Sharks superstar Ben Barba in cocaine crisis just days after 2016 NRL Premiership win

Status
Not open for further replies.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he's not banned for life then then nrl can go get fucked their no place for drugs in sport but then again he is at Cronulla the home of drug cheats .

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can take the boy out of the EBC, but you can't take the fucken idiot out of the boy...... or something like that?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I gotta say i'm really not surprised by any of this. It is such a rort, if the NRL catch ya you get a slap on the wrist, if asada did the test it would be a 2 year ban (like what happened to sailor)

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And amazing how many people on here have said "we shouldn't have let him go etc.", imagine if he was still with us and this media was coming our way....

Again, this speaks to decisions made by the club about "protecting our brand".

Guy is a moron, you can talk about being happy with your family/kids etc. but ultimately these are just feel-good stories designed to make a headline/click-bait about how someone who was once "off the rails", has turned his life around.

I saw him and Holmes thinking their shit didn't stink earlier this year at Townsville Airport, both seemed like arrogant twats.

Lucky they can play footy is all I will say...

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
apparently facing 12 weeks, which sums up cronulla's punishments with drugs

A

Alexander the Great

Get caught again and get a 12 week holiday.
Does this wanker get paid for the full 13 weeks as well?

Good job tod greenburg...why the fuck did they not announce it straight away.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A big LOL to all those Kennelers that thought it would be a good idea to take him back in a heart beat to solve our Fullback issues to which he was the chief contributor in fucking up in the first place, a position our club has not been able to replace since the grub departed to move back to Qld to be with Family remember??? LOL LOL
As this little Junkie keeps repeating "his Family always will come first" LOL like Bullshit it does!!
I feel sorry for Mick Ennis who backed him 100% when he moved to the Sharks!! selfish little SOB!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
OFFICIAL NEWSFLASH

Sharks dump the junkie. Good on them!

They sent him to rehab as their last duty of care and now the coke head is on his own.

I wonder how long before he is linked to us or Cowboys....

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Carney will be pretty pissed if they don't rack...I mean sack Barba for this

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks have sacked him
Now here he comes either to the dogs or super league
More likely super league

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
will probably pawn his ring for some more

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He'll miss 12 games. Shit blow for the Sharks as he was one of their biggest playmakers and part of their success this year. Well, the "Premiers Curse" is set to continue. No team has done back to back since Brisbane of 92/93 (97/98 doesn't count).

It leaves the Titans and Warriors the NRLs only virgins lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is an easy out for the Sharks they only released him to get salary cap space for Valentine Holmes and let him play at fullback next year. The Broncos stopped paying part of his contact this year and I doubt they would have re-signed him with Holmes there anyway.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
apparently facing 12 weeks, which sums up cronulla's punishments with drugs
Maybe he can serve the suspension in the off-season ? That way he wouldn't miss any games ?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
cronulla knew that he was way overpaid so this was their chance to get out of the contract and also score some morality points at the same time

barba now gets his just dessert after his bulldogs contract escape

Status
Not open for further replies.