Status
Not open for further replies.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

1. Connor Tracey 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Bronson Xerri 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Samuel Hughes 9.Reed Mahoney 10. Chris Patolo 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jaeman Salmon 13. Josh Curran 14. Bailey Hayward 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Kurtis Morrin 17. Blake Taaffe 19. Toby Sexton 20. Liam Knight 21. Jake Turpin 22. Max King 23. Kitione Kautoga

Injury & suspension ward (Tue 9am): Kurtis Morrin (R7); Jacob Preston (R9); Ryan Sutton, Daniel Suluka-Fifita (R12); Harrison Edwards, Max King, Kurt Mann, Blake Taaffe, Blake Wilson (TBC); Karl Oloapu (indefinite)

Newcastle Knights

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Greg Marzhew 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Enari Tuala 6. Jack Cogger 7.Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Leo Thompson 11. Dylan Lucas 12. Kai Pearce-Paul 13. Adam Elliott 14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Daniel Saifiti 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Jed Cartwright 19. Brodie Jones 20. Tyson Gamble 21. David Armstrong 22.Thomas Jenkins

Injury & suspension ward (Tue 9am): Tyson Frizell (TBC)

Referees: Peter Gough;Sideline Officials: Clayton Wills, Phil Henderson;Video Referees: Wyatt Raymond;

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Predicting CC sticks with a pretty similar side. Hoping sexton gets a run, tracey stays at flb and KK gets dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I reckon Ciraldo will stick with Hutchison for at least one more week given we have a bye next week. Hopefully not.
I think so aswell. Only because KPP is big body and hard to handle, can't see coach wanting to give him a fresh target

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think so aswell. Only because KPP is big body and hard to handle, can't see coach wanting to give him a fresh target
To be honest I’m happy with that call if he decides to go that way. Better than losing 66-0 if we can’t defend because they expose our side. Funny thing is last weeks game was the softest tries I’ve ever seen. We haven’t been belted in the middle like last year with teams scoring tries so easy

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Expecting Hutch to remain. Dropping Hutch just generates unwanted negative press, especially when we only lost by 2 points and most people feel that we're not far from our best performance. Picking Sexton is a risk, he maybe able to execute a backline player better but teams are going to target him.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Expecting Hutch to remain. Dropping Hutch just generates unwanted negative press, especially when we only lost by 2 points and most people feel that we're not far from our best performance. Picking Sexton is a risk, he maybe able to execute a backline player better but teams are going to target him.
Plus it's best to make the change during the bye week. Get plenty of sessions in.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have heard so much about this switch sexton in for Hutchinson and Hutchinson comes off the bench.

sexton no doubt has earned his spot isn’t this why we brought him to the club he has immediate impact as soon as he came.

I think Burton and sexton have played enough together last year and during the pre season for them to work it out and I feel it suits Burton more to have someone more quicker next to him

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ciraldo waited until Rd 9 or 10 last year before dropping Flanagan.
He seems to plan his team selections around the draw.
I expected him to wait until the bye, but he might significantly increase the chances of winning with a tactical change at half back this week.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo waited until Rd 9 or 10 last year before dropping Flanagan.
He seems to plan his team selections around the draw.
I expected him to wait until the bye, but he might significantly increase the chances of winning with a tactical change at half back this week.
So many pinning our lack of results on halfback. I'd say an equally big concern is at 5/8.

It's about basic control of the game and both have left us well short at important moments in the game.

Changing these two now when were so close to turning the corner would be silly imo, especially when there's no viable alternatives

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even if Hutch is getting dropped, I still expect to see him named at 7. CC rarely runs out with the named team 1-13. It will be interesting to see what clues there are in the reserves/bench, will all of Taaffe, Sexton and Hayward get named? And then look to see who gets named in NSW Cup.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
this.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard so much about this switch sexton in for Hutchinson and Hutchinson comes off the bench.

sexton no doubt has earned his spot isn’t this why we brought him to the club he has immediate impact as soon as he came.

I think Burton and sexton have played enough together last year and during the pre season for them to work it out and I feel it suits Burton more to have someone more quicker next to him
The team picked will be as per normal. I just hope the necessary changes are made before kickoff. Hutch to 13. Taaffe to 7 with Sexton playing 14. I doubt they played Sexton at 9 in cup last week if he was in the frame for 7. So it’s between Sexy & KK for the 14 role I think.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Refs "not the worst possible combo" on the field and bunker?

Status
Not open for further replies.