Salary Cap Mega thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Please explain what “business” they’re going about? They are the Football Club Board, a spokesperson be it Andersons, Dunn or even Price should be creating machinations. So by sitting on their hands while the media throw grenades at out our brand is a good strategy?
So you’re confident moving forward with this administration given that there has been no clear direction or plans?
Perception is reality....
The "business" is running the club and fixing the mess created by persons previously in charge. They don't have to broadcast what they are doing nor do they need to respond to speculation. Would I like to hear something? Maybe but not if it ruins our club by confirming the speculation or by causing them to lie about the present situation. That would damage the brand. Would you like them to shoot themselves in the foot like Dib did when he announced to the world that we had resigned Hasler? How much will that comment cost us?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL360 just talked about our cap drama

After watching them I’m convinced they don’t know shit and we are not that far in the shit

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
NRL360 just talked about our cap drama

After watching them I’m convinced they don’t know shit and we are not that far in the shit
Kent did say though that he text Hill and he confirmed that our cap situation was not great

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, in other words we still do not know.
And by saying its not great reading between lines the media is pretty close to the mark no chance of keeping the morris twins

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know that saying ...

"The silence is deafening"..........

the reports may not be 100% accurate, but I truly believe they are in the ball park.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like my Mum always used to say " If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing" ( from the Mark Twain quote " If you have nothing to say, say nothing" )

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "business" is running the club and fixing the mess created by persons previously in charge. They don't have to broadcast what they are doing nor do they need to respond to speculation. Would I like to hear something? Maybe but not if it ruins our club by confirming the speculation or by causing them to lie about the present situation. That would damage the brand. Would you like them to shoot themselves in the foot like Dib did when he announced to the world that we had resigned Hasler? How much will that comment cost us?
Again what club are they running? The lack of a strategy & public voice in the form of One of the Andersons, Dunn or even Price hardly makes an attractive brand to do business with does it. I’m not bashing the current FB Club Board, since being voted in, but:-
What have they changed?
What are they doing to improve our situation?
I would like to hear some spin from this management cause the lack of presence isn’t adding value to our brand ...

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Again what club are they running? The lack of a strategy & public voice in the form of One of the Andersons, Dunn or even Price hardly makes an attractive brand to do business with does it. I’m not bashing the current FB Club Board, since being voted in, but:-
What have they changed?
I would like to hear some spin from this management cause the lack of presence isn’t adding value to our brand ...
What do you want them to do? Run nude through Belmore? You are vashibg the board. Put your CEO hat on. Tell us what you would do? Whats your brilliant plan?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He said not great but not as bad as reported
Just watching the segment now and again there is a play on words happening. "90% of 2018/2019 salary cap is spent on 50% of the players" so by doing the maths of a cap of $9.4m that means $940k is available. What is not said though is that we have 3 players off contract this year and Grahams money so that has to be added in. We may not be rolling in dough but we will have enough to get by. Even Hill's text to PK was that things are not as bad as reported.

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You know that saying ...

"The silence is deafening"..........

the reports may not be 100% accurate, but I truly believe they are in the ball park.
Exactly... where there’s smoke there’s fire...

TBH I think we are screwed.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just watching the segment now and again there is a play on words happening. "90% of 2018/2019 salary cap is spent on 50% of the players" so by doing the maths of a cap of $9.4m that means $940k is available. What is not said though is that we have 3 players off contract this year and Grahams money so that has to be added in. We may not be rolling in dough but we will have enough to get by. Even Hill's text to PK was that things are not as bad as reported.
Yeah and whoever we sign will be on minimum wage...

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What have they changed?
It’s not the boards role to be addressing the media. That’s why the board elects a CEO. That’s wheee ray dib got it wrong. Because he wanted to be chairman and have the spot light of the CEO aswell.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can someone please explain something to me. Do we only have $800k to spend if we retain all our players? Or do we only have $800k to spend after we release all those off contract like Morris brothers, Eastwood, Graham’s final year money? What’s the go here?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone please explain something to me. Do we only have $800k to spend if we retain all our players? Or do we only have $800k to spend after we release all those off contract like Morris brothers, Eastwood, Graham’s final year money? What’s the go here?
No one knows 100%, all we do know is we're not in great shape with the cap
So in other words, no idea......

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the question alright....We have $500k from Graham plus $200k from salary increase even if everything stays the same. Then you have the question of how much the escalations might be against the value of the Morris and Eastwood contracts. So there it is. How much do we pay if we keep those three and is what we might have left over enough to cover any escalations plus buy another player or two. Only the club knows and they would be crazy to go public with it in any specific terms as the jackals would swarm.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not the boards role to be addressing the media. That’s why the board elects a CEO. That’s wheee ray dib got it wrong. Because he wanted to be chairman and have the spot light of the CEO aswell.

It absolutely is!!! Dear oh dear You pelicans still carrying on about Dib!
So Politis is the CEO? Scott Penn is the CEO. Lancini is the CEO?
The Board appoints one of it’s members as the Spokesperson(chair) on of the roles is to represent the board externally.
The CEO is supposedly at arms length from the FC Board to demonstrate transparency.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It absolutely is!!! Dear oh dear You pelicans still carrying on about Dib!
So Politis is the CEO? Scott Penn is the CEO. Lancini is the CEO?
The Board appoints one of it’s members as the Spokesperson(chair) on of the roles is to represent the board externally.
The CEO is supposedly at arms length from the FC Board to demonstrate transparency.
The CEO of every company in Australia is there to implement the strategies of the board and speak on behalf of them as they are only part-time participants. It has nothing to do with transparency as the board employs the CEO. Boards generally meet once a month to consider issues/options. They are not employees of the Club.

The CEO should be the first person to talk to the media not the last. That person is the only full-time employee who has access to the board all the time. The only time you should hear from the board is when the issue is beyond the CEO. In this case the cap is the domain of the CEO to manage and really doesn't require any public statements from the board beyond supporting what the CEO says.

Status
Not open for further replies.