ROUND 7 - Bulldogs VS Roosters - GAME DISCUSSION & TEAM LISTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s the proof that Sutton hammers the Roosters. A ratio of .72 is the worst of any club. During 2014 & 2015 when the Roosters were minor premiers, they never won a penalty count under Sutton, and lost quite a few matches.
Sutton won’t determine who wins, it will be a dominant Bulldogs forward pack who decides where the two points ends up.
It's not the amount of penalties, it's the crucial penalties at crucial times we are all talking about. I don't care if we lose the penalty count 20-10, if all the oppositions penalties were on the first tackle or on our line, its the 4th and 5th tackle penalties down their end that puts them in an attacking position. And penalties against us that aren't pulled up for the other team. Like Tolman getting penalised for not playing the ball properly, on around our 20m line which immediately puts souths on the attack ( can't remember if they scored in the next set ) but let's it go when fucking Burgess doesn't play the ball with his foot and they score the winning try on that play. Like I said, they are crucial and we never seem to get the crucial 50/50 calls our way. Even in round two, two of those tries for the roosters were knock ons 99 times out of 100. I'm fucking sick of it, I know we might not be a premiership team but all those calls affect confidence, and with a heap of confidence we would be a finals team at least, we still might be but we should be 3-3, could even be 4-2, but we've been fucked up the ass by this piece of shit, and Cummins

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To have any chance of beating the high priced under the table sombrero Roosters. the formula always remains the same OUR FORWARDS MUST DOMINATE for the full 80 minutes. We need to rip a gapping hole right up the middle of their defensive line while our backs capitalize on every opportunity to score. Dogs to win but not by much.

With that said if Cummins is the ref we are f_ck_d for sure!!! Then the Roosters by plenty.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To have any chance of beating the high priced under the table sombrero Roosters. the formula always remains the same OUR FORWARDS MUST DOMINATE for the full 80 minutes. We need to rip a gapping hole right up the middle of their defensive line while our backs capitalize on every opportunity to score. Dogs to win but not by much.

With that said if Cummins is the ref we are f_ck_d for sure!!! Then the Roosters by plenty.
Suttons the ref. Even worse

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since that black Friday every close game we've lost under Sutton was due to a major controversial decision that Sutton made

Penalty and sin bin of graham klemmer

Brenko lee sin bin

Latrell mitchells arm touching the ground with a tackle complete but yet he still passed and roosters score

Six again changed to a knock on that never happened vs roosters

When the **** has a chance to cheat us he does
His a fucking cumstain.. how he is still allowed to ref our games is beyond me

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of blame put on the referees, but this club had a bad habit of conceding stupid penalties. Refs have to act on penalties.
Pay seems to have settled the team and if the last game is any indication, he has cut out a lot of the penalties. All looking good.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reality check !
The Roosters have been easily the most penalised team since 2013. Daylight is second.
Their record under Sutton in terms of receiving penalties is poor.
Please keep in mind that throughout 2013 just about every penalty you blokes gave away was 100% deliberate

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s the proof that Sutton hammers the Roosters. A ratio of .72 is the worst of any club. During 2014 & 2015 when the Roosters were minor premiers, they never won a penalty count under Sutton, and lost quite a few matches.
Sutton won’t determine who wins, it will be a dominant Bulldogs forward pack who decides where the two points ends up.

Now, what made me know that that is exactly the stats you would have been looking at...the penalty count. Think about it ..........do the Roosters win a lot of them anyway?Sutton does not ref every single game and what happens penalty wise in those?

The coach of the Roosters brings the penalty count situation on himself by allowing his players the latitude to infringe; look boys you will get penalised but do it ( i.e. offside, hands on the ball, ruck infringements etc. )often enough and you will get away with some... think of the advantage you get when you don't get caught.

Not so much the penalty counts in our games vs. Roosters but the shit decisions and dodgy calls they seem to get that is of a concern.

The Sutton factor is not confined only to our games against the Roosters; I remember many times against other sides when that smarmy little smile would come out when awarding a penalty or quickly awarding a try then a replay shows decision was wrong......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is the first home game of the season that we have been able to get to albeit Thursday night, school holidays do come in handy sometimes. I am quite looking forward to it but am I correct in thinking we only get the first grade game to watch as the gates open at 6.30pm....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the first home game of the season that we have been able to get to albeit Thursday night, school holidays do come in handy sometimes. I am quite looking forward to it but am I correct in thinking we only get the first grade game to watch as the gates open at 6.30pm....
Dogluva,

Many of us are in awe at your commitment!

My inlaws are currently visiting, so I;m just hoping to get to see it on tele....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dogluva,

Many of us are in awe at your commitment!

My inlaws are currently visiting, so I;m just hoping to get to see it on tele....
Thank you but I just love my team. I am a bit disappointed at the way things are going with game days this year though. One game for the price of admission not too crash hot considering the NRL used to bang on about making the game day experience more enjoyable and value for money. Went to our reciprocal game against Souths and at least got more than just first grade. There are sides like Penrith and Canberra who consistently get a full game day with the lower grades because they have seemed to get a majority of daylight weekend games.

We got no reduction in our season ticket prices this year even though we lost one of our reciprocal games against St George( they have taken it back to Jubilee) and only 9 games at ANZ and 2 at Belmore so basically got less bang for our buck. Take into account the Thursday and Friday games where it looks like we will only get first grade and it is inferior to years past.

Can't even arrange to watch the Intrust now either as days do not tee up when we play Thursday and they play Saturday.....

Oh well guess like a lot of others will have to watch them on tele, not as good as going to the ground but that it seems is the direction the NRL wants to take.

I am hoping to see a win tomorrow night, we are a side still trying to find our way but there were a lot of positives from the weekend. RFM has been magic and some of the others stood up and played a lot better. Pay even seems to be finding his coaching mojo and his use of the bench is improving. Even though we are not at the top end of the table I am enjoying the footy from the boys as it is such a different type from last year.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reality check !
The Roosters have been easily the most penalised team since 2013. Daylight is second.
Their record under Sutton in terms of receiving penalties is poor.
You might be right about being penalized alot since 13 but have a look at our record under Sutton the last few years, easily one of if not the worst records a team has under a particular ref. He has had it in for us since that good friday game. It's not a coincidence anymore

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Score predictions: 22 - 18 dogs win
Would be happy as hell with that score but only way I see that score happening is if we jump out to a 18 or so lead and they come back in the last 20. The fatigue of this short turnaround and long flight will show in the last 20 imo. Hopefully we start as we did last week

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be right about being penalized alot since 13 but have a look at our record under Sutton the last few years, easily one of if not the worst records a team has under a particular ref. He has had it in for us since that good friday game. It's not a coincidence anymore

I honesty reckon that the referee will have no bearing on the result tomorrow night.
I think everyone agrees that the Roosters have a far superior backline to the Bulldogs. Only 2 at most would make the Roosters 1-7
However, conversely only Boyd Cordner would force his way into the Dogs pack.
Forwards win matches.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well I'm tipping the boys, and will be watching and cheering from Mick Cronins pub down in Gerrigong..Interested to see if other local Bulldogs fans be watching also.

Status
Not open for further replies.