Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After being at the game, then watching the replay and looking at the stats, which are interesting;

Errors - Bulldogs 11 Sharks 13 = Not what I expected to see, I left the game thinking we lost the game due to the number of errors we made, but watching the replay that wasn't the case, sure we made many at dumb times when we were on the attack, but in a total number sense not the case.

Penalties (inc Set Restarts) - Bulldogs 7 Sharks 7 = Again not what I expected to see, I left the game thinking we got smashed in the penalties, albeit we got ZERO Set Restarts, how the fark is that possible.

Missed & Ineffective Tackles - Bulldogs 41 Sharks 46 = WTF, hardly what I expected to see, I left the game thinking our defence was so much worse than their's , which Effective Tackles Bulldogs 89% Sharks 87% shows was not the case.

There are plenty of other things that watching the replay and looking at stats (Kick Metres, Forced Drop Outs, Play the Ball Speed, Offloads, Completion Rates etc) where we were more than competitive.

We just weren't that bad, the problem as I see it was a distinct lack of strike power, we were missing those players that make something happen when there is nothing on. Not having JAC, Kiraz and Kikau in particular really limits our attack and also has a detrimental effect on our defence.

Always a Bulldog
Nice analysis.

The sharks are a top 6 team. I felt they always had our measure. We will never compete consistently with the top teams with Flanagan in the halves.

One of the most telling stats you didn’t mention was metres gained. I think they had over 1700 and we were just over 1400

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate I think the anger is that better NSW Cup players didn't get a run
Mate there's only one player worth bringing up and it's Skelton, but him on his own was not going to win us the game on Saturday. Please don't say KO because he's so far away from FG. KO not showing anything special in reserve grade TBH.

Our full team would maybe have narrowly lost or narrowly won against a top 4 outfit. It's always been known throughout the coaching ranks of the NRL, the team that uses the least amount of players from their available squad members each year usually ends up in the top 4 and has successful year. It's very important to keep the same side on the field week in week out because that's how you build cohesion in both attack and defense. Our team has been very unsettled player wise with combinations.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice analysis.

The sharks are a top 6 team. I felt they always had our measure. We will never compete consistently with the top teams with Flanagan in the halves.

One of the most telling stats you didn’t mention was metres gained. I think they had over 1700 and we were just over 1400
That (1733 v 1424) is skewed by the Time in Possession (27 v 24 mins), they had 13% more time with the ball than we did and made 18% more metres. Hardly earth shattering, that's without considering our absent players. Completions (78% v 75%) isn't dramatically different either.

Always a Bulldog

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Topine LOL he is done out here
A shit topine is still 10 x the player knockonbur will ever be

not once this season has topine played in the forwards due to our game day injuries
Always been sent to cover centre
Well he ain’t a centre and he can’t be judged on that

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After being at the game, then watching the replay and looking at the stats, which are interesting;

Errors - Bulldogs 11 Sharks 13 = Not what I expected to see, I left the game thinking we lost the game due to the number of errors we made, but watching the replay that wasn't the case, sure we made many at dumb times when we were on the attack, but in a total number sense not the case.

Penalties (inc Set Restarts) - Bulldogs 7 Sharks 7 = Again not what I expected to see, I left the game thinking we got smashed in the penalties, albeit we got ZERO Set Restarts, how the fark is that possible.

Missed & Ineffective Tackles - Bulldogs 41 Sharks 46 = WTF, hardly what I expected to see, I left the game thinking our defence was so much worse than their's , which Effective Tackles Bulldogs 89% Sharks 87% shows was not the case.

There are plenty of other things that watching the replay and looking at stats (Kick Metres, Forced Drop Outs, Play the Ball Speed, Offloads, Completion Rates etc) where we were more than competitive.

We just weren't that bad, the problem as I see it was a distinct lack of strike power, we were missing those players that make something happen when there is nothing on. Not having JAC, Kiraz and Kikau in particular really limits our attack and also has a detrimental effect on our defence.

Always a Bulldog
All these equal or better stats and we still got pumped. We will revert to the 80/20 stats next game and get pumped.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m the sad one when you start with the family shit you autistic fuck. I’ll let Reynolds know your mums ready for him soon
Reynolds was and is only interested in your mum you retarded monkey