Round 9 - Dogs vs Broncos - Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Deathspell Interested to know your thoughts on this one..

If the Bulldogs can prove that the game was not officiated either fairly or correctly... could they not force the NRL to have the game replayed or something like that?

or sue the NRL for lost earnings/wages/bonuses for a win?

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol everyone is falling for pats distraction from the fact he’s a shit **** coach and is just using the refs (granted cheating *****) as an excuse for his failures.
Fuck off mate. The players busted their guts out there tonight. They played well and were penalised out of the game. Yep they made some errors. Every player does. Arm chair critic. Support your team for fuck sake.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
@Deathspell Interested to know your thoughts on this one..

If the Bulldogs can prove that the game was not officiated either fairly or correctly... could they not force the NRL to have the game replayed or something like that?

or sue the NRL for lost earnings/wages/bonuses for a win?
The NRL has been structured in such a way that even though you might win financial compensation you will not be successful in obtaining any consideration relating to the game,ie replay.

The NRL is run by the Australian Rugby League Commission,which is a governing body,with a board of control made up of 18 shareholders.The association has been incorporated,this allows them to conduct financial transactions.Associations,same as clubs fall under the Associations Incorporation Act (1987).Under this act they have the power to have a constitution,that deals with the rules which include the basic principles and regulations or by-laws,which can only be changed by the committee.The NRL in it's constitution have separated disputes under two areas,ordinary resolution (those handed by Chairman,CEO and 7 commissioners ) and special resolution (handled at general or annual meetings by the board).

Under the Act the organization has the power to resolve disputes according to laws found in it's constitution.To take it to a Court of Civil Jurisdiction to prove error of judgement or misapplication of a rule,you must first get a judgement against their constitution.A case needs to be presented that their constitution is unfair and got unclear rules that do not deal correctly with the objection at hand. Or you can challenge the Act 's section,disputing the authority given to an organization's constitutional laws,arguing that final judgement should not be superior or in conflict with Civil Law.
The area of judicial review of an official's or referee’s decision has been infrequently litigated.Plaintiffs have not been successful in this area,and the courts continue to show their reluctance to become involved in playing field decisions,unless fraud or corruption can be proven.One day some young bright Civil Law Counselor would litigate successfully and form a precedent.But until now,even trying to convince the court to conduct a judicial review of the referee's decision is a problem.

I'm inclined to try something different then applying directly for a civil law suit to Court of Civil Jurisdiction.I would make a submission to the Court of Civil Jurisdiction at the Supreme Court to hear an application to form an arbitral tribunal of two professionals,with expertise in law and mediation,to adjudicate on the questions of onfield loss and damages valuation.I would subpoena the Chairman of the NRL to appear infront of this arbitral tribunal.If I'm successful,I'll go back to Court of Civil Jurisdiction and apply for a judicial writ (an 'order of mandamus'),to secure a statutory duty and command,for the exhibit to wit favorable report findings from arbitral tribunal be put in evidence in the first hearing of Court of Civil Jurisdiction.With the writ and exhibit in place,the court has no option but to hear my law suit.If the judge shows reluctance to hear the matter,I will pursue a course of action in court that will expose grounds for appeal.My aim would be to give the NRL no option but to suggest mediation,in order to avoid embarrassment.Since replaying the game might be unfair to other team,my terms would be to credit both teams the points and pay the club and all personnel reasonable compensation.

If fraud or corruption can be proven,it becomess a criminal offense and the organization's constitution is subservient to Criminal Law.The charges and any subsequent Civil action would be brought against the referee.The organization would still have the power on ultimate decisions regarding the outcome of the game.If an error in judgement or misapplication of a rule has caused a player to be injured,only the referee can be sued.What the referee then needs to do if he loses the law suit,is to sue the NRL as a servant.

In suing for earnings,wages and bonuses for a win there has to be 2 law suits.
One from the club,proving that such a decision cost membership loss/potential,sponsorship decline or adverse public reaction and damage (advancement in the competition).
Other law suit,would be a class action,by all members that have incurred a financial loss.Both these cases will cost a lot of money especially the class action,were lots of parties are involved.
I believe the NRL because of adverse publicity will mediate and offer a settlement.
I hope this helps.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the real reality was the dogs where awful with 10 embarrassing errors and brisbane where pretty bad aswell and melbourne would have put 50 on us

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The next time Sutton refs us - we should take the “longest Yard” Movie route.... set him up for a Klemmer special or just aim a kick at his balls.... Oh yeah sorry, I bet he doesn’t have any!!!
Well we know the Suttons have absolutely no integrity what so ever.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Awesome to see our coach call that maggot oxygen thief out!

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Pay should dead set walk into his next press conference after a sutton game with a massive blank cheque and unleash, don't hold back!!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a cheat. I feel for the players. I flew up for the game. What was it 2 or 3 offside penalties v the Dogs then none. They were offside all game and that cheat ignored them.
You would have a better idea being at the game.
In the 2nd half there was one instance where Hopoate lost the ball in a "tackle" he received the pass from Foran and I think it was Roberts was on Hoppa as soon as the ball arrived.
But Roberts must have been at least 5 meters offside for fuck sake.
No penalty to us of course and Brisbane made 30 odd meters.
Sutton is as corrupt as the day is long!!!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I knew from the souths game that we were going to be reffed out this year. Yes we are shit but it was clear as day the NRL don't want us near that trophy.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Respect. Gotta give our coach respect for questioning what was the worst referring i have seen in a long time. 3 penalties and 1 was because we forced it with a scrum set play.

People are saying his a shit coach bla bla bla... so to those people.... do you not think lobsided penalty count made a difference? Yes we made mistakes but we defended well majority of the game, and as if broncos are that discipline for the whole 80min being onside and causing no infringements atall... it’s seriously a load of crap and I personally think pay had the right to say whatever he did and more

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Soon as full time whistle blew - first thing I said to my mates was this - if Deano wants us fans completely on side, go in and tear them a new asshole. Ill pay the 10K - IDGAF.

Absolutely disgraceful. If I ever see that c.unt Gerry on the street, he's gonna cop a mouthful :smirk:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Respect. Gotta give our coach respect for questioning what was the worst referring i have seen in a long time. 3 penalties and 1 was because we forced it with a scrum set play.

People are saying his a shit coach bla bla bla... so to those people.... do you not think lobsided penalty count made a difference? Yes we made mistakes but we defended well majority of the game, and as if broncos are that discipline for the whole 80min being onside and causing no infringements atall... it’s seriously a load of crap and I personally think pay had the right to say whatever he did and more
i'd love for Pay to be like; 'they hate us, they dont want us to win, lets be our best and beat them at their own game and fucking build that siege mentality"
Problem is though, we have alot of players we need to oust, so its hard to instill that to a certain extent.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pay should have just come straight out and said "my boys will not be taking the field in future, whilst Sutton remains a referee".

See how the NRL deals with that one.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck off mate. The players busted their guts out there tonight. They played well and were penalised out of the game. Yep they made some errors. Every player does. Arm chair critic. Support your team for fuck sake.
Did I criticise the players or pay dumb ****? Learn context, read between the lines (aka brackets). Hope your vagina isn’t too damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.