Rugby league guru speaks on Matt Burton (Podcast)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who says the system WILL work though? Ciraldo is an inexperienced coach and we're essentially relying on kids who may or may not make it to carry us into the future. If the Bulldogs were a European football club there would be mass protests by now lol.
We saw glimpses of it on the weekend... Our defense and scramble was quality and the tries we scored were off attacking structures/ set plays.

The obvious weakness is the weight of our pack. Sort that out i reckon the rest follows.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We saw glimpses of it on the weekend... Our defense and scramble was quality and the tries we scored were off attacking structures/ set plays.

The obvious weakness is the weight of our pack. Sort that out i reckon the rest follows.
I saw fucking nothing lol.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who says the system WILL work though? Ciraldo is an inexperienced coach and we're essentially relying on kids who may or may not make it to carry us into the future. If the Bulldogs were a European football club there would be mass protests by now lol.
We may get 7 players out of the crop or 1. People here think we will be flooded with a dynasty like Panthers, doesn't always happen. I don't trust CC to be able to manage them anyway

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think the first move is Critta or Tracey to FB and getting some sort of a roll on. Then think about Burton...

Kid is too good to play center and unlocking his best footy as a 5/8 should probably be a priority going forward if we are serious about building.
Question is can the coaching staff unlock his best footy. He was great in 2021 for us but something it's working for the past year plus with him but yes the staff need to get him back on track as a priority.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that just shows this guy level of intelligence then, he is not a fullback, you need to be more vocal at fullback than 6.
If he is moving, which they wont, it would be to centre with Tracey to 6 possibly
Bloke thinks its Rugby League Live 4 and he can just swap players in rd1 without training there all off season.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you seen that doco on netflix called sunderland till i die Lol? Good watch of you wanna see how feral it is

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We may get 7 players out of the crop or 1. People here think we will be flooded with a dynasty like Panthers, doesn't always happen. I don't trust CC to be able to manage them anyway
There will be at least 2-3 players coming in every year starting from next year and they're all decent. Its about building something for these kids to join rather than building around them.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There will be at least 2-3 players coming in every year starting from next year and they're all decent. Its about building something for these kids to join rather than building around them.
Exactly but alot on here seem to think majority of players signed today will be discarded for this 18 year old super team

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question is can the coaching staff unlock his best footy. He was great in 2021 for us but something it's working for the past year plus with him but yes the staff need to get him back on track as a priority.
4 different coaches in 4 years would probably do that to you... Kid needs to find a style and stick with it.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If we are to select players according to what their best possible position might be,
Here is how it will look like
1 Crichton
2 Kiraz
3 Xerri
4 Burton
5 JAC
6 Tracey / Hutchison
7 Sexton
Would this work ? Possibly.
Just drop Burton completely. There are players who don't deserve to lose a backline position to this non event.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say leave Burton at 5/8 and work on some attacking ideas as a team instead of just one out stuff and then high kick on the 5th.
We always play the best attacking footy when we spread the ball, offload and play fearless footy. Yet master coach thinks it’s a good idea to finish a game with 2 offloads only and take hit ups when we are down by 12 !

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

100%
And for those calling for young pup O’Neill to be drafted into 1st grade…. NO WAY IN HELL! Why throw a kid in when he’s be playing the least feared front row not just in the NRL, but I’d say NSW Cup.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What happened to dropping players? The last time we dropped a regular first grader was when Dymock dropped Jmoz and he came back a better player. Burton should spend some time in reserves to master his skills against lesser opposition, gain some confidence and come back to first grade m

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened to dropping players? The last time we dropped a regular first grader was when Dymock dropped Jmoz and he came back a better player. Burton should spend some time in reserves to master his skills against lesser opposition, gain some confidence and come back to first grade m
Sure JMoz went back to NSW Cup and scored a hattrick in the first game, I'm not sure he needed much more confidence and his skills plainly were up there already.

He wasn't dropped for anything to do with him, Dymock was simply setting the example that no one is immune from being dropped. The effect on the other players was what he was aiming for.

Always a Bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton running game at its best would suit FB. However the bloke doesn't fucking talk or organise at 6... How the fuck could he handle more responsibility at 1.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hutch/Sexton. We aren't defending our way to win so I at least want to see us play some football and use our edges.
Join team Tracey and Sexton in the halves. Critta or Papalii FB, Taffy out

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sexton and Burton played a very good game together late last year.. worth persisting with or if CC has the courage Burton to centre where he is a gun..

6. Burton 7. Sexton
Or
4. Burton 7. Sexton