Saddam Gets Hanged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TESTIFYING THOSE THAT HIRED SADDAM WOULD HAVE HAD THE SITUATION AND OUTCOME CHANGED COMPLETELY ALTHOUGH THIS SEEMS VERY UNREALISTIC OF HAPPENING THOUGH.

:o

Sorry man, I didnt get what you said

M

MikeyP..

Saddam deserved it for killing all those peeps but many Iraqies seem to be against it....

M

muz

The trial case itself was unjustified. The trial should have occurred in The International Court of Justice (ICJ), where 20 or more united nation judges should have decided his sentence as opposed to having one ****ing judge operate the trial in Iraq. The Americans wanted to get rid of Saddam as soon as possible for the secrets and promises, which America had with Saddam dating back in the 1970s to the 1990s such as the invasion of Kuwait. My quote stands “without bothering to consider justification- well then capital punishment is murder”

T

TdoggBulldog

personally i think he should have been kept alive and the relatives of those killed should have been able to torture him to make him feel the pain he made them go thru.

Hma

The Emperor
Reaction score
personally i think he should have been kept alive and the relatives of those killed should have been able to torture him to make him feel the pain he made them go thru.
still doesnt bring their close ones back

he deserved it, but once again he hadn't planned it all, he just went thro with it...

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Furore grows over Saddam's execution
January 4, 2007

BRITAIN'S Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott, has described the manner of Saddam Hussein's execution as "deplorable" amid growing revulsion over mobile phone images of the hanging.

But the new United Nations Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, skirted the UN's long-standing opposition to the death penalty, saying execution was a matter for individual countries to decide.

Responding to footage showing witnesses and guards chanting and telling Saddam to "go to hell", Mr Prescott said: "Frankly, to get that kind of recorded messages coming out is totally unacceptable, and I think whoever is involved and responsible for it should be ashamed of themselves."

In a terse exchange with a BBC interviewer, Mr Prescott refused to be drawn into criticising the Iraqi Government, which arranged the execution. "If they are responsible, I pass my comment and that's where I stand," he said.

An Iraqi court prosecutor said he had almost halted the execution when supporters of Moqtada al-Sadr, the radical Shiite cleric and militia leader, taunted Saddam as he stood on the gallows.

The prosecutor, Munkith al-Faroon, who is heard appealing for order on the explicit video, said he had threatened to leave if the jeering did not stop. "They knew that if I left, the execution could not go ahead," he said.

As the Iraqi Government mounted an investigation into how officials had smuggled in mobile phone cameras, he also challenged the accounts of the Justice Minister and an adviser to the Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, who said the film was shot by a guard.

"Two officials were holding mobile phone cameras," said Mr Faroon, a deputy prosecutor in the trial that sentenced Saddam to hang, and the chief prosecutor in a second trial that will continue against his aides for genocide against the Kurds. "One of them I know. He's a high-ranking government official," Mr Faroon said, refusing to name the man.

The Vatican's official newspaper decried the images of Saddam's hanging as a "spectacle", violating human rights and harming efforts to promote reconciliation in Iraq.

Italy, a rotating member of the UN Security Council, announced a diplomatic push at the UN for a worldwide moratorium on the death penalty, following a wave of denunciations across Europe over the execution.

However Mr Ban said: "We should never forget the victims of his crimes. The issue of capital punishment is for each and every [UN] member state to decide." All countries should pay due regard "to all aspects of international humanitarian laws", he said.

Mr Ban was previously the foreign minister in South Korea, one of the few members of the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development to have the death penalty. It is considering abolishing it and has not executed anyone since 1997.

A spokeswoman for Mr Ban said his remarks did not represent a change in UN policy. But Kofi Annan, who retired as secretary-general on New Year's Eve, explicitly opposed the death penalty for Saddam.

The Iraqi President, Jalal Talabani, yesterday distanced himself from the execution, saying he had not needed to give his approval for it and had not known when it was to take place.

A spokesman for Mr Talabani said he "restated his opposition to the death penalty, but doesn't interfere in the independence of the judiciary". The statement also quoted a letter written by Mr Talabani to the Iraqi cabinet explaining his stance towards the court that tried Saddam.

"Article 137 of the constitution doesn't give the president the right to issue a pardon or to alleviate a decision concerning crimes of international jurisdiction" such as crimes against humanity, he said.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
BTW

Saddam was given a huge dose of morphine before his hanging, the US was scared that he would expose all their "secrets".

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
He semed very awake and aware for someone on a massive dose of morphine.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Morphine doesn't make you sleep, it sedates you, your still aware of whats going on.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your point being? People still talk while on morphine.

But I see where your coming from, just because JNN didn't report it, it didn't happen. OK, he wasn't sedated, he just didn't give a flying fcuk.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
lol @ jnn...

but i must say, i agree with doggfather..

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
BTW

Saddam was given a huge dose of morphine before his hanging, the US was scared that he would expose all their "secrets".
u idiot saddham speaks ARAB most ppl dont even understand that

Status
Not open for further replies.