Should we invest in a Fijian Winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't want to sound racist when I'm saying this, but look at how many Fijian flyers we have in the NRL who play wing. They're big, strong, accelerate fast, have speed to burn, and are hard to tackle. There are countless numbers of them. Stacks of them. Why not go to Fiji and return with a winger who will not be commanding big dollars?

2018 Back Line:

1. Tedesco
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Brenko Lee
5. <<Fijian Flyer>>

*orgasm*

Wahesh

Reaction score
We do have a Fijian winger who is also a dogs junior not on big money his name is Marcelo Montoya
I guess I meant more along of the lines of a Fijian winger fresh off the plane from Fiji with our recruitment manager :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Because Noel Cleal refused to travel on any airliner that did not provide a 24/7 pie service, and because our entire overseas travel budget at the club is spent taking home games to NZ, and for Castle to watch Netball.

Montoya is the only one... and I do have to agree, there is raw talent in Fiji, Samoa, infact all of the Pacific islands. Problem is identifying that talent and if they'll cut it out here.

EXAMPLE: Eto Nabuli.
Noticed by Freddy Fittler over in Fiji as a porter. Got him over here, played 13 games for St George and scored 7 tries. Signed on a one year contract and wasn't renewed. Went to Qld Reds rugby, failed to make the cut. Not sure what he is doing now.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
NO WAY!!

This is the worst idea I've heard. Ban wahesh for 24 hrs.

They all play the same, do a list of fijian wingers and tell me how many actually last?

Fijian wingers are big and fast but they never have any real football brains and positional play, have hands like donkey curry and are always always inconsistent. Even the best are rock and diamonds.

Whats more, they are ALWAYS a threat ofgoing to Rugby Union, which is in their DNA.

No one here will be able to name one fijian who has had a solid, uninterrupted ten year career.

Its like getting your energy from a banana or a packet of chips.

One is sustained release over the day and is healthy for you and the other feels good, goes hard temporarily then you feel like shit.

They all fade away or go to Rugby.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Semi radrarara until he got busted doing drugs like I predicted he was doing back in round 2 2016
1. Drugs
2. off the rails behaviour
3. going to rugby.

Hes exactly why we shouldnt be hunting fijians.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Answer is yes if your coach is bellamy.

Korebeti unwanted at tigers, turns into a world class winger at storm.

You guys were cussing out adocar last year, look at him now.

Vunevale is also a gun.

Dez doesn't have a clue about wingers, as far as he knows wingers are cap space which should be reserved for forwards.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Answer is yes if your coach is bellamy.

Korebeti unwanted at tigers, turns into a world class winger at storm.

You guys were cussing out adocar last year, look at him now.

Vunevale is also a gun.

Dez doesn't have a clue about wingers, as far as he knows wingers are cap space which should be reserved for forwards.
Koirebete is also in Union.

Hes also exactly why we shouldnt be hunting fijians.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, we're not Angelina Jolie. We just don;t go to fiji and purchase a kid.

But seriously, Fijians are great at something like Sevens Rugby as there isn't any real work involved. The rigours of full time training and 80 minutes of the toughest game on the planet? Not so much.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted a video of 4 Fijians that we're playing rugby in France that a few nrl clubs were targeting. They are pure athletes. Skill, speed, strength. Couldn't do any worse

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should we just get any Fijian ? Like, just step off the plane and first "darkie" we see, box him up and mail him to belmore ?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why would a new winger make any difference?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because Noel Cleal refused to travel on any airliner that did not provide a 24/7 pie service, and because our entire overseas travel budget at the club is spent taking home games to NZ, and for Castle to watch Netball.

Montoya is the only one... and I do have to agree, there is raw talent in Fiji, Samoa, infact all of the Pacific islands. Problem is identifying that talent and if they'll cut it out here.

EXAMPLE: Eto Nabuli.
Noticed by Freddy Fittler over in Fiji as a porter. Got him over here, played 13 games for St George and scored 7 tries. Signed on a one year contract and wasn't renewed. Went to Qld Reds rugby, failed to make the cut. Not sure what he is doing now.
Hes playing for the Reds now mate, he scored a hat-trick a couple of weeks ago

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Totally agree i would if i was the recruiter bring a few of them over even PNG has some strong talent,would be able to pay them minimal salary at the start

Wahesh

Reaction score
Koirebete is also in Union.

Hes also exactly why we shouldnt be hunting fijians.
Right, let's sign Jordan Rankin instead to solve our goal kicking problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.