Round 9 - Dogs vs Raiders - Team List and Game Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hoppa will be playing. I'm hearing Holland will make way for Bmoz & Montoya on the wings.

We won't need to bother with kicking as we won't be scoring any points.

23 Will Hopoate
2 Brett Morris
3 Josh Morris
4 Brenko Lee
5 Marcelo Montoya
6 Josh Reynolds
7 Moses Mbye
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Michael Lichaa
10 James Graham
11 Josh Jackson
12 Greg Eastwood
13 David Klemmer

14 Sam Kasiano
15 Danny Fualalo
16 Adam Elliott
20 Matt Frawley

DROP OFF #1 (to 19)
19 Francis Tualau
21 Reimis Smith

DROP OFF #2 (to 17)
2 Kerrod Holland
17 Raymond Faitala-Mariner

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Henry Perenara is ref we got a great winning percentage under him. Chris James assistant. Amazing first game at ANZ v Raiders since 2011!!!
Perenara's good winning % with us is because of opposition when he refs, not because he is fair or friendly. You may change your mind after Saturday

Reactions: DT

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs love playing the Raiders, this should be the one where the passes stick we run a few decoys, cut outs and learn to enjoy footy again.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs love playing the Raiders, this should be the one where the passes stick we run a few decoys, cut outs and learn to enjoy footy again.
Then get ass rapped and 30 put on us in the first half....seriously though we haven't been in the best of form and with all the josh shit going on this week I doubt we will be mentally there today... hope I'm wrong but I can see a big cricket score put on us and des blaming all the contract distractions on it wait and see

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think i have every seen the dogs beat Canberra at Anz... I'm sure theyh have but I cant find it anywhere in my memory bank.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are a great chance get behind the boys!

Come on Dogs!

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really surprised that bookmakers and the so called experts give the Bulldogs little chance against the Raiders. Canberra for some reason are reverred in 2017. They are currently 4-4, same as Canterbury. Yes, on paper they look miles ahead of the Dogs, but at ANZ they can be upset.
The Bulldogs need to get in an old fashioned dogfight with Canberra. It would be suicidal to try and match them in terms of throwing in around.
The Bulldogs pack have to get on top and that will rattle them. Manly did it last week, and the Sharks obliterated the Raiders in round 2 in the middle. I give the Dogs a great shot at beating the $1.45 favourites.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing that makes no sense to me is, Hoppa and Lichaa both won't be here next season and Frawley seems like he will be Forans partner in the halves so why doesn't Des get him in there from now and why doesn't he groom Mbye into a hooker from now. And Montoya should be the starting winger FROM NOW.

Let Frawley and Mbye build the Hooker and Halfback combo from now so when Foran is in the team it's an easy transition.

1. Bmoz
2. Holland
3. JMoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley
8. Klemmer
9. Mbye
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Graham

14. Kasiano
15. Fualalo
16. Fualalo
17. To'omaga
Speaking of 'groom' whatever happened to Aaron?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont think i have every seen the dogs beat Canberra at Anz... I'm sure theyh have but I cant find it anywhere in my memory bank.
2011 Barba 4 tries

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really surprised that bookmakers and the so called experts give the Bulldogs little chance against the Raiders. Canberra for some reason are reverred in 2017. They are currently 4-4, same as Canterbury. Yes, on paper they look miles ahead of the Dogs, but at ANZ they can be upset.
The Bulldogs need to get in an old fashioned dogfight with Canberra. It would be suicidal to try and match them in terms of throwing in around.
The Bulldogs pack have to get on top and that will rattle them. Manly did it last week, and the Sharks obliterated the Raiders in round 2 in the middle. I give the Dogs a great shot at beating the $1.45 favourites.
If Henry let's us wrestle slow the ruck we can win

Leilua and Rapana love quick ptb

There's two teams I want to see us beat this year Raiders and Cowboys and I could get my wish in consecutive games!! [emoji1420]

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Then get ass rapped and 30 put on us in the first half....seriously though we haven't been in the best of form and with all the josh shit going on this week I doubt we will be mentally there today... hope I'm wrong but I can see a big cricket score put on us and des blaming all the contract distractions on it wait and see
Could go that way.
We all know the team struggles in attack generally and with 5th tackle options, getting repeat sets and field position because our halves are not very good.
But in defence the team is very.good.
When teams put a big score on us like Manly did, it's likely other off field issues are at play and the just doesn't turn up.

Could happen today. If it does spells trouble for the rest of the season I think.

Anyway we go in as massive underdogs so good to sit down and watch with little expectations.

N

Natboy

I'm looking forward to this game.
It should be entertaining.
As long as we win I'm happy to see some good open footy on a dry track.
If not, villis pies will keep me happy haha

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the opposite. The Reynolds announcement is the emotional spike that gives us a good shot. I think the team will be up and about. I reckon the reason the Tigers won was all the talk of Woods and that silly lunch date. He had a point to prove.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Cotric will score a double down the left, both caused by Lee's snapperhead defence. Holland and JMoz will handle BJ and Rapana mostly. (Austin) will have a blinder, aided by Reynolds trying too hard.

Papalli will be down on form a bit, but he'll still smash Plodman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.