Sam Perrett - Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's begun...

We all knew the can of worms sprung open soon as our annoying club agreed to hoppa selfish request

Dumbest PC agreement ever

The entire NRL and other sporting clubs are going to all suffer as a result with more and more players wanting these retarded clauses in their contracts
Good, the NRL and other sporting codes/codes haven't been too nice to us in the past I hope it eats at them.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Hadnt seen the story before now. I half thought it must be a gee up but left the thread open waiting for a link in case it wasnt. Wow. Lets fkn hope hop doesnt convert too many players because the team might have to forfeit sundays lol.

Its an interpretation thing. The bible says that u should rest on the 7th day to dedicate it to God. Its doesnt say sunday has to be the 7th day. Thats just a tradition. If your working week starts on a thursday your 7th day is wednesday. If u dedicated any full day of the week to God at the end of your working week, it doesnt matter what day it is!

He can still do morning church before games so he still does that part sunday. By he i mean perrett or hop or anyone else who wants sundays off

Last edited:

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
If we lose this weekend I can only imagine that shit will hit the fan.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
dam Christians and their loyalty to God.
They need to come out of the mythical times and denounce God and praise progression, and trannies don't forget trannies they're healthy for everyone.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In an article I read hopa said it struck him in November 2015 that he felt he should devote his Sundays to his faith .
I stand corrected Wolfy..but he did ask Parra and they said no..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sam was off contract and had the opportunity to retire if he wanted to observe his religion on a Sunday.

There was no need to bring this up via the media because it's just reopened the whole saga again.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's like getting a job on a ship and saying I don't like the ocean but still pay me

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not really. All the club needs to do is say yes here is your Sundays off now here is your new pay packet, then we will see the ones who really want to take Sundays off. Hoppa has taken a pay cut twice for his faith, lets see how many will do the same. This still wont arise until a player is negotiating a NEW contract anyway, if they want to change half way through it is just a simple NO.
Plus the majority of players in NRL are not religious but are piss heads so would only want Sundays off to cure hangovers

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
First I wanna say good on them for standing up for what they believe in

BUT

this is getting ridiculous. Honestly when they signed up as footy players they new it would involve Sunday's. As a Christian I would love not to work on Sunday's but I am a nurse and I know that part of being a nurse means working on Sunday's. I don't go to my boss and say I can't work Sunday's and neither should they be able to!!

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perrett told Dunny Weedler on the Nine news tonight that he got the OK from his dad to play on Sunday's because football was going to be his profession. So the dollar before over religion so he is not so much of a devout Mormon but more a mercenary. I bet if "Sunday Bloody Sunday " Hoppa got offered a lesser amount for not playing on Sundays he would suddenly be OK to play.​

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is some sort of setup.

Why would Perrett notify the media that he asked Des to have Sundays off on the week when Hoppa is having his holiday? Why didnt Perrett ask weeks back?

This is some media circus Des has going probably trying to see if Hoppa will snap out of it.

I find it hard to believe any coach would be stoked where his player leaks a one on one conversation to the media

Listening to Perretts media statement he couldnt give a shit about having Sundays off, most of it was having a stab at Hoppa indirectly

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First I wanna say good on them for standing up for what they believe in

BUT

this is getting ridiculous. Honestly when they signed up as footy players they new it would involve Sunday's. As a Christian I would love not to work on Sunday's but I am a nurse and I know that part of being a nurse means working on Sunday's. I don't go to my boss and say I can't work Sunday's and neither should they be able to!!
It's a Mormon thing whilst it is technically a denomination of Christianity it is filled with contradictions to the teachings of Christianity.
Jesus was gonna be killed for performing miracles on the sabbath. as log as you're doing good on the sabbath there is no issue. The only footy game I'd miss out on a hundred percent is good Friday.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perrett told Dunny Weedler on the Nine news tonight that he got the OK from his dad to play on Sunday's because football was going to be his profession. So the dollar before over religion so he is not so much of a devout Mormon but more a mercenary. I bet if "Sunday Bloody Sunday " Hoppa got offered a lesser amount for not playing on Sundays he would suddenly be OK to play.
He has taken a pay cut though, too69u has already confirmed we got him cheap.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Why would Perrett notify the media that he asked Des to have Sundays off on the week when Hoppa is having his holiday? Why didnt Perrett ask weeks back?

This is some media circus Des has going probably trying to see if Hoppa will snap out of it.

I find it hard to believe any coach would be stoked where his player leaks a one on one conversation to the media

Listening to Perretts media statement he couldnt give a shit about having Sundays off, most of it was having a stab at Hoppa indirectly
I was thinking the same thing
Perrett initiates it too by bringing up 'my good mate Hoppa....'

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Still relieves me that we didnt have this issue back when i was growing up. Back then, in the stone ages, nearly all games were played Sundays. Had the odd Saturday games and Saturday finals, which increased over time, but no Monday to Friday football for all of my childhood. Apart from Origin when it started. Thats always been midweek from memory. You couldnt have been a football player and have Sundays off when i was growing up, nobody would sign you. There would be no point.

The club gambled that Hopoate minus Sunday games was going to be better than Lafai every match of the year. So far they have been right tbh. Doesnt make it easier to take but at least hes killing it when he does play.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
At the end of it all Raelene and Des are the ones that need to cop most of the blame for letting this situation happen but at the same time if Hoppa doesn't want to play/work on Sundays then retire and get a normal job like everyone else.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

i think its more about showing support/taking some heat off hoppa and the club for this week

aka "he isnt the only crazy one around here and the club arent also crazy to let me do it too"

Status
Not open for further replies.