Shaun Burgoyne blasts Mundine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawthorn star Shaun Burgoyne has blasted Anthony Mundine for his racial attack on Daniel Geale
Jamie Pandaram News Limited Network
October 19, 2012 9:27AM

Mundine questions Daniel Geale's heritageAnthony Mundine questions Daniel Geale's heritage, saying if he was really indigenous he should be helping his community more.(3:31 / 16.0MB)
Video Quality 3GWi-Fi
ABORIGINAL footballer and Hawthorn star Shaun Burgoyne has slammed Anthony Mundine for his racial attack on Daniel Geale labelling his comments "disgraceful".

On Twitter today, Burgoyne tweeted: "Anthony Mundine's comments about Geale's heritage, wife & kids were disgraceful."

Yesterday, at a press conference in Sydney announcing their rematch, Mundine questioned Geale's Aboriginal heritage.

"You people don't realise how resilient I am, I see what you're trying to do, the media, the white press ... you want me to be the bad boy, I'll be the bad boy," Mundine said.

"I thought they wiped all Aborigines from Tasmania out, that's all I know.

"I don't see him representing us black people, or coloured people. I don't see him out in the communities doing what I do with people ... he got a white woman, white kids."

Advertisement

There was awkward silence.

Mundine probably wished he could put the words back in his mouth but like the 9/11 comments, they floated into the atmosphere and sat firmly in the shelf marked "Ludicrous Ravings From The Mouth".

Having a white partner has nothing to do with Geale's heritage - Mundine overstepped the line.

Geale said: "I've shown the Aboriginal flag on my trunks for a lot of my fights, I am very proud of my heritage from down in Tasmania.

"It's stupid what he says, but that's the role he plays and that's why most people these days, when he starts off with his rants, they switch off. I know I switch off.

"A lot of people wanted me to take this fight because they're sick of him, they want his career to be finished and they want him to stop saying stupid things."

Underlying all of this is that Mundine and the press realise Geale will not help sell this fight with his words - he dislikes the stinging verbal jousts that so often publicise a big fight.

So Mundine played his bad boy role, in front of a theatre that wanted to walk out, but who will return in three months to see words become action.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what would have prevailed if some one attached mundanes heritage/family.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
he trys so hard to promote these fights with controversy it does work as he makes so much money unlike alot of boxers around,but this is ridiculous why bring the race card in?these things do more harm to his culture,and he is a terrible speaker and sounded more stupid with the rubbish coming out of his mouth

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
mundine is a fraud and he knows it, he knows he is a young boy who is scared to take on real fighters so he fights no names who just want to make a quick buck. I hope Geale doesn't just knock that motherfu*ker out, I hope he breaks his jaw so he can shut the f*ck up for a bit

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure Mundane's mother is white......

Also, arent his kids from white mother(s)????

the guy just talks way too much cr@p.................. it ruins whatever work he does for the aboriginal community.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I wish he's drop that ghetto gangsta boxa bullsh!t accent

As far as what said, it's no surprise. He's entire camp is evolved around money, that's all that matters.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
If Mundine wants to be respected he has to do these few things

- Shut your mouth
- Fight real boxers, not some no names from PCYC
- Show respect to other people
- Stop playing the 'its because Im a black abo' victim card

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Mundine is a cat he wouldnt fight Austin Trout

so much for Mundines 5 fight deal in the USA

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
mundine disrespects aborigines too, by forgeting he is aboriginal and trying to act like he is African American

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
mundine disrespects aborigines too, by forgeting he is aboriginal and trying to act like he is African American
Yo man Im standin up 4 ma aboriginals bruddas and sistas

If yo whyte, yo aint an aboriginal brudda

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I cant really see what he even means.

Pretty sure scorpios got it right too.

Also, why the **** does he have chinese tattoos ... He is not ****ing chinese.

I have tried really hard to support him (representing Australia & all) but I hope Geale pumps him this time.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I cant really see what he even means.

Pretty sure scorpios got it right too.

Also, why the **** does he have chinese tattoos ... He is not ****ing chinese.

I have tried really hard to support him (representing Australia & all) but I hope Geale pumps him this time.
There are some abos who have Chinese ancestry, not sure if Mundine does

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
He shouldnt have tatts but, He doesnt look asian enough :p

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
he would be a half decent boxer if his opponents weren't a joke....just tired of him constantly playing the victim card

Status
Not open for further replies.