Round 6 line up - what the fans want

Round 6 line up changes

• To'Omaga and Olive deserve to be In the top 17?

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No changes

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Love how everyone is hating on Montoya. Was arguably our best player last season. Form hasn’t been great this year but I’d say aside from Mbye and Foran the rest of the team have been shit too
The ballboy was better than Montoya last season. At least he knew where to position himself. Everyone got excited because he caught a few good balls in our red zone when some of the others were dropping them. Has he EVER run for 100m in a game and don't forget that is the primary reason for having a winger on the field otherwise we might as well put tolman out there. Unless he can put a couple of yards of pace with acceleration to go with it then he won't be there for much longer. What we are missing is speed and acceleration. Wingers are lucky to make 3 tackles a game if they miss two of them its not the end of the world but if they don't score any points and help our pigs get out of the red zone then it is.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely, we need to shake it up and big time.

I see many have Fualalo in their squads... I don't think he offers anything to what a poor Klemmer and Woods already do, not needed. We need a serious shake up, now and not in 10 rounds time or towards the end

Not sure about wholesale changes. Although there could be a few players that can force there way through.
Pay should put some FG players on notice and create some competition for spots.
Some first graders need to take their finger out of their arse.
I've said it before there are a lot of players that look awesome in reggies but play average in first grade.

I think Nu Brown deserves an 80 min crack at FG. We really need to see what he's got. Has played 35 NRL games.
Seen him sniff out a few tries in ISP.

Montoya needs a rest in reggies and Olive needs to be given a shot in the outside backs.

Forwards is a hard one to get a gauge on.
First grade is another level up. Especially in the forwards.
Especially middle forwards. FG is much quicker, you need to be fittter in defence to continually get back on side, as any first grade attacking side will find you out in the middle third of the field.
When these reseve graders are making hit ups in ISP they are making yards at will, but FG is different, defences run up at you, are more physical and hit harder.
We are lacking depth in quality forwards, who are hungry with NRL experiance. We let go a lot of that last year and the year before.
Watching the Warriors forwards in the last couple of games, man they run hard and hit hard.
But we have Aaron Woods, bundys on, makes a couple of meters, makes a few offloads then bundys off....not good enough, need to show him a few videos of O'meley. Man I miss the Ogre!

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
Im staying out of this one boys, there is very little change with these sides as the one where using now. We just dont have the right cattle at the minute so is very hard to pick an improving side. Montoya and holland need to go and maybe someone go to that coffee shop yez were talking about where woods goes on game day and put a bit of something in that coffee

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
I did notice alot have hoppa on wing, hes safe and carts ball up well, but is slow i not sure where hoppa fits in, i reckon hes been going ok, has taken a little bit to get his defence after a couple of seasons at fullback but looks to be getting better at centre every week. Hes at least improved unlike quite a few of them.

cazman

Waterboy
Reaction score
I did notice alot have hoppa on wing, hes safe and carts ball up well, but is slow i not sure where hoppa fits in, i reckon hes been going ok, has taken a little bit to get his defence after a couple of seasons at fullback but looks to be getting better at centre every week. Hes at least improved unlike quite a few of them.
Montoya has to go. His leaked the most tries and is always out of position.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
with how soft our pack is, hoppa's work running the ball back from our own end is a must. personally, i would be happy with either at wing on centre, happy for it to be based on who else is playing on that side

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely, we need to shake it up and big time.

I see many have Fualalo in their squads... I don't think he offers anything to what a poor Klemmer and Woods already do, not needed. We need a serious shake up, now and not in 10 rounds time or towards the end
Agree, sometimes you need to be courageous and make tough decisions and live with them. If I’m Pay, I’m using my “get out of jail” card for the year and shaking it up this week off the back of a really poor performance against the Raiders. We really should have been in a position to win that game with all the Injuries they had and opportunities thrown our way.

Looking at today’s list announcement, nothing to get too excited about.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since we have a tight defense,Montoya is forced to field further in and has a lot of real estate to cover to the sideline.
To compound his problem,the 3 defenders on his inside Hoppa,Foran and JJ slide as they wait and hold, in contrast to the left side who slide and rush up.
When defending inside our 20m Montoya is being caught in two minds.Uncertain whether to guard the outside and let the sliding defense reach him,or drop back for the kick and hope the defense slides enough to cover his position.
Our problem starts in the middle.The sliding defense is not reaching JJ fast enough,this slows JJ's slide,which in turn slows the other 3 outside him.Tolman fixed this problem by improving the middle sliding defense to JJ (a job he does well,that most people fail to see).Against Raiders Pay entrusted Elliott with this task and although he was successful in maintaining a drilled slide to the right his poor ability to defend both sides of the ruck exposed our left side and middle instead.
Pay changed this a little bit against Souths and Raiders when defending on the 30m line.Hoppa and Foran slide independently of JJ whilst Montoya rushes the 1st receiver from 3rd man in.
Until our middle defends to a drilled sliding structure,we will continue to have problems when defending inside our quarter.Our outside backs will get overlapped,harassed by fullbacks or caught out of position for the kick (Sezer exposed this to perfection).
Give that man a beer,spot on

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, sometimes you need to be courageous and make tough decisions and live with them. If I’m Pay, I’m using my “get out of jail” card for the year and shaking it up this week off the back of a really poor performance against the Raiders. We really should have been in a position to win that game with all the Injuries they had and opportunities thrown our way.

Looking at today’s list announcement, nothing to get too excited about.
It's exactly the same!! [emoji19]

Status
Not open for further replies.