Russia vs Ukraine

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Involved which way??
Making a move while everyone is focused on Russia.

Didn't catch the whole segment but obviously Israel is extra wary of them now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are these ones just added to the mix. I don’t really get it. Assuming it’s just to add further economic pressures. Hearing though China has eased trade sanctions with Russia. So there on Russia side by sound of it
I'm guessing the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got me wondering if Chernobyl will be used as a proverbial threat at all.

Hitting it with a missile could still potentially spread radioactivity around Belarus, and surrounding areas of Europe depending on the winds. It would also drive Russia out of certain areas of Ukraine, and act as a distraction to potentially save Ukraine... but at what cost.

Could work the other way though too with Russia hitting it and driving out Ukrainians that way.
the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone includes areas in Belarus and since Belarus is allied to Russia in the current war, it is hard to see the Russians deliberately attacking the containment which could affect Belarus... and it is Ukrainian territory and so, it is not in their interests to do anything to it either... which leaves just the potential anarchy of the war destroying or at least damaging the containment

The one that worries me in all this, is Iran. They are doing a lot of deals with Russia and have a lot in the pipeline. They have nuclear weapons/ballistic missiles, and are probably even more of a loose canon than Russia.

Keeping in mind too that (from memory) no countries in Arabia are members of NATO.

For some reason I thought Israel & Australia were part of NATO. Turns out they are not.

So if China every came knocking on Australias door, NATO would not intervene.

NATO's grouping is mainly in Europe, along with backing from UK and US.
Australia has its own alliances with the US historically and now (ANZUS & AUKUS)

Iran is a player in the Middle East and its ongoing cold war with Saudi Arabia is interesting but it is not a player when it comes to Europe

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Got me wondering if Chernobyl will be used as a proverbial threat at all.

Hitting it with a missile could still potentially spread radioactivity around Belarus, and surrounding areas of Europe depending on the winds. It would also drive Russia out of certain areas of Ukraine, and act as a distraction to potentially save Ukraine... but at what cost.

Could work the other way though too with Russia hitting it and driving out Ukrainians that way.

The one that worries me in all this, is Iran. They are doing a lot of deals with Russia and have a lot in the pipeline. They have nuclear weapons/ballistic missiles, and are probably even more of a loose canon than Russia.

Keeping in mind too that (from memory) no countries in Arabia are members of NATO.

For some reason I thought Israel & Australia were part of NATO. Turns out they are not.

So if China every came knocking on Australias door, NATO would not intervene.

NATO's grouping is mainly in Europe, along with backing from UK and US.
Iran wanna practice nuking Israel first before they join Russia in nuking America, so we will have some sort of early warning with Iran.
Once Iran, China, Russia & Nth Korea have destroyed the Western nations then they will start destroying each other, but by then I'll be long gone

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are these ones just added to the mix. I don’t really get it. Assuming it’s just to add further economic pressures. Hearing though China has eased trade sanctions with Russia. So there on Russia side by sound of it
some of the why is listed within here

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Well at least the news cycle got what it was thirsting for gushing reports about doom. Someone should make a COVID Bomb that gives everyone COVID and kills people the media would froth…

Breaking News COVID bomb kills 20 and gives 500 COVID. Could your family be next? And why you should be concerned. And next up.. Are David and Suzy getting hot and heavy on MAFS

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes and no... China and Russia have some common interests (eg. relations with the US) but also key differences, too, with Russia being a declining power with an economy heavily dependant on energy exports and China as an ascendant power looking to compete with the US... the fact that China and Russia share a border and China has 10x the population of Russia also make their interactions interesting

but China will be keenly watching all this unfold in Ukraine

Last edited:

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sanctions are a fucking joke since Russia & China can supply each other with the things that the West will try to deny those two countries through these pathetic sanctions...it's like smacking Putin or Xi with a wet lettuce leaf...& they know it

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Soviet Union ain't ever coming back... the Baltic states are all NATO members, Armenia and Azerbaijan are at each other's throats, Ukraine is a basket case with an even bleaker future now, the Central Asian republics enjoy being their own despotates, Moldova is of no value (no offence), Georgia undermined by the autonomy of Abkhazia and South Ossetia etc.

this "Putin wishes to reconstitute the USSR" is a baseless media talking point
Agree he won't get the USSR back but he'll try going after anyone not in NATO if he can and try and destabilise the others. He clearly plays the long game.

It seems that population is a big thing today with the superpowers. Interestingly, Russia's population is about 144 million, if he had all the old Soviet republics then that's a population of about 290 million.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well at least the news cycle got what it was thirsting for gushing reports about doom. Someone should make a COVID Bomb that gives everyone COVID and kills people the media would froth…

Breaking News COVID bomb kills 20 and gives 500 COVID. Could your family be next? And why you should be concerned. And next up.. Are David and Suzy getting hot and heavy on MAFS
You forgot to add the Step-Sister tag to make it extra spicy

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the West have known for 14 years that the Russians would oppose NATO membership for Ukraine... so, again, why keep pushing it?
That's what the Ukrainians want. They were dudded by their ex-president who was obviously a Putin stooge and he stopped it all and now lives in exile in Russia (or Crimea).

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
why not go into Rwanda then where during the course of 3 months in 1994 between 500,000 and 800,000 Tutsis were killed by the Hutus and up to 500,000 rapes occurred... it was even the same US president at the time
I think everyone agrees that Rwanda was massive idiocy by NATO and the UN. The UN even had peacekeeping troops there at the start, but they withdrew them.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dare say China will be about to reveal where there support lies. Maybe it's why Europe and the US haven't raced in to send the military.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree he won't get the USSR back but he'll try going after anyone not in NATO if he can and try and destabilise the others. He clearly plays the long game.

It seems that population is a big thing today with the superpowers. Interestingly, Russia's population is about 144 million, if he had all the old Soviet republics then that's a population of about 290 million.
Belarus is already in Russia's pocket, whatever the outcome of this war in Ukraine the consequences and enmities are going to last generations, Moldova really has no value... Georgia and Azerbaijan could be targets but the fact that Azerbaijan is Muslim will cause its own set of problems... everyone else directly east is in NATO and they themselves have a containment of Russia firmly on their minds (eg. Three Seas Initiative)... Sweden and Finland are not in NATO but the Russians would not have even the semblance of a justification in invading the Scandinavian countries

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's complicated... for example, Putin is far more popular than Gorbachev or Yeltsin are now... Gorbachev is seen as having sold off the country and Yeltsin as incapable of standing up to the West... I guess a lot of Russians see it as a choice between being liberal and democratic and weak vs authoritarian and strong
Yeah there's definitely a strong nationalist sentiment in there given they've always been powerful so probably plenty saw the collapse as an embarrassment.

Re Yeltsin he just couldn't stand up at all, loved his vodka way too much.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what the Ukrainians want. They were dudded by their ex-president who was obviously a Putin stooge and he stopped it all and now lives in exile in Russia (or Crimea).
Russia wanted to join NATO and were rebuffed