News Scum Storm and Roosters No Respect.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘Filthy rotten scum’: ‘Disgusting’ act before NRL semi-final slammed
Rugby league supporters have been described as “filthy rotten scum” after several acts of incredible disrespect at the Storm-Roosters game.

Fifteen seconds. Fifteen measly seconds.
That was all the respect some rugby league fans could muster for late player, coach and administrator John McDonald at Friday night’s NRL semi-final.

Melbourne Storm and Sydney Roosters supporters in attendance at AAMI Park were invited to

“please join us for a moment’s silence as we remember John McDonald AM”, but it wasn’t long before the boors ruined it.

Fans shouting “come on Melbourne” and “up the Roosters” could be heard on the Fox NRL broadcast and it infuriated those who wanted to honour a man universally known as “Cracker” who was Queensland’s first Origin coach.

McDonald, a devastating centre and winger who played 13 Tests for Australia and the 1970 grand final for Manly, died aged 79 on Wednesday.

1694828737219.png

“To those filthy pieces of s**t screaming out during the minute silence for John McDonald, I hope you get booted out, you filthy rotten scum, you could not show one minute of respect, bugger you,” wrote one Manly fan on Twitter.

“Melbourne Storm fans probably had no idea who John McDonald was but that’s no excuse for the disrespect that rang out around AAMI Park during the minute silence to acknowledge his passing. Poor form Storm fans,” added another.

1694828789072.png
Vision of the disrespect was also shared on Reddit, where the verdict was unanimous.

“Absolute flogs,” wrote one observer.

“People like that should be sent from the stadium. Disgusting,” added another.

“Throw them out,” wrote a third.

“Incredibly disrespectful and pretty sad to see,” added a fourth.

It’s becoming an annual tradition for the NRL after some fans at a Roosters-Souths game interrupted a minute’s silence for Queen Elizabeth II this time last year.

Radio DJ at 2Day FM Mike Christian took to Twitter to share his disappointment at the time: “People that yell out during a moment’s silence at sporting events are the scum of the Earth.”

1694828852746.png
Fucking scumbag supporter's especially the storm should never have been brought into the NRL.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They didn't even sell out the stadium in Smellbourne for a week 2 final, look at the empty seats

Imagine having all the success of the Storm for over a decade and not being able to sell out a 30K capacity stadium.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They didn't even sell out the stadium in Smellbourne for a week 2 final, look at the empty seats

Imagine having all the success of the Storm for over a decade and not being able to sell out a 30K capacity stadium.
welcome to the AFL, saying that it doesn’t help that 5 chicken fans turned up.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No offence but who cares, the man who passed seems to have no affiliation to their club so what is the point?

Do we really need to do a minute silence for everyone that passes away? If so the world would be mute...

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
No offence but who cares, the man who passed seems to have no affiliation to their club so what is the point?

Do we really need to do a minute silence for everyone that passes away? If so the world would be mute...
He had a long career in the game at the elite level so that was the point. I have never heard of him before but how hard is it for these arseholes to keep quiet for 60 seconds?
Pieces of shit is an appropriate summary of wankers like that. Really poor form.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like things like these and national anthems to be played whilst players are still in the sheds.
I like when players run out fired up, without having to do these things. Its like letting a balloon down.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Be a bit careful who you criticise because us doggs fans do this constantly ourselves when it’s the opposition.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
s
I would like things like these and national anthems to be played whilst players are still in the sheds.
I like when players run out fired up, without having to do these things. Its like letting a balloon down.
I don’t even think Aussies are mature enough to have anthems.
our games for example;
It’ll start off as ‘welcome to country’
Then ‘Advance Austria fair’
Then "Koullouna lilouaṭaan lil oula lil alam’
Then some tribute to Anzac’s/women/Mark Huges cancer foundation/flavour of the week.

It’ll feel more like a PC concert than a footy game.