Season turnaround

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
The trip back to Belmore for me has probably turned our season around for the better.

I was only 8 when the last game as Belmore was played and from the handful of games I had attended prior, I don't really remember as much. My thoughts from yesterday was just how passionate and fired up our boys were. They truly looked unbeatable and at stages throughout the game, Storm pack were too scared to run the ball up.

I haven't seen that passion from a doggies team in quite some time. I think going back to Belmore has definitely hit home for the boys and instilled the 'Dogs of War' personas back into them.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are back. Those kids (myself included) that didn't get a chance to experience the 80s and early 90s - this is it.

I would not be surprised one but if we go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
too early to tell.

lets not forget this storm side is next to bogus when cooper and slater are out.

at the very least the boys got some confidence from is still a solid win.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
gg

I want more games at Belmore I think the fans want that too. This must be whole home game!

Malla

Reaction score
too early to tell.

lets not forget this storm side is next to bogus when cooper and slater are out.

at the very least the boys got some confidence from is still a solid win.
Their forward pack was unchanged. Bromwich who is the apparent best front rower in the game was too scared to run the ball straight at our big guys. I know what I saw. If our player continue to play with this passion, we are unbeatable.

Again, I have never seen this type of vigor from a dogs team. Not since that 2006 game v the Dragons at Kogarah oval.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
UNBEATEN for the REST of the SEASON?
wish i had your confidence mate!! i will pray for it though!

trailie

Waterboy
Reaction score
I feel that we may have turned the corner, but time will tell. We’ve had no trouble mixing it with the better teams but seem to struggle against the teams we should be beating. That’s an attitude issue, IMO.

I think Des may’ve had a quiet word with a few players pointing out the fact that this mentality is no longer acceptable at the club. After playing in front of the brilliant Belmore crowd last night, I have little doubt our players will give anything less than 100 per cent from here until the season’s end.

We’ve got the tools to win this comp. I’ve said it all season. However, names are just that; names. We need to perform against all opposition.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this thread is a bit too early, the game was at Belmore - we had a million reasons to be fired up. The guys need to show that they can play like that at ANZ and away from home before I am convinced.

Malla

Reaction score
Did not say we would go unbeaten - I just said I would not be surprised if it happened.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Our next game against Brisbane at ANZ is going to be massive! I really hope we get 30,000+!

I remember in 2006 Brisbane ruined our season during this exact game... We were flying high along with Melbourne, Brisbane were on the brink of the 8, we were injury free and full of confidence... 80 minutes later we got a 30-0 belting (Can't remember exactly the score but along those lines) and picked up some massive injuries to key players (Tonga one of them), it killed our momentum and season IMO and Brisbane went to another level and won the GF! We all remember what happened in the QF Qualifier against them also!

Now it's the other way around... We've been hammered by injuries/suspensions YET we are 8th... Brisbane's got all the momentum, have been injury/suspension free (McGuire obviously last week is the exemption now) and are flying on top of the table... The Dogs are building! This game is going to be MASSIVE, we win our confidence and momentum will go to another level, we lose in a tight hard fought game and we will get confidence and improve, we get smashed and it could be over!

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our run home is disgusting, it'll be near impossible to finish top 4. Most probably end up 5/6th. Such a shame our early season form will most likely cost us a decent shot at the title.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are playing much much better footy. And I don't know if it's because Mbye is in, and Trex is out - But we are throwing the ball around a lot more, and dropping it less, surprisingly. It's really good to watch now, compared to the boring footy we were playing before.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys, Groncos, Tits, Knights, Raiders, Storm,Cronulla, Warriors & Manly should all be played at Belmore

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The boys are going away together over the bye weekend. I expect them to come back fired up and focused (like this time last year where they came back and played two great games against Manly then Melbourne), particularly the forwards. Along with that we've got about 6 (Reynold's included as cover to Farah I think) in NSW camp. A lot will depend on how these boys come back after Origin but if everyone is healthy, I expect a good showing against Brisbane and then the backend of the season... With the return of Jackson and Graham what will Des do with the bench? I wouldn't be surprised to see him rest Hokko again, that would mean Lane and Lloyd fighting over the last bench spot. Probably Lloyd to miss out i would say.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think this game marks the turnaround from good Friday.

The players have realized theyre not going to win by putting trust in the refs hands... the team are playing for each other and playing hard .. I watched shaun lane surprisingly push / direct Hodko back from him in the defensive line at one point.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The game last night could have gone two ways....we lift immensely and use the importance and history of the game to our advantage or we get stage fright and become overawed by the occasion. Thankfully it was the former that happened. I hold high hopes for the rest of this year and we will figure in the final series. We get there and we go to a whole other level.

The thing that I liked about last night that finally we really started to work hard for each other as a collective and our goal line defence was superb. Melbourne although missing two of their " superstars" still had a decent side on field with their forward pack, the one that has worked well for them this year, intact. Their decoy runs close to the line were well read and we held them up over the line on more than one occasion. Certainly a different side last night in attitude and execution.

Now the boys can regroup and refresh and focus on the Broncos who will be a challenge no doubt but not unbeatable.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this game marks the turnaround from good Friday.

The players have realized theyre not going to win by putting trust in the refs hands... the team are playing for each other and playing hard .. I watched shaun lane surprisingly push / direct Hodko back from him in the defensive line at one point.
You are right about the referees Wolfie. Between them and the touchies who could not see the Storm put their feet into touch on three separate occasions they tried their best. Penalties were pretty even last night but we certainly should have got more. Very surprised the high shot on the Beast was not penalised, but then again.......

Have said it before about the Giraffe; he has a lovely soft touch with the ball in his hands, has football smarts and if he gets it all together at the one time he is the ultimate complete package.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cowboys, Groncos, Tits, Knights, Raiders, Storm,Cronulla, Warriors & Manly should all be played at Belmore
Yh and then the club will lose a bucketload of cash and won't be able to hold onto the players we now have. Great idea.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yh and then the club will lose a bucketload of cash and won't be able to hold onto the players we now have. Great idea.
so are you saying we are breaking the salary cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.