Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's a possibility our conservative coach is actually playing Flanno at 6 for defence and to get him running to see if he has it in him AND he has Burto at 7 to get him organising a lot more.

Who knows. We are desperate to get some effective plays going.

One thing we can probably bet on is that IF KO gets on it will be for 5 minutes only at the end of the game! :grinning:

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love you Doc, great post you finally took care of this Pest, Slimy Weed, Troll in such a simple calm manner, I think everyone on The Kennel Salutes you and it's great to see nobody responding to his baiting anymore which makes him look a bigger Idiot than he already is, I, like lots of others have had many run inns with this dope, until I realized the best way to deal with him is to ignore and not respond, I hope all Kennelers will follow suit
View attachment 68729
By run ins you mean you suggested I should kill myself and then that someone should murder me. I’m surprised you are applauding calmness. It’s not really your style lol

Nice to see I’m still living rent free in your head, though.

And while you’re wrong about me baiting people, you’re right about one thing. Nobody responds to me any more.

Attachments

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A tad weird really for such a conservative coach..who is feeding the scrum? :grinning:
When they first brought KO into NSW CUP this year they had him at 5/8 so he really just had to think about himself and his outside runners. Towards the end of that game they had him running the team, the following week he was listed at 7.

When they do finally bring him in I can see them do something similar. I had thought it would be off the bench, then bring him in late in the game to have a few runs and get comfortable with the speed of the game. But maybe CC thinks he is ready to start. Other possibility is that KF or JR will start at 5/8 to take the initial 20 minutes, then bring KO on.

WIll be interesting to see what happens, but I will be disappointed if KF and Burto run out that why and stay that way all game. They will not have JR, KO and KF in the 17. one will miss out.

CC doesn't tend to play games with selections in the 13 however he has certainly had player not named in 17 make their debut of the bench on game day.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By run ins you mean you suggested I should kill myself and then that someone should murder me. I’m surprised you are applauding calmness. It’s not really your style lol

Nice to see I’m still living rent free in your head, though.

And while you’re wrong about me baiting people, you’re right about one thing. Nobody responds to me any more.
A++++++ on your new profile pic loool. Also if there are actual suggestions that hint at harm/self harm, we need to ban these people. Cant they see that you are actually just having harmless troll fun? if they actually still cant see it, then thats on them mate. I see it.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A++++++ on your new profile pic loool. Also if there are actual suggestions that hint at harm/self harm, we need to ban these people. Cant they see that you are actually just having harmless troll fun? if they actually still cant see it, then thats on them mate. I see it.
I know, right. I know he was only "joking" but some people could take that sort of thing seriously. No wonder he doesn't get my jokes if that's his idea of joking lol.

Glad you like the pic lol. But I don't troll any more. I am a reformed man. I see this pic more as a creative expression of truth - as all the best forms of artistic expression are!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Some don't believe it, or don't have the guts to see it, the fact is that our club has been victimised for a long time now (probably since the SL war).
Weak leadership has resulted in our club bending over backwards to try to regain respectability.
In MHO it hasn't worked or if is it is working very slowly, keeping Flamingo in the team proves to me that the club is afraid of the adverse publicity it will draw.
After the duty of care bs our Club suffered no wonder I guess.

Btw any rant and 15 minute segment of NRL 360 regarding Walker being unceremoniously, embarrassingly and cruelly publicly humiliated by being dropped by Rorters?

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, right. I know he was only "joking" but some people could take that sort of thing seriously. No wonder he doesn't get my jokes if that's his idea of joking lol.

Glad you like the pic lol. But I don't troll any more. I am a reformed man. I see this pic more as a creative expression of truth - as all the best forms of artistic expression are!
The extra care in finding the right photos of Reed and RCG just adds to the quality of the pic. Im feeling inspired to follow suit and change mine haha. But also cbf.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The extra care in finding the right photos of Reed and RCG just adds to the quality of the pic. Im feeling inspired to follow suit and change mine haha. But also cbf.
They fit pretty well, don't they? Not only the angles, but the look on Reed's face just works lol

Do it. Get creative, baby!

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Snubbed for Knockonboor is even worse.
Eddie Jones is probably preparing the contract now.
I don't think he's been snubbed. It is never a good idea to debut a young player in a match in which you're likely to get a flogging. Next week we've got St George, and, even with our injury problems, we're a chance of beating them. I'm not saying Cronulla have already won on Saturday, but it will be a massive boil-over if we do manage to beat them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think he's been snubbed. It is never a good idea to debut a young player in a match in which you're likely to get a flogging. Next week we've got St George, and, even with our injury problems, we're a chance of beating them. I'm not saying Cronulla have already won on Saturday, but it will be a massive boil-over if we do manage to beat them.
Only used snubbed in sympathy with post I replied to :grinning: But same same sentiment. Oki picked over Skelton. Wrong IMO. I find it extremely hard to justify Oki who is a failed winger for past 3 years, and has been publicly explained by Gus that he is trained as a forward now, to get picked over a Australian Rugby 7's player. He specificly sought us out and making a very fast transition to league and is just the right player to make metres and give the guys a lift. Ok defence is not 100% but no alternative is defensively sound either ...especially Oki.

Anyway just an opinion and good to discuss without insults and belittling so all good :grinning:

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He might have to play Tarsha Gale to do that uce
Don't think he would need to go that far, fam. His NSW Cup numbers from last year were much better than Oloapu's this year. Oloapu is a talent, but here is a huge step up in quality from Cup to first grade.

As much as I'd like to see him do well, I don't think he's ready. I think this is a desperation move by a coach who is almost as out of his depth as Barrett was. I hope TK will not all be too savage towards him when he doesn't meet their lofty expectations.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys cannot see CC's magnificent chess move....

It's not Flanno that will make way for KO leading into the game....it's Burton.

He will be moved to the centres to replace Averillo or Burns.

JR remains on the bench in case our new look halves fail to control the game.

Brilliant from CC!
Interesting

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Show us the stats
Don’t have them… nor do I have tons to post them. But they have already been posted on another thread. Flano had a considerable amount more TAs in 4 matches than KO had in 6. With TK’s super lofty expectations, KO is being set up to fail.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don’t have them… nor do I have tons to post them. But they have already been posted on another thread. Flano had a considerable amount more TAs in 4 matches than KO had in 6. With TK’s super lofty expectations, KO is being set up to fail.
That's a cop out bro, where have they been posted?

Plus whoever knocks KO has no idea about league.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Plus whoever knocks KO has no idea about league.
It's not a cop out. If I say they've been posted, they have been posted. But I am working and I'm not going to waste my time going digging through pages of threads 'til I find them... nor am I going digging for them myself.

I'm not knocking him, but he's a teenager and you guys are expecting him to me some magic fix despite the fact his stats to this point in Cup are not as dominant as Flanagan's were last year. He is being set up to fail on the weight of unrealistic expectation, IMO.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regardless of stats Flanagan imho was no more than ok in nsw cup last year - he had some good touches n moments- on par with most nsw cup standard halves who have reached their peak - from what iv seen Rajab, Hayward n Oloapu have him covered at nsw cup level at least and they seem to have a lot more development in them

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's not a cop out. If I say they've been posted, they have been posted. But I am working and I'm not going to waste my time going digging through pages of threads 'til I find them... nor am I going digging for them myself.

I'm not knocking him, but he's a teenager and you guys are expecting him to me some magic fix despite the fact his stats to this point in Cup are not as dominant as Flanagan's were last year. He is being set up to fail on the weight of unrealistic expectation, IMO.
People who actually know and understand the game aren't expecting him to be Mortimer off the bat.

He will make mistakes and mistakes need to happen so he learns and adapts.

I for one only want him to support the centre so he can become a half. If he does that then he is already miles ahead of flamingo.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Regardless of stats Flanagan imho was no more than ok in nsw cup last year - he had some good touches n moments- on par with most nsw cup standard halves who have reached their peak - from what iv seen Rajab, Hayward n Oloapu have him covered at nsw cup level at least and they seem to have a lot more development in them
He is a park footballer at best or a nsw cup player in the worst team.

Nobody would know who the shit **** is if it wasn't for his dad.