Salty Ivan Says “Reality Will Bight”

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary admits "reality will bite" the club at some point after rising star Matt Burton played his last game for the mountain men in a triumphant grand final performance.

Bad luck Ivan, Barrett recognised what Burton had long before you did.

Always a Bulldog

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary admits "reality will bite" the club at some point after rising star Matt Burton played his last game for the mountain men in a triumphant grand final performance.

Bad luck Ivan, Barrett recognised what Burton had long before you did.

Always a Bulldog
Yep, will be their Thurston moment.

Fuk Ivan, he had no intention to play Burton and only injuries forced his hand. Even gave May the preference earlier on. Did it out of spite but hey now history has been written and his arrogance will be written as a masterstroke in keeping him.

I'm just happy for Burton getting a GF win and not so much about the Panthers.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The only saltiness is from our fans who can't stand the fact that Ivan has won a premiership and instead of letting Burton come to us he was instrumental in their premiership run.
I agree about our fans although it did turn out best for Burton. That said the saltiness came from Cleary with no intention at the season start to play him, gave May the preference, told Burton he will be their Centre, then signed Momorovski in that spot and it looked like he would not feature.

They choose not to make him a priority in signing or retaining, Barrett knew his potential and then when injuries forced Burton's selection they started to realise his talent. Brandy's comments didn't help but then they started suggesting that Burton should renege from his Contract with us, Brandy jumped on board with comments until Burton cut it off at the knee's.

I understand why Dogs fans are salty at Penrith and how they acted. They just reek of arrogance.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think what Ivan said was that bad but I'm stoked to see how well Burton played last night! The big game pressure didn't get to him, he lifted for it.

Congrats on the premiership Matty, bring that experience to the dogs now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Meh, who gives a fuck what that shit **** thinks.

Fluking a GF doesn't make you a good coach. Plenty of rubbish coaches with a GF win.

He knows this was his first and last premiership.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As others have said it doesn’t sound salty at all he’s just disappointed to lose Burton which is pretty natural.
Didn't have to be a **** about it.

He could of just said we will miss him big time and I wish him the best of luck.

But again, he is a salty **** because reality bit him when he realised they will lose one of their biggest pieces for their title defence next year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't have to be a **** about it.

He could of just said we will miss him big time and I wish him the best of luck.

But again, he is a salty **** because reality bit him when he realised they will lose one of their biggest pieces for their title defence next year.
Isn’t the reality biting that they won’t have a gun centre who was a massive contributor to winning a comp? It’s a compliment if anything.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
MUPPET.!!!!!

now it’s our turn to steal a A good young superstar, it’s called karma, in one way or another.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cleary kept him 'in case' of injury to halves and for season 2021 Matt played one game at half and 6 at five eighth. Listed as a half back on the Pampers website. Then shifted into the centres whilst Penrith had centres on the books that they did not use.

Yes, he killed it and we are lucky to be getting him, but Penrith got mega value from the kid who was on the lower end of the pay scale with reportedly a 150k contract. That is how they valued him then and no way can they replace him at that amount now. We win...they lose......

Cleary is an arrogant piece of work and one coaching success does not make a super coach.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I actually think if it wasnt the pressure from us wanting him early, cleary would of not been smart enoughto play him.