Official Sea Eagles sign Corey Waddell

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is definitely a positive for us.

Corey put in some good work for us, was our best during many games. But for whatever reason was over scrutinized by the refs on the ball and off. When he had the ball it could've been the most blatant strip in the world and it was never called same on defence if the opposition dropped it cold it was blown a pen 90% of the time. If he rushed out of the line, didn't matter if he was on he was called offside. Bloke couldn't catch a break.

We lost a hard worker but we also just lost 3 penalties a game.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol yeah, that's a really logical conclusion to draw based on his performances.

Talk about buying into the club's propaganda.
It was a tongue in cheek comment, I didn’t realise the “Gun” was so sensitive and trigger happy!

Waddell was the least of our problems this year and was decent throughout the year, would’ve been good for a spot in the 30.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of us best last season. Strange decision to let him leave despite our prop shortage. I know he is always due for a mistake or penalty a game lol.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were an alien and only landed on the earth at the beginning of round 1, you'd honestly think Gus and CC are moles put into the Bulldogs system to destroy our 2024 season from within.

Seriously, you have to shake your head with some of these decisions.

I'm a firm believer of living and dying by the sword, so if whatever Gus and CC have planned for 2024 doesn't pay off, they can both Fuck off

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It was a tongue in cheek comment, I didn’t realise the “Gun” was so sensitive and trigger happy!

Waddell was the least of our problems this year and was decent throughout the year, would’ve been good for a spot in the 30.
Sorry, Fam. Didn’t get the sarcasm. Just baffled by the amount of people trash talking him on here.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's way too much uproar about an inconsistent bench forward leaving. Especially when he had one decent season last year preceded by two shit seasons.

Best of luck to him at Manly. I respect and appreciate how hard he plays but there's no reason to get worked up about him not being re-signed.
Him being bog average and STILL being one of our better forwards this year is exactly why people should be worried

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were an alien and only landed on the earth at the beginning of round 1, you'd honestly think Gus and CC are moles put into the Bulldogs system to destroy our 2024 season from within.

Seriously, you have to shake your head with some of these decisions.

I'm a firm believer of living and dying by the sword, so if whatever Gus and CC have planned for 2024 doesn't pay off, they can both Fuck off
Lolllllll relax it’s Corey Waddell not Payne Haas they are letting go of

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so from memory we only have king, knight, tanner, takihueo, patolo and possibly the dolphin reject as our middle forwards. we're at least 1-2 forwards short unless I've missed anyone
Hughes.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lolllllll relax it’s Corey Waddell not Payne Haas they are letting go of
It's not so much that we are losing Corey Waddell that I'm worried about.

It's the fact we've already lost TPJ and Thommo, Patolo did nothing as did others that were tried there. We have only TKO coming but who knows if he can handle NRL anymore.

We just can't afford to be letting go of seasoned middles with no better replacements on the cards.

It's not like we can forfeit the '24 season and come back in '25....

We have to go through it with all the pain that comes with it

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep I agree with the should have kept him brigade seems like we didn't offer him anything at all ..
Of course he isn't the answer or near to an alpha forward but he was fit and played all year unlike nearly every other player and was not bad at all in nearly every game.Would have been useful again in 24 I'm certain.
Suppose Sutton and softserve Ray will stay as their contracted.. thats marvellous(not)

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell no star but solid squad member on minimum chips.
Had his fair share of dumb moments but put in and wasn’t afraid of hard work.
On this years form Waddell >Sutton/RFM/Topine/Morrin/Edwards/Patolo