OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know why people think Hutchinson is such a great tackler, he is hopeless. Storm targeted him all game and that's where they got they're line breaks from his bad decision making and missed tackles. And the only talk he does is give Hughes a gobful when he throws him a hospital pass and wonders why he knocked it on.
Fair point.
Check table below. Seems his D has been deteriorating.
Last night was clearly his worst game defensively.
His front on Defence has been solid. Lateral movement is def an issue.
He still has most tackles of any back and only Burton has a better rate of tackles made /tackles missed.
Interesting to see what CC will do after the Bye round. Cassius Tia and Mitchell Woods will both be available soon.
CC does like his talk apparently.

Tackles
made
Tackles
missed
Ineffective
Tackles
Hutchison136276
Eels2421
Sharks2553
Titans2650
Rabbits2420
Roosters2462
Storm1370
TEAM
Taaffe1872
Wilson1563
Kiraz62134
Crichton55111
Fox820
Burton105157
Hutchison136276

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Chad is better than the current options, but its only paying for a less shitter option.

Gus knows what's he's doing. We'll carry on with what we've got and see what's what at the end of the season.

Think he's in love with Mitchell Woods and will throw him in start of next season.
Yes this is still a learning rebuild year as far as Gus abd Ciro are concerned.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Waddell still the same penalty machine error prone guy

bombed a try too

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We lost and made dumb decisions, of course I'm not completely happy. Critta @ FB in attack was idiotic. Burtons kicking game late game was terrible. Hutcho was Hutcho. Mahoney?? The fuck is Mahoney doing?
So negative!! Wtf - do you remember 2023???
We are IMPROVING!!!

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of people saying that Hutchinson is a certainty in this side till the end of time for his 'defence'. Hutchinson missed 7 tackles alone today. Did you see how he missed 2 tackles and literally tackling at air for the Papenhuyzen first try and then he just stood right next to Coates when he caught the ball 10cm from the sideline instead of putting his shoulder into him.

Unbelievable. And that's not even getting started at how he thinks he is Kalyn Ponga with his step inside ignoring Burton, Kikau and Fox.

But for some reason Ciraldo loves this guy who has no pedigree at halfback, the roosters didn't want him and he is our halfback for the rest of the year. Perham 2.0 all over again.View attachment 106300
Good to get the full picture

Tackles
made
Tackles
missed
Ineffective
Tackles
Hutchison136276
Eels2421
Sharks2553
Titans2650
Rabbits2420
Roosters2462
Storm1370
TEAM
Taaffe1872
Wilson1563
Kiraz62134
Crichton55111
Fox820
Burton105157
Hutchison136276

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bookies have knights as early favourites. I must be missing something

Britishdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes this is still a learning rebuild year as far as Gus abd Ciro are concerned.
Yeah. I think we're being daft by overreacting to the everything good or bad this season.

We're not gonna win the comp and we're not gonna be dogshit.

We've a few good pieces in place and all the sausages that want Burton in the centres will be proved wrong.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We're not gonna win the comp
This is decided in October. Absolutely no reason to write us off just yet.

We've gone toe-to-toe with Rorters & Storm (two genuine title chances) in April, why not Sept/Oct.

Anyways. Well ahead of ourselves. First job is to get moving and get ourselves a finals spot. The rest we can take care of in September.

It's 2024 remember ;)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bookies have knights as early favourites. I must be missing something
So over the betting and margins.

Looking at the odds before yesterday $1-11 Storm $6-75 Dogs and the game against Souths when Souths has been laying busted stinks to high heaven.

Britishdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is decided in October. Absolutely no reason to write us off just yet.

We've gone toe-to-toe with Rorters & Storm (two genuine title chances) in April, why not Sept/Oct.

Anyways. Well ahead of ourselves. First job is to get moving and get ourselves a finals spot. The rest we can take care of in September.

It's 2024 remember ;)
We've a chance of making the 8 and then see what happens from there.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taafe 7 and Tracey 1 would have won us the game today. I would have Skelton on the bench for impact instead of Patolo's stock 15 minutes cameos. I'm sure that Skelton wouldn't have missed 7 tackles.
Agreed
Skelton needs to be included somewhere, somehow!!

just btw - he has got a few missed tackles in him atm

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So over the betting and margins.

Looking at the odds before yesterday $1-11 Storm $6-75 Dogs and the game against Souths when Souths has been laying busted stinks to high heaven.
Good odds but if wanna back our boys

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah. I think we're being daft by overreacting to the everything good or bad this season.

We're not gonna win the comp and we're not gonna be dogshit.

We've a few good pieces in place and all the sausages that want Burton in the centres will be proved wrong.
Tbf he put that to bed with his performances. It was up to him to prove he is our 5/8. Cant blame fans for expecting more from him.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just read this: " Matt Burton hadn’t converted a left sideline conversion all season and he missed again"

Negative points mister Ciraldo. Wtf r u doing not finding an alternate kicker then? Those lost us the game in the end.
I don’t think so. Storm’s third try should never have been scored. Kautoga’s non existent defence the sole cause.

Britishdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tbf he put that to bed with his performances. It was up to him to prove he is our 5/8. Cant blame fans for expecting more from him.
Don't really mean the fans with Burton. More the media. They all talk about him being a fantastic centre and should be a centre because he played there for Penrith.

He has played in a dogshit doggies side so far and he's still had his moments of magic.

We just need to get the forwards the right and a 7 that he can bounce along with.