OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Moey91

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On the other hand Origin can help players lift their form or to take their game to another level.
Depends on the player.
Crichton would have to be picked wouldn't he? And he will be better for it.
Burton will benefit from more experience at this level.
Other rough chances like Curran or Mahoney will benefit.
The one player I'd like to keep out of origin is JAC.
Don't forget we have plenty of depth especially outside backs.
Oh dont get me wrong I completely get it, I was refering to injury wise

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think you have it all wrong it was how the whole game went .
How so? We were winning 16-8 at the 60min mark. I bet no Dogs fans were up in arms at half time when we led 10-8. It only went pear-shaped in the last 10min when Reynolds and Goodwin kicked penalty goals to get Soufs home. Goodwin’s kick came immediately after Klemmer was binned for dissent - exactly what we just saw on Saturday again - he hasn’t changed.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

I noticed this hasn't appeared on the NRL or Bulldogs web sites, not sure why?

Always a Bulldog

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh dont get me wrong I completely get it, I was refering to injury wise
Yep.
Have the same concern. Especially if Slater tries to turn the game into a bash-fest again.
That's actually why JAC is the one who would worry me most.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other hand Origin can help players lift their form or to take their game to another level.
Depends on the player.
Crighton a certainty and maybe Preston (depends who they go with to replace Murray). JAC who knows hardest position to tell feel they go Sualii

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How so? We were winning 16-8 at the 60min mark. I bet no Dogs fans were up in arms at half time when we led 10-8. It only went pear-shaped in the last 10min when Reynolds and Goodwin kicked penalty goals to get Soufs home. Goodwin’s kick came immediately after Klemmer was binned for dissent - exactly what we just saw on Saturday again - he hasn’t changed.
I’m pretty sure they got an 8 point try then a 2 point field goal so 10 points just from a refs call. There was a lot off calls that went against us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Depends on the player.
It's what players strive for and an important highlight of their career.

Run the chance of injury but it's a dream to be picked and line up in SOO.

*cross our fingers we dont get injuries with anyone good enough to be picked*

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they got an 8 point try then a 2 point field goal so 10 points just from a refs call. There was a lot off calls that went against us.
The Isaac Luke try was before half time, we will still in front and extended that lead after the break. No two point field goals back then, so the difference was two penalty goals in the last 10min. If you’re good enough it doesn’t come down to any referee calls. We were good enough: 16-8 at 60min proved it. We blew it. Anyway it was 9 years ago - time to let it go don’t you think?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Isaac Luke try was before half time, we will still in front and extended that lead after the break. No two point field goals back then, so the difference was two penalty goals in the last 10min. If you’re good enough it doesn’t come down to any referee calls. We were good enough: 16-8 at 60min proved it. We blew it. Anyway it was 9 years ago - time to let it go don’t you think?
2 point field goal is the Reynolds penalty, the point is Sutton will never give 50/50 calls to us, he’s bias and the tigers game proved it when he didn’t inform the ref about the sinbin of sezer hipdrop

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
2 point field goal is the Reynolds penalty, the point is Sutton will never give 50/50 calls to us, he’s bias and the tigers game proved it when he didn’t inform the ref about the sinbin of sezer hipdrop
You can hold your grievances as you wish as it seems a few Dogs fans want to continue to do. I think that’s pretty sad. Our focus should be on being good enough so that 50/50 calls simply don’t matter. I bet that’s Ciro’s focus and I back him. The rest is just noise.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can hold your grievances as you wish as it seems a few Dogs fans want to continue to do. I think that’s pretty sad. Our focus should be on being good enough so that 50/50 calls simply don’t matter. I bet that’s Ciro’s focus and I back him. The rest is just noise.
It does matter about the 50/50 calls look at what happened to the cowboys for 3 straight finals in a row. If one team gets all the 50/50 it give one team the advantage of another.
NRL is based on 50/50 calls. Just cause you don’t see there is hatred towards us from Sutton it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just cause you don’t see there is hatred towards us from Sutton it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
Just because you think hatred from Sutton exists doesn’t mean it does. Goes both ways.

Tell you what - let’s pick up this discussion next time we lose a game from a dodgy call. I may or may not share the view but I can guarantee I won’t hold a grudge for almost a decade. Like I said, pretty sad.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Annesley says "wasn't a hip drop, but was a dangerous tackle, should have been sent to the sin bin". Proving Sutton wrong .............. again.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
King Siro is looking through some serious rose coloured glasses but I get it, many fans are one-eyed for their team, plenty on here too, it’s part of the rugby league fabric.
True lol but we aren't thaat bad are we????
Don't answer that!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are a massive chance v panther. I got a feeling they'll be more switched on than we've seen in the last couple of weeks.
If we come out with the same mindset and attitude as we did Vs Roosters in that first half with a healthy roster, we will give ourselves a chance. I’m still pinching myself, In previous seasons, this game was “by how much”…. we’re actually a genuine chance, that’s how much we’ve turned the corner.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True lol but we aren't thaat bad are we????
Don't answer that!
Haha, we’re definitely not that bad, maybe the odd one here and there but yeah, our fans are pretty honest in my view (say it how it is), best fans in the game unofficially, most passionate officially! The only thing that does my head in is when fans go at each other when they back the same team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Haha, we’re definitely not that bad, maybe the odd one here and there but yeah, our fans are pretty honest in my view (say it how it is), best fans in the game unofficially, most passionate officially! The only thing that does my head in is when fans go at each other when they back the same team.
It's a shame. Isn't it.
The old saying. With friends like that: who needs enemies.

Best I could come up with is.
With fellow Bulldogs fans like that. Who needs opposition fans...or something likethatt lol

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just because you think hatred from Sutton exists doesn’t mean it does. Goes both ways.

Tell you what - let’s pick up this discussion next time we lose a game from a dodgy call. I may or may not share the view but I can guarantee I won’t hold a grudge for almost a decade. Like I said, pretty sad.
Only reason I hold a grudge is cause Sutton doesn’t call a fair game.