Sam Burgess handed 2 game ban for hit on Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burgess knew exactly what he was doing.
But someone should have given his coach the heads up that playing the victim when not the victim doesn’t work for white men lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Burgess knew exactly what he was doing.
But someone should have given his coach the heads up that playing the victim when not the victim doesn’t work for white men lol.
Souths fans be like "HE DINDU NUFFIN".

Then again normally the situation is reversed.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’ll be cleared and given a parade
Not just a parade, they will ring the bells again as well!
It was an awkward tackle but there was no need for him to raise his elbow. Imagine if a Bulldogs player had done that to him! That would have been a send off.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Telling people you are "LOVED" is also weird and pathetic.
What is weird & pathetic is, you have posted once since Sunday.

And it's regarding ME again.

Fuck I have a stalker.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know...
The biggest problem here is most people are brain washed by the game's commentators and the media who are the buddies of Pretty Boy Sammy who are always looking for excuses for him,
The fact is he lifted his forearm towards and into Morris's throat makes him GUILTY AS CHARGED !

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Throwing your forearm up is no different than lifting your knee. You can’t fucking do it. The whole “protecting yourself” argument is a load of BS. The rules are there for everyone’s protection.
I have a mate who copped a forearm to the throat while making a tackle just like Josh did, but it fucked him up royally. Something snapped in his throat and nearly pierced his trachea. He never played again.
Go through that and then tell me it it a nothing incident.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Lol Suck shit to him. ***** been a grub for ages. Fuck Burgess & fuck Souths.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
josh morris is all something about mary, "so ill see you tonight right"

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Suck shit burges but in all honesty he shouldn’t even be charged.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What an embarrassing decision by the judiciary IMO, pretty sure Josh would feel the same. This was now way intentional IMO...what a load of bullshit by people who would not have a clue.:rage::rage::rage:
Doesnt need to be intentional. If you 'accidentaly' run someone on a bike over and kill them, does it make it ok because it was an accident? No. Its manslaughter.
Different context, but the point is that even if its not intentional its still dangerous.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/30/sam-burgess-on-report-for-raised-forearm/

He lifts the elbow up as Morris comes to tackle him and connects with the throat.

That's leading with the forearm/elbow and a send offable offence any day of the week.
That's what the rule book says.No contact by any player is to be made with the throat or head.If that offense if not stamped out fast,it can result with lots of players being injured for long periods,with broken jaws and eye socket fractures.Send offs need to return to NRL,losing players doesn't help the injured team but can only assist the offenders future opponents.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're kidding, he should been banned for life maybe even charged with attempted murder.
I just don’t like send offs in general. Too often they are over reactions. I always like to think of it as what if the player was say Klemmer would I want him sent for it? No I wouldn’t. On report and deal with it later. Morris was fine.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don’t like send offs in general. Too often they are over reactions. I always like to think of it as what if the player was say Klemmer would I want him sent for it? No I wouldn’t. On report and deal with it later. Morris was fine.
Wow. And he wasn't 'fine' at all. Another douche comes out of the woodwork

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Throwing your forearm up is no different than lifting your knee. You can’t fucking do it. The whole “protecting yourself” argument is a load of BS. The rules are there for everyone’s protection.
I have a mate who copped a forearm to the throat while making a tackle just like Josh did, but it fucked him up royally. Something snapped in his throat and nearly pierced his trachea. He never played again.
Go through that and then tell me it it a nothing incident.
Burgess seems to be coated in Teflon and the Rabbits in general are the same! They just get away with everything!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking wanker on Fox Sports News just now saying that pretty much it's a contact sport and that Josh Morris was faking the injury and that that's why he got suspended. Reckons his seen 10 more just like it happen since his and the other players just got up and on with the game.

So SB is saying he did nothing wrong and blames Josh. What a smug dickhead.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure it happens a lot but when someone gets injured it warrants a punishment. Getting hit in the throat like that is no joke.

You know who gets away with everything. Billy Slater, him kicking Klemmer warranted a ban for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.