Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently we worked on our skill levels in the off season...what particular skill(s) have we improved?

Regardless, Deano reckons he’s seen improvement....let’s see if we get to see what he sees...si si signore!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the rabbitohs could beat the roosters then we should've been able to beat them as well considering we should've won that Good Friday game. We've def gone backwards, some people are just not putting the effort in..

We need to start sacking players as well as coaches, I reckon the players have already decided this is the building year

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously points for and against right? As you know under 6's don't convert so we have 20 tries for and 11 against.
Yeah that's right no conversation in 6's but I thought they play 4 points as a try still? Im probably wrong though it's different in the 8's. How cute are these little 5 year Olds running around aye, I watched one last week and this little one kept running all the way out and all the way to his mum on the sidelines and he still wouldn't surrender the ball lol it's great to watch

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah that's right no conversation in 6's but I thought they play 4 points as a try still? Im probably wrong though it's different in the 8's. How cute are these little 5 year Olds running around aye, I watched one last week and this little one kept running all the way out and all the way to his mum on the sidelines and he still wouldn't surrender the ball lol it's great to watch
I think i love coaching them as much as they enjoy playing.

I love how my boy fends and offloads already, it's amazing how some kids are just naturals at them game. I'm blessed to have my son and another kid who is a natural beast.

PS we aren't supposed to keep score but every coach does lol so our for would be 80 and against 44

Last edited:

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i love coaching them as much as they enjoy playing.

I love how my boy fends and offloads already, it's amazing how some kids are just naturals at them game. I'm blessed to have my son and another kid who is a natural beast.
Couldn't agree more, I'm in a similar situation with my boy, natural runner of the ball and coming second for trys scored this year in the whole comp with 8 trys in 3 games. 6's are cute because can coach can stay on with them on the field but as they get a little older it's a different type of exciting to watch. You will be surprised how good a organised under 8's team looks especially when they gang tackle it's great to watch lol I'm with you I love coaching. You in the Canterbury comp?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, I'm in a similar situation with my boy, natural runner of the ball and coming second for trys scored this year in the whole comp with 8 trys in 3 games. 6's are cute because can coach can stay on with them on the field but as they get a little older it's a different type of exciting to watch. You will be surprised how good a organised under 8's team looks especially when they gang tackle it's great to watch lol I'm with you I love coaching. You in the Canterbury comp?
I wish. Merrylands Maulers in Parra comp

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish. Merrylands Maulers in Parra comp
How is that comp overall? Canterbury are a extremely strict comp when it comes to ground officials and refs enforcing rules. I'm with st George dragons but we in the Canterbury comp, go figure I don't understand that one lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How is that comp overall? Canterbury are a extremely strict comp when it comes to ground officials and refs enforcing rules. I'm with st George dragons but we in the Canterbury comp, go figure I don't understand that one lol
I have to be honest and say it is well run. Under 6's get a "fair chance" IE it's play on if the knock on or forward pass, once per set. The 2 coaches actually ref on the field.

Plus they have time keepers and one official spectating.

PS and they play the ball correctly, better than some Dogs players lol

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bulldogz82 I remeber playing St George Dragons back in the 60s they had rooster gerseys if i remember rightly i actually played for St Johns and Brothers when Lakemba was still in A.ustralia

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Match Officials
Grant Atkins Referee (last win June 2016). Last 5 games (recent to oldest) = L L L L W(June 2016)
Alan Shortall Referee (last win Apr 2017). Last 5 games (recent to oldest) = L L L W(Apr 2017) W
Ashley Klein Senior Review Official (last win Sep 2017). Last 5 games (recent to oldest) = W(Sep 2017) L L W W

Not a good sign when last 3 games under both lead refs we have lost.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey Bulldogz82 I remeber playing St George Dragons back in the 60s they had rooster gerseys if i remember rightly i actually played for St Johns and Brothers when Lakemba was still in A.ustralia
They still have the roosters gurnseys lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ref and penalty breakdown.

upload_2018-4-26_11-29-33.png

SUMMARY:
  • Last game we played with both these refs was against Panthers. We got hammered 12-7 for penalties and lost 38 - Nil.
  • We haven't won a game with EITHER of these refs since 14th April 2017. We won 24 - 9 over Souths.
  • Last game we won with both Shortall and Atkins as ref was 14th April 2017. We won 24 - 9 over Souths.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gonna be a long long 80 mins
Zero skill in this team and I mean zero
Dragons took 60 secs to score vs rooters last night with some heads up eyes open footy.
We could still be at anz from last week and still wouldn’t score.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will win the next 3 games. I'm confident will win tomorrow. We are all in for a shock with the way we will play.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is your dealer?
Stuff who his dealer is lol...

We HAVE to win this !! No more excuses, no more ifs or buts an no more “we are improving” other teams are playing the game an getting results! It’s a win an nothing but will be acceptable at this stage of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.