News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Jammer comes back to the club in some form. Love that bloke.

The players could learn a thing or two about desire, passion and game smarts from him.

We all hoped Thompson would turn out to be in the same mould but he’s far from it.

I’m convinced Flanno, Graham and Ennis would make a good team. Obviously bring in a strength/conditioning coach who is actually good at their job would help too.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He keeps talking about 2 weeks time

who the fk knows maybe his already been interviewed but they are deciding on everyone in the next couple weeks..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
then flannigan isnt the obvious coach or flannigan said no to the idea and wants to start fresh at pre season, have you thought of that scooby doo
I have indeed Stevie boy. My thinking is the logical way.. Oh yes he is , the one and only coach lol. !!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Flanagan wants this job he'd be wise to shut the fuck up about it for two seconds. The more he campaigns for it or gets the Fox crew to lobby for him, the more likely he is to talk himself out of the job.

And if it is essentially already his, I doubt Gus, Khoury and the board would appreciate him being in the press so much talking about the role before it's been confirmed.
Absolutely agree. Hence why Dymock never got a gig. Always biting when asked about the Gig. Twice previously and once now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to remember Flanagan has other commitments, he would also need time.
That’s what you would hope is the scenario Haz, have to put up with Mr smiles for the Interim then. Yay us lol. Better than Baz tho I will agree.!!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Flanagan wants this job he'd be wise to shut the fuck up about it for two seconds. The more he campaigns for it or gets the Fox crew to lobby for him, the more likely he is to talk himself out of the job.

And if it is essentially already his, I doubt Gus, Khoury and the board would appreciate him being in the press so much talking about the role before it's been confirmed.
Yep carrying on like the ugly chick at the nightclub stating her case at 2.59am.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate in 2026 Nathan will probably have another 2 or 3 comps under his belt. He is the best player in the game and still will be by then. Most likely he will be even better.

Anyone comparing the Flanagans to the Clearys hasn’t watched much footy. We are comparing the number 1 halfback in the game to a fringe first grader ffs.
Anyone comparing the Flanagans to the Clearys needs to be drug tested and checked to see how many times they were dropped at birth

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
then flannigan isnt the obvious coach or flannigan said no to the idea and wants to start fresh at pre season, have you thought of that scooby doo
That’s exactly what I think bro, everyone seems to think they know Flanno has the job but IF that was so true Flanno would be silent and just waiting for his initiation as opposed to talking bout wanting the job and talking about himself every 5 seconds.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan has done two press runs and his son has also been quoted

Gus might look at it as desperate and hire someone else (Freddy or Green)
The fact that Shane and his special Ed son keep talking about how he so badly wants this coaching gig and how he’d be the best candidate make me believe he isn’t the leading contender because IF he was there’d be no need for him to so desperately prostituting himself any time there’s a camera. I think Freddy Fittler might be the dark horse now that he’s had 5 seasons as the Blues coach.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club have no idea. Flanno wants the gig Potter don’t wanna be coach next year there is no one else there to choose from.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No shit? Really? Shane Flanagan want’s to coach the dogs?? Fuck I would never have guessed with the way the media are pushing him into the job. Fuck I hope it does not happen.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No shit? Really? Shane Flanagan want’s to coach the dogs?? Fuck I would never have guessed with the way the media are pushing him into the job. Fuck I hope it does not happen.
LOLLL I’m praying it doesn’t eventuate so he can go back into his hole and talk shit about the Bulldogs again like he was before the coaching gig was available.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it’s someone left field already coaching? Seems strange that Flanagan is so vocal. Is he was confident i doubt he would vocal as much ?
Gus will just offer a coach, doubt he will interview

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan will get the job in my opinion if the club are worried about the sacking of his son then they should put a clause in there with his contract if his son doesn't perform after 12 months under his dad , then we can sack his son with no regrets.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan will get the job in my opinion if the club are worried about the sacking of his son then they should put a clause in there with his contract if his son doesn't perform after 12 months under his dad , then we can sack his son with no regrets.
So define “perform” and what’s to say he instead says
it wasn’t his son that didn’t perform it was some others around him ?