Opinion Season stats so far

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What happened on here last night was disgusting imo. I'm always getting smashed for supposedly being negative yet look at all you cats crying on here when there's plenty of positives and improvements on last season. Yes it's disappointing to lose that game but try and look past that, we're a bottom 4 side trying to develop into a top 8 side so i think peoplereally need to use some perspective.

So far this season we're..

THIRD for line breaks.
SIXTH for line break assists.
THIRD for line engaged.
SEVENTH for support runs.
SECOND for decoy runs.
FIRST for run metres.
SIXTH for post contact metres.
SECOND for offloads.
EIGTH for missed tackles.

Did many genuinely think we would be up there after 2 rounds? I didn't. We're creating chances, lots of them but have just failed to ice them. We're moving the ball around more and although we lack polish and variation we at least look to be building combinations. We also physically aren't getting bullied like previous seasons. Maybe with some more time that support runner gets there a fraction quicker to receive the pass, maybe with some more time our players get more belief in their skill, maybe with some more time we build chemistry, etc. I'm no fan of Baz but at least there looks to be something to work off this season.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The negativity spun me out. I was filthy that we lost but that was the best we have looked in years. Broncos scramble D was very solid and we just lacked that bit of polish, which should hopefully come soon enough.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The negativity spun me out. I was filthy that we lost but that was the best we have looked in years. Broncos scramble D was very solid and we just lacked that bit of polish, which should hopefully come soon enough.
There were so many good chances we should've scored off. Right now the only change i'd make is Naden to wing for Okunbor. Okunbor has to go and Naden as a good as a runner he is he is just killing JAC. He's a ball hog and if he does decide to pass his timing is all wrong. Naden on the wing probably scores the opportunity Okunbor blows while Burns at left centre probably puts JAC over for a double.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That Matt Dufty... I dont knowwwww... lol

Good post bro, even though we lossed yesterday we were easily the better and more exciting team to watch. I am looking forward to watching the boys go around again rather than getting ready to numb myself before a game.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The fact our attack is asking questions now is far and beyond what we've dished up in 5 years.

Last night we just couldn't ice those finals passes or moments. A bit of luck, and we go from 10 points to 30.

I'd be scared as an opposition knowing what's coming once we gel as a team and start getting it right.

I was upset at last night's loss, but overall happier with last night's performance more than last week.

It shouldn't be underplayed how good Broncos defense was. They defended their arses out there last night, and that was the difference in the end.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
There were so many good chances we should've scored off. Right now the only change i'd make is Naden to wing for Okunbor. Okunbor has to go and Naden as a good as a runner he is he is just killing JAC. He's a ball hog and if he does decide to pass his timing is all wrong. Naden on the wing probably scores the opportunity Okunbor blows while Burns at left centre probably puts JAC over for a double.
Exactly this

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we've looked way better than the last couple years however we've only played the Cowboys and Broncos (2 other spoon contenders) ... if we get lapped by 50 against manly this week then the first 2 weeks meant very little.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s because broncos were terrible and we should’ve beat them if we executed our plays

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Mutt Dafty pretty interesting to see Vaughan, TPJ and Thompson all promoting the ball yesterday - I prefer that structure then having Jackson being the "ball playing middle." Thoughts?
Jackson actually passed the ball more yesterday haha, handled the ball 28 times with 20 passes. His minutes have were cut down to 51 though so maybe he's just a little fresher and wasn't as noticeably bad? Like you mentioned the other forwards did chip in with ball movement...Thompson (5 passes), King (4 passes, 3 offloads), TPJ (3 passes, 7 offloads), Vaughan (1 pass, 1 offload) so it probably helped break things up a little.

Just on Max king...big call but i'm prepared to say he could be a top 5 prop by the end of the season if his minutes increase. His workrate and quality is immense, i need him re-signed asap :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes we've looked way better than the last couple years however we've only played the Cowboys and Broncos (2 other spoon contenders) ... if we get lapped by 50 against manly this week then the first 2 weeks meant very little.
True, but the Broncos and Cowboys looked well improved. The form line is also there if you look hard enough..

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughn was leader for post contact metres most games for dragons my mate was said to see him go . He’s been average for us but this team will rise

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK needs to be subbed off earlier too bro IF we are going to persist with starting the game with him. He played one of his better games which was still mediocre BUT soon as BBO came on we had a kick and things started happening. We cant just give BBO the last 15 mins.