RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not, i have good source that the Roosters will release Latrell before June 30 if;
1. Dogs pick up the full amount of his Roosters contract for the next 18 months
2. Handover Michael Lichaa for the remainder of the year - not negotiable
I think it's foran they want

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe some of the comments on here, 1 million for Latrell is a bargain, he is the most talented player in the game, you don't need him to play half or fullback and touch the ball every set to dominate a game, give him some early ball and there isn't a single player in the game he can't beat. People are calling him mentally fragile? why, because he needed sometime with his family after 4 family tragedies in a month? fucken some of yous need to get checked out. We aren't signing Munster, Trbo boys have both said they want to be at Manly for life and knocked us back in the past, Ponga still has three years to go and we would have to compete with 3 other codes for his signature. Latrell is 22 and already had a career better than some great players had in 10-15 years. He will retire with 20+ Origin caps and 40 odd Australia games. Talk about signing a Marquee player.
Right on! Plus who knows where the NRL salaries are at in 5 years...

Last edited:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Believe it or not, i have good source that the Roosters will release Latrell before June 30 if;
1. Dogs pick up the full amount of his Roosters contract for the next 18 months
2. Handover Michael Lichaa for the remainder of the year - not negotiable
I’m leaning towards “Or not” but would rather be leaning towards “JIZZING”

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of wether we sign him or not at least it’s giving us something positive to talk about

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What value can you attribute to a player that brings in more and better players then you are currently attracting? Maybe we pay and extra 100k - 150k per year to Lattrell in order to attract those players, by the time you fill up your team I think you save on a few contracts at the end in drawing power?? Just another thought.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the very least it will make the rorting roosters pay overs for him

And it shows the dogs are in the market for a marquee so if your a player manager with a marquee player you’d be knocking on belmore doors to see what’s on offer

That’s the only thing keeping me sane moving forward
We will be aggressive in the player market
Just wish we have the correct coach at the time of signings
Even if we were to end up with Manu as a result id still be pumped... Manu is a stud.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What value can you attribute to a player that brings in more and better players then you are currently attracting? Maybe we pay and extra 100k - 150k per year to Lattrell in order to attract those players, by the time you fill up your team I think you save on a few contracts at the end in drawing power?? Just another thought.
Not anymore.

Every player manager has a family and ego to feed.

The less the player takes, the less the manager gets

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not anymore.

Every player manager has a family and ego to feed.

The less the player takes, the less the manager gets
For sure but at the end of the day it's the player who decides and if he's got a contract for 400k at x club and a contract for 350k at a club he's keen on it may just prove to be the factor.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Haha if true that would be awesome to explode in their faces after he signed and embarrassed the lot of them. I doubt Fitler will be coach next year anyways.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can 100% confirm that Mitchell was dropped because he has apparently a handshake agreement with the bulldogs to sign for 10 years so politis called on old man bender aka fittler to drop Mitchell.
Freddy did talk about dropping players that used origin as a bargaining chip to boost contracts last series. This though is a lot different and abit closer to home for Freddy and his latte sipping cockheads... so maybe this has some substance.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Either way this will be funny when one of those idiots pick that up from this site and drop it on one of the footy shows or their "Exclusive columns" coming into Origin 2! LMAO

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very much doubt it, politis has no pull regards state of origin, if that was gonna happennit wouldve happened at the roosters, i call bs.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very much doubt it, politis has no pull regards state of origin, if that was gonna happennit wouldve happened at the roosters, i call bs.
Then please explain how body corner became captain lol

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not bs but the club will deny it coz they tried to keep it in house
It was perceived that if it got out the chances of securing him would drop significantly
But it has rattled a few cages out Bondi way
Good. About bloody time