 1 year MO contract at least, could potentially come quite cheap as well.

Reactions: ATT

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the poor bugger gets his head right he’ll be a great asset to any team, he’s got lots of ability.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no he's finished
How so? hes just turned 28yo... definitely has a little bit more in tank... don't worry he'll sign elsewhere anyway.. who wants to come to a club that loses 95% of its games and has NO middles or halves? I'll tell you who.. NOBODY

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How so? hes just turned 28yo... definitely has a little bit more in tank... don't worry he'll sign elsewhere anyway.. who wants to come to a club that loses 95% of its games and has NO middles or halves? I'll tell you who.. NOBODY
if he cant make the roosters team then why should we sign him

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didnt someone on here say he had bad mushrooms and got fried? :p lol

We need hard first grade standard forwards, not sure if he fits into the mould. Connor Watson would have been decent, hes done some good things this year. Would have been better then Hutch.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We should be signing Trey Mooney who's putting up freakish numbers in reserve grade. Then we should be looking at other middles currently not in their teams best 17, e.g. Royce Hunt, Xavier Willison and Egan Butcher.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
We may be ok with 2nd rowers. Seems like we need a ball playing lock and props

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year he was all over the shop and I wouldn't touch him, neither would Rugby Australia. However he seems to have recovered a bit. He is playing well, and from the footage I have seen his body language looks better and he seems to have a sparkle back in his eye. I know we have some depth in the second row, however not at that potential level, in back to back years we have also coped long term injuries to Kiks or Preston. He can also play middle probs as goods as Poasa or Patolo. I think he may be worth a 1 year with 1 year MO contract at least, could potentially come quite cheap as well.
I understand the shoutout but we need props more than a second rower. Would he play over Preston, Kikau or Curran when fit? Not sure if he can handle prop week in week out.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s starting for roosters against us in place of sitili. Probably have a big game. Still there’s players we need to look at first

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a good source and he told me that a few player managers are reluctant to sign there players at the dogs.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I have a good source and he told me that a few player managers are reluctant to sign there players at the dogs.
Which is exactly what Buzz said in NRL360 last night.

Either you hanging with the same dudes as Buzz or..... u are Buzz.

:|:|