OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What's the deal with Jake Turpin? Can't say I remember watching him play. Is he any good?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't blame him and I hope he kills it wherever he goes and puts the assistant on show.
Yep I would like to see him in the side but Ciro is a defensive coach and Skelton does let a few tries in.

I just thought that with our light forward pack it would help them to have a beast like that getting your sets off to a good start. I think he ran for over 300 metres last week in NSW Cup. Even bumped off the hotdog vendor on his way home for good measure.

He has been on the market since November 1 last year though so maybe other clubs are worried about his defence as well.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is such an interesting game because we have such a great record playing against Melbourne. Their spine is settled and ridiculously strong. The back lines are both ordinary and probably favours us. Their middles look slightly better than ours maybe we win the edge forward battle. It’s a closer game than most would like to admit.

If we put in a massive effort we could get an upset win. If we are still in this game with ten to go the whole team deserves praise.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Turpin 9, Mahoney 13 ?
I dunno what to expect
Turpin has played 13 at Roosters so who knows but hopefully SamHughes plays bigger minutes and Knight holds his own when he comes in. Excited to see how Hayward & Katoga go off the bench

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I checked this out.

On what players are listed as far as height and weight go, (didn't include hooker stats)

Our front row players are 0.567496kg per cm, Storm are 0.561691

Our total forward pack is 0.570366kg per cm, Storm are 0.564076

Based on listed lineups, so we're not actually a small forward pack. We rank 9th when it's just front row (props and lock), we rank 6th whole forward pack (excluding hooker), as far as weight is concerned.

We do have big bodies in actuality, Kikau, Hughes, Faumasili, Kautoga help boost our stats.

View attachment 106186
Interesting how last year's grand finalists are at the bottom.?
Apparently Hutcho to centre, Sexton halves.
Who is out?
Tracey?

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is such an interesting game because we have such a great record playing against Melbourne. Their spine is settled and ridiculously strong. The back lines are both ordinary and probably favours us. Their middles look slightly better than ours maybe we win the edge forward battle. It’s a closer game than most would like to admit.

If we put in a massive effort we could get an upset win. If we are still in this game with ten to go the whole team deserves praise.

Like many others I was feeling pretty confident until we lost King.

Despite that, I don't think Dogs will be intimidated.

They will have plenty of energy.

And the squad has been training to the same system since pre-season began so they should know their roles.

I'll be watching the two starting props in particular who will need to step up, defend well and make hit up hard to make good post contact metres.

Any side can beat any other in this comp if they have good discipline & don't make mistakes.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo must have a hard on for plodders. Turpin still in the mix would form a great plodder dummy half, half combination with Hutchinson

Status
Not open for further replies.