Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1.Maybe our current players are just plain dumb
2.Which coach is available at the moment. Other than Bellemy, Bennett and Robinson do you really have confidence in the other NRL coaches?
3.We'd just be more of an unattractive team chopping and changing coaches for players to come.
4. What about the new players coming next year thinking all along Baz will be 2022 coach, are there any clauses in their contracts specifically Burton's contract?
5. Imagine the hammering and more negative publicity we'd cop.
They are all very valid and sensible points mate except I think for point 1. I just don't buy that as we are not talking about park footy players and except for guys like BBO, Topine etc., they have all played plenty of 1st grade so they didn't just suddenly all become dumb or dumber. They are not being coached.

Personally I have wanted us to go after Bellamy/Bennett since Des was punted although I was happy to see Pay have a go initially. I agree its not a good look to keep chopping and changing coaches but it looks equally as bad to accept shit. The contracts thing hopefully isn't an issue and I am sure Burton, JAC etc. would not be "upset" at being coached by someone like Bennett. Players talk and you will struggle to find many that don't rate Bennett very highly. If there is any chance to bring Bennett in even if Arthur has to give Barrett a bag of money I think we are mad not to take the punt while it exists. If we don't and we wait until next year, maybe Bennet gets picked up by The Tigers or Brisbane in a Gus role and then we are fucked as Bellamy has signed long term and Robinson isn't leaving the Roosters.

I would be feeling him out now and I hope Gus is.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head .

Add to the fact the poor defensive decisions individuals make and you start to see that it’s not the structures in place but the individuals applying them .

If 1 player can change the fortunes of a club , ie manly with Tom T then i think its assessment to make that it’s quality individuals that determine the success of a team , always has been and will be .

Our roster is painfully weak . There’s good young players coming through but without the quality to support them this year .
The roster is assembling quite nicely next year and it resembles a quality NRL squad. I would expect improvements from some of the younger players now they have some representative players around them
Yep we have the worst roster in the NRL and we will come last. We had the worst roster too last year and came equal last.

Thats not to say Baz gets off without blame. All of the players he signed have been woeful although I will say Waddell has shown glimpses of not being a total dud recently.

What has killed us is that our highest paid players have been terrible his year. Napa, Elliott and Hoppa wouldnt be making any other teams top 17. I actually didnt like the re-signing of Elliott last year. It was clear that Jacko was finished as an edge backrower last year and he needed to play lock this year. That's where Elliott had been playing for the past few years. He is not an edge backrower and he should have been let go.

If Hopoate gets picked again at right centre this week I will scream. He had 5 or 6 chances yesterday with good early ball that any decent centre would absolutely kill for and he got chopped down every time by Chee-Kam who is a fucking backrower !!!!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont care if people vent about the coach. I am disappointed as well and I cant believe how bad we have played. The last 2 weeks especially have been terrible. But anyone who thinks Baz will be sacked before the back end of 2022 will be disappointed because it just aint happening.

We will have a totally different side next year and he will be given a chance to improve the side. Whether or not he deserves that chance is up for debate but he fact remains that he will get that chance. If we tank again he will get punted.

Football clubs and Leagues clubs are bleeding money at the moment due to Covid and we have just outlaid big money for Gus. We wont be sacking a coach with 2 years to go on his contract and copping the payout.
Thats it
NRL is also funding these clubs in QLD, wont look too kindly on clubs blowing a million to sack a coach and bring a new one in
Lots of lost gate takings for all clubs for this year

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Reality & the truth are...
Hitler Hasler & Cleal were too busy Des-Troying our roster and lower grades.
Dean Pay was powerless watching The Andersons and Hill destroy the rest of the it.
On the other hand TBaz & JK have been doing an admirable job rebuilding the squad without a General Manager of Football.
It is easy to destroy a house but harder and time consuming to build one...especially if you don't have a project manager in our case a General Manager of Football and this is where Gus comes into the equation.
For people that have no faith in anyone or anything...Be assured
The right decisions will be made !!!
100% correct!
Mind you, the non-performing immature, whinging nitwits here will never listen to a reasoned explanation.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mind you, the non-performing immature, whinging nitwits here will never listen to a reasoned explanation.
"non-performing immature, whinging nitwits", yeah that sounds like reasoned explanation or discussion..

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another friendly wager.
If we can't win another game this year, he is to have a penis surgically added to his nose.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are all very valid and sensible points mate except I think for point 1. I just don't buy that as we are not talking about park footy players and except for guys like BBO, Topine etc., they have all played plenty of 1st grade so they didn't just suddenly all become dumb or dumber. They are not being coached.

Personally I have wanted us to go after Bellamy/Bennett since Des was punted although I was happy to see Pay have a go initially. I agree its not a good look to keep chopping and changing coaches but it looks equally as bad to accept shit. The contracts thing hopefully isn't an issue and I am sure Burton, JAC etc. would not be "upset" at being coached by someone like Bennett. Players talk and you will struggle to find many that don't rate Bennett very highly. If there is any chance to bring Bennett in even if Arthur has to give Barrett a bag of money I think we are mad not to take the punt while it exists. If we don't and we wait until next year, maybe Bennet gets picked up by The Tigers or Brisbane in a Gus role and then we are fucked as Bellamy has signed long term and Robinson isn't leaving the Roosters.

I would be feeling him out now and I hope Gus is.
I wouldn’t mind Bennett but I think that ship has sailed. Twice he was willing to come and twice we knocked him back. The first time we knocked him back we appointed Kevin Moore instead Lol. I remember my own brother asking Ray Dib why they appointed Kevin Moore, who was Kevin Moore as a coach, and what he could offer? Dib replied back to my brother and said “who was Neil Henry?” as in Henry was doing well in the beginning of his coaching career at that time and was kind of an unknown before he became FG coach LOL

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And . "Sack Barrett Effective Immediately" is a reasoned argument...
Its an opinion, not one I would support unless there is a better option.

But surely its reasoned argument by some on here that we have regressed and have performed overall worse than we did last year and things don't appear to have improved anywhere. I get that its unlikely but if someone the caliber of Bennett is available now and the prospect of a coach like him not being available next year, I think it has to be considered based on how crap Barrett appears to be as a coach.

Are we really willing to bet it all that he will suddenly come good when there is no evidence to suggest he will?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind Bennett but I think that ship has sailed. Twice he was willing to come and twice we knocked him back. The first time we knocked him back we appointed Kevin Moore instead Lol. I remember my own brother asking Ray Dib why they appointed Kevin Moore, who was Kevin Moore as a coach, and what he could offer? Dib replied back to my brother and said “who was Neil Henry?” as in Henry was doing well in the beginning of his coaching career at that time and was kind of an unknown before he became FG coach LOL
Agree, but the difference this time is we have a Gus.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Right, so we agree then

Woohoo!
Wow, it took you that long to know that, geez.

I just don’t agree with sacking him right now. Willing to give him a chance with the team he’s trying to build.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m glad I’m a source of amusement for you.

You had me worried for a minute with your rage in the previous posts.
Of course you’re amusing, plenty like you on TK with all the answers

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its an opinion, not one I would support unless there is a better option.

But surely its reasoned argument by some on here that we have regressed and have performed overall worse than we did last year and things don't appear to have improved anywhere. I get that its unlikely but if someone the caliber of Bennett is available now and the prospect of a coach like him not being available next year, I think it has to be considered based on how crap Barrett appears to be as a coach.

Are we really willing to bet it all that he will suddenly come good when there is no evidence to suggest he will?
You cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and no matter who is at the helm this lot just doesn't have the capacity to play at an NRL level.
It is the squad, not the coach that is underperforming.
Next year however will be another matter...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and no matter who is at the helm this lot just doesn't have the capacity to play at an NRL level.
It is the squad, not the coach that is underperforming.
Next year however will be another matter...
Trent is not underperforming? Are you serious? It can be both who are not up to scratch.

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
And I’ve got some further maths for you.

Our overall win rate over that 3 year period was 31%
Our win rare during that period where Foran actually played was 27%

Please tell me more about how big of a loss Foran and his $1M/year baggage is to further justify the Barrett excusathon
That's awesome research, so keep breaking it down.

Do a comparison of Foran vs without Foran against top 8 teams for those seasons (points difference), and rounds played. I know we won a fair few games at the back end of the season when the pressure wasn't the same. Did Foran play in those games? If you dont consider this then your results are biased/flawed.
Get back to us, it would be great to find out.

The problem with stats is that the figures don't tell the whole story. For example, statistically David Klemmer is one of the best props in the game. However the Knights are trying to move him on. Why?

Just like any good sample, you need to give Baz enough time to coach before you can make a decision on whether he is right for the job.
Take it easy.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent is not underperforming? Are you serious? It can be both who are not up to scratch.
As an ex-coach (20 years, juniors and seniors of League and Union) I can tell you, you can only repeat yourself and drill your squad to a certain point then it's up to them to make it happen on the field.
Next year will be make or break for Baz and what I want to see is the team setting up tries and not us relying on a few star players' individual brilliances.
Ben Baba was a prime example he won more games for us than the team did as a whole.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's awesome research, so keep breaking it down.

Do a comparison of Foran vs without Foran against top 8 teams for those seasons (points difference), and rounds played. I know we won a fair few games at the back end of the season when the pressure wasn't the same. Did Foran play in those games? If you dont consider this then your results are biased/flawed.
Get back to us, it would be great to find out.

The problem with stats is that the figures don't tell the whole story. For example, statistically David Klemmer is one of the best props in the game. However the Knights are trying to move him on. Why?

Just like any good sample, you need to give Baz enough time to coach before you can make a decision on whether he is right for the job.
Take it easy.
"Take it easy give him time" Did you note the date this thread was created LOL...right after Round 6 16 fucking weeks ago!