Official Round 6 v Rabbitohs Match Discussion

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In reality, we were never really going to get a win theses last four weeks. They are the four gun teams. Stay true

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that the officials don't have an agenda against us is blind.
Firstly when Burns got over the line the replay showed one very very brief angle where the ball had touched the turf, the other angles which were inclusive were repertered several times.
Also I did not see Naden losing the ball into that south player before he scored, although the ball touched the souths player he always had posession of it, so it wasn't a knock on.
As for the sin binning of JMK it was a complete joke.
Alexander and the others celebrating south's win was sickning. I haven't seen that much celebrating in other games, their isn't much fun in celebrating when a wooden spoon team gets beaten.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interview doesn’t inspire me what so ever,what is consistent is the excuses.
Hey Trent why does your teams attack suck worse than horse shit?
Well we played a good 20 minute block we just have to do it for longer periods .

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interview doesn’t inspire me what so ever,what is consistent is the excuses.
Hey Trent why does your teams attack suck worse than horse shit?
Well we played a good 20 minute block we just have to do it for longer periods .
Tb quote “you will never play a perfect game of footy” man this guy is a loser losers mentality, certainly not dogs of war material.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And who is the right coach?

It wouldn't surprise me if Gus has at least got some quiet feelers out keeping him aware of other moves happening out there. However, there are at least three problems with the timeline you propose:

1. Who can realistically be gotten right now, or even at the end of the season?
2. Anyone that you do get is going to want to take charge of their own roster, so we will have another two seasons of "re-building", and the likelihood of at least some of the decent players Barrett has brought in having a poor reaction is high.
3. There is no guarantee that even if a top 4 coach came over, that they would turn things around in less than 2 seasons. The problem that you have then is that a bunch of fans, media, and sponsors start screaming that Barrett was given only 2 seasons (or less, based on the schedule that you want), so why is the new coach being given special favours? If that happens, we probably lose Gus, who is our single biggest hope of getting back to being a top 8 team. This, by the way, is probably the reason Gus won't fire Barrett, he understands these problems. He is going to give him long enough so that either; (a) Barrett and the team actually start to figure things out and turn things around, or (b) the next coach is assured by the fact we gave Barrett either his full 3 season or until he walked (after not being re-signed during his 3rd season in charge, and can proceed with confidence that the board/Gus will give him a decent chance.

Hence, if Barrett goes before the end of the season, you can forget about us getting off the bottom for a while to come, in fact you can probably forget about us getting a decent coach. That is the reality of where we stand. So what do you want? Do you want us to lose badly next week to put more pressure on the sack Barrett movement, or do you want us to win?
I think all the other staff around Barrett need to go. Snadercock, Ferris and Furner are all shit.
why is it we look so weak physically, lost in defence and exhausted all the time? What the fuck goes on there. I think Barrett is safe for now. But I reckon those three are on the chopping block. Also wtf does Steve Turner actually do? Deadset waste of finances. Is it they feel sorry for him cause he had to retire from injury?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like another failed season peeps

Sucks knowing the remainder of the season is about avoiding the spoon rather than challenging for the 8

Our attack sucks
Our defence is horrendous
We will not get any leeway from refs
Our coach and tactics suck
We still have deadwood

Lock in 15th
Jackson, JMK and the refs fucked us today. If anyone else has noticed. The start of our downwards spirals all stem from Jackson causing a 6 again or making some sort of error. Getting the opposition Out of their own half. He’s not a leader anymore. This club has taken his best years and given none back. We need a new Captain and drop him back to the bench. Start with Max King at lock even. Anyone who has better hands that Jackson.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's annoying people saying Burton isn't a 6... Just because he won a comp with penrtih there in a better system doesn't make it so.

Imagine how ordinary he'd be going at centre in the Dogs current structure.. everyone would be complaining that he's not playing 6
He hasn’t fired a shot at 6 this year. He was awful again yesterday. Fittler and Alexander have mentioned Burton in the origin centre discussion to replace Mitchell.
Burton should have bided his time at Penrith.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He hasn’t fired a shot at 6 this year. He was awful again yesterday. Fittler and Alexander have mentioned Burton in the origin centre discussion to replace Mitchell.
But anyone watching him in reserves knew he was a half. If he doesn't play centre in a well oiled premiership team then no nuffies would even be talking this shit, half a season doesn't undo years of development. That origin talk is just that, using that logic Wighton and Turbo should play centre at club level now.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But anyone watching him in reserves knew he was a half. If he doesn't play centre in a well oiled premiership team then no nuffies would even be talking this shit, half a season doesn't undo years of development. That origin talk is just that, using that logic Wighton and Turbo should play centre at club level now.
Have you been pleased with his form this year ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe Freddy should have bided his time at Penrith too and always stayed at centre seeing as he was so good there with them.. As a Roosters fan you should know better than anyone that people used to say Freddy was better at centre or lock and isn't a 5/8th. How'd that one work out?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Have you been pleased with his form this year ?
No, have I been pleased with anyones form in the side this year...

Compare Burtons stats to Roosters halves and compare each team's 17 and I'd be more concerned as to why Roosters halves stats are so low given the system they are in and they players at their disposal

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Freddy should have bided his time at Penrith too and always stayed at centre seeing as he was so good there with them.. As a Roosters fan you should know better than anyone that people used to say Freddy was better at centre or lock and isn't a 5/8th. How'd that one work out?
All I know is that Burton was a gun last year at centre & has been horrid at 6 this year. His highlights reel are his torpedo bombs. Rather than buy a whole bunch of forwards they should have gone all out for a top class six. Burton is not that. He is a centre and an outstanding one at that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All I know is that Burton was a gun last year at centre & has been horrid at 6 this year. His highlights reel are his torpedo bombs. Rather than buy a whole bunch of forwards they should have gone all out for a top class six. Burton is not that. He is a centre and an outstanding one at that.
He's a ball running half that played in the easiest centre spot in the league, of course he looked like a gun centre at Penrith. Any ball running half would look like a gun playing in that type of setup :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It could it have something to do with going from a great team to a horrible team.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It could it have something to do with going from a great team to a horrible team.
Its bad enough if you go to a lesser team, but a lesser team with a dud coach becomes mission impossible. Imagine what JAC, Burton and TPJ are thinking about our set up and coaching style..I am so sick of the constant fan wagon that keep supporting this dud without a skerick of proof to his success or improvment of anything or anyone at the club. I dare anyone to show me otherwise.

His greates claim to fame was attracting Burton and JAC, and they are starting to look like Tiger players. FMD

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe but he hasn’t had ONE try assist or made a line break this season. I think he’s been extremely disappointing. When you are playing centre there is more of a 1 on 1 opportunity and Burton can smoke you. At 6 he cant.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m just impressed we scored 16 points. With a couple close calls!!