Sam Burgess handed 2 game ban for hit on Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see Pay came out and defended his players over this.
Two things

1. The **** Paul Kent has a problem with Josh Morris "diving" but no problem with Billy Slaters "gamesmanship " of diving for a sin bin. Hypocritical **** Kent, especially when there's no proof that Josh dived

2. Our forwards better target that grub Burgess the next game we play those filth bags

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs centre Josh Morris fires back at Sam Burgess, claiming he’d never take a dive

THE NRL’s biggest player feud has erupted with Bulldogs star Josh Morris smashing Rabbitohs enforcer Sam Burgess for accusing him of taking a dive and “trying to get a career in Hollywood.”

Preparing for his 250th game against the Roosters at ANZ Stadium, Morris launched into Burgess and revealed he was in a distressed state and “gasping for air” after being viciously elbowed in the throat by the Englishman on Good Friday.

“I’m angry at Sam’s comments,” Morris told The Daily Telegraph, “At no stage was the injury faked.

“I was in serious pain and a state of panic and distress and gasping for air.

“If I was hit a couple of centimetres higher the outcome could have been far worse, which I don’t think he realises. At the end of the day he was the one that challenged it and got two weeks.

“That’s on him not me. I have played this game for 12 years and made these tackles week-in, week-out and don’t feel that my tackling technique needs to change.”

“When his elbow was raised making contact with my throat, it was dangerous.”

The Daily Telegraph Morris needed emergency treatment from the club doctor and nurse after the game, including an injection to stop swelling that could potentially affect his breathing.

One of Australia’s most eminent spinal surgeons joined the debate yesterday, describing Burgess’ claims as “total rubbish talk” after the South Sydney warhorse accused Morris of faking his injury.

The doctor, a senior spinal surgeon and former NRL club medico, sent a text message after watching Burgess press conference as he prepares to make a comeback from a two week suspension.

He declined to be named but gave approval for the text message to be published.

“Burgess is wrong,” he said, “The larynx does not like any pressure including an elbow attached to 115kg. There are many nerves. It spasms and can feel catastrophic.

“Close quarter combat training targets this as a weak area. Total rubbish talk.

“He (Burgess) needs an anatomy lesson. It can be just as painful as a testicle blow.”

The doctor is an associate professor of medicine and an Order of Australia recipient.

Similar injuries have affected the voice of sportsman, including Broncos legend Darren Lockyer.

Heavy blows to the larynx are potentially life-threatening and can cause fractures of the cervical vertebrae according to sports medicine experts.

Morris was kept under observation overnight and banned from contact training after the incident.

He was cleared at the last minute to play against the Cowboys.

The former Blues Origin star is now only concerned about tonight’s clash with the Roosters.

“I now want to draw a line under it and move on,” he said.

“It’s disappointing that this has overshadowed what has been a good week leading into my 250th NRL game.”

Burgess comment have been poorly received at NRL headquarters and seen as an attack on the judiciary system.

He is one of a number of big-name players the NRL planned to use and pay this year for sponsorship and promotional activity under CEO Todd Greenberg’s new rally cry ‘talk the game up’.

At a press conference on Tuesday, Burgess said: “I thought he was milking it, it ended up costing me a couple of weeks.

“That’s football, we play a contact sport, players are rolling around, milking it, or trying to get a career in Hollywood after football.”

Morris, however, is one of the game’s most respected players and a player renowned for his toughness and sportsmanship.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/3730035bff3331644042f14e979ceda2

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I hate Sam Burgess. If Morris should audition for an acting career, he should audition for the lead role in Quasimodo The Musical... he'd be a shoe in.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things

1. The **** Paul Kent has a problem with Josh Morris "diving" but no problem with Billy Slaters "gamesmanship " of diving for a sin bin. Hypocritical **** Kent, especially when there's no proof that Josh dived

2. Our forwards better target that grub Burgess the next game we play those filth bags
That Paul Kent is a mumbling moron.
Probably related to Hasler.
Thats why brothers & sisters shouldnt f@#k, hence the final product.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck I hate Sam Burgess. If Morris should audition for an acting career, he should audition for the lead role in Quasimodo The Musical... he'd be a shoe in.
Remember that drama queen Burgess getting carted off the SCG with a “serious neck injury” and he didn’t even miss a week!

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously the **** learned nothing from his suspension, he should sit out a few more weeks
The dirty Pom has the one of the worst rap sheets on record & has the hide to point fingers at other players.
Typical South Sydney product, always blaming others for their downfall.
Majority of them have no teeth & line up at Centrelink anyways....

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things

Agreed .

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully this fires up the boys to rally around J Moz for his 250 and get the W!!

We usually win all J Moz milestone matches

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burgess is a ****. In fact that whole family is a bunch of *****. Does he forget Mr Hollywood himself signed him cos he was banging his mum? Can’t wait until we play Souths again this year. Klemmer should elbow him in the throat and see how he likes it. Actually maybe he should ask Rory Kostjason from knights if a throat injury hurts? Poor **** had to retire.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I cant stand that biggest grub burgess him and souths the wanker should of got a life ban.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
“Burgess is wrong,” he said, “The larynx does not like any pressure including an elbow attached to 115kg. There are many nerves. It spasms and can feel catastrophic.

“Close quarter combat trainingtargets this as a weak area. Total rubbish talk.

“He (Burgess) needs an anatomy lesson. It can be just as painful as a testicle blow.”

The doctor is an associate professor of medicine and an Order of Australia recipient.

Similar injuries have affected the voice of sportsman, including Broncos legend Darren Lockyer.

Let's see what burgess has to say to this

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we do play him?

Fuck I want the **** to get smashed.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a complete sociopath, a thug, a criminal , a dope. People like him should be neutered so that the human race has a chance to evolve .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's a complete sociopath, a thug, a criminal , a dope. People like him should be neutered so that the human race has a chance to evolve .
Still angry at the world because his boss fucks his mum on the regular

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don’t like send offs in general. Too often they are over reactions. I always like to think of it as what if the player was say Klemmer would I want him sent for it? No I wouldn’t. On report and deal with it later. Morris was fine.
Well Josh morris himself said he wasn't fine over the weekend.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If one of our forwards doesn’t iron this **** out next time we them it’ll be a pissweak effortl

Status
Not open for further replies.