Opinion Shame...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I thoroughly agree with couple of clarifications
1. Maybe I am old fashioned by assuming the scribblers have an obligation towards their readers to at least try and report the truth fair and equal between all clubs, after all wouldn't the truth bring back more readers or is a thing of the past ?
2. You probably have the wrong idea about me and probably assuming that I didn't like the Andersons, well let me assure you I idealised Chris growing up but saddened to admit Lynne and Hill weren't cut out for their jobs, on the other hand I didn't agree with things Bullforg did but he was and still is my icon.
I don’t think it’s ‘old fashioned’ - more that newspapers like footy clubs like any other ‘service’ now compete for time and wallet share. Gone are the days where the masses would buy a paper for their daily commute which bought big $ into publishers. Now, they’re up against YouTube, Netflix and everything else so if there’s nothing with a touch of controversy there’s no clicks which = no bucks. Trust me, you’ll never catch me defending Buzz and co, but I do understand job security - everyone’s gotta make a buck. Sadly that doesn’t always mean ‘the truth’ anymore.

No, I couldn’t care less what anyone thought of Lynne etc. They made mistakes but their biggest problem was not listening and digging their heels in. With hindsight I agree Hill wasn’t commercial enough and Wharby’s early runs on the board prove that. Whether the Andersons or JK’s early days there’s been some costly mistakes in recruitment (into the Barrett era) and we only seem to be approaching the end of that now.

What’s most important is seeing the mission through: no more destabilising our club or take more backward steps. If we stay the course, we should succeed.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We must stay United behind Gus, Khoury, Warburton & our Coach - these men are genuinely trying to reinstate our Club as a powerhouse for years to come.

The media knows how passionate we are and the expectations we set and using that to their advantage by trying to destabilise us with their rubbish - they will try and kick us whilst we’re down at any opportunity - in fact, they are doing it right now…they do not want this sleeping giant of a Club to regain its glory days and they can see what we’re building towards, there’s genuine fear of our resurgence… we are literally two good middles away from finals appearances and well on our way to sustainable success through a renewed focus on pathways…. Lezzzzzzzfkn-Go!!!!!
Anyone believe teams reductions in Sydney is a thing of the past, think again !
The destabilisation will continue until the number of clubs permitted to survive in Sydney is reached.
Have you ever wondered why the Sydney clubs doesn't get the same desperate support for survival for out of Sydney clubs ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Who is 'they'?

Rothfield is one.

But list them and not be vague yo.

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus was the most important figure for the ARL side during the super league war. Drunkfield was one of the attack dogs for the News limited side.
Gus moved on. Drunkfield is a sad, irrelevant man. Who is stuck in the 1990s. He may skuttle a signing but he has become a clown in doing so.
Look at the way a colleague in Brandy views him, he is a joke.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
anything that buzz sloshfield says against gus and the bulldogs is said through the bottle, poor journo with poorer stories,

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think part of why we cop more is we flame the shit out of all the journos here, and this is the largest club fan forum so they are more likely to visit.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
100%
News Ltd still hate the fact Gus was able defy them. He’s been at three of biggest clubs in NSW which generate massive clicks and they can’t control the narrative on them as much
Roosters wouldn't be what they without Gus. He set up a juniors program.
Penrith were broke with massive nursery but no players coming through. Gus set up a pathways and got a loan from packer.
And at the Bulldogs after 2012 out juniors have been neglected. The media forget that des n the gang fucked us. The next board tried to buy our way out without junior focus. Gus no doubt told JK that he will come if the Bulldogs open the cheque book to build a program. He is doing that, 1st grade is for show and to please everyone but the real work is pathways.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think part of why we cop more is we flame the shit out of all the journos here, and this is the largest club fan forum so they are more likely to visit.
True. Also if they read this they can s*** my **** you ******* ****** !