Round 6 line up - what the fans want

Round 6 line up changes

• To'Omaga and Olive deserve to be In the top 17?

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No changes

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Montoya was doing fine last season yet now all of a sudden he isn't NRL standard and his form has massively dropped off. Hmm i wonder why? Our roster isn't that bad, we certainly shouldn't be playing this bad.

So what if i'm over critical? Like i said Pay came in and talked shit saying we were going to do this and that yet the bloke hasn't delivered a thing and looks completely clueless.
Since we have a tight defense,Montoya is forced to field further in and has a lot of real estate to cover to the sideline.
To compound his problem,the 3 defenders on his inside Hoppa,Foran and JJ slide as they wait and hold, in contrast to the left side who slide and rush up.
When defending inside our 20m Montoya is being caught in two minds.Uncertain whether to guard the outside and let the sliding defense reach him,or drop back for the kick and hope the defense slides enough to cover his position.
Our problem starts in the middle.The sliding defense is not reaching JJ fast enough,this slows JJ's slide,which in turn slows the other 3 outside him.Tolman fixed this problem by improving the middle sliding defense to JJ (a job he does well,that most people fail to see).Against Raiders Pay entrusted Elliott with this task and although he was successful in maintaining a drilled slide to the right his poor ability to defend both sides of the ruck exposed our left side and middle instead.
Pay changed this a little bit against Souths and Raiders when defending on the 30m line.Hoppa and Foran slide independently of JJ whilst Montoya rushes the 1st receiver from 3rd man in.
Until our middle defends to a drilled sliding structure,we will continue to have problems when defending inside our quarter.Our outside backs will get overlapped,harassed by fullbacks or caught out of position for the kick (Sezer exposed this to perfection).

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Mbye
2.Bmoz
3.Jmoz
4.Hoppa
5.Bergamin
6.JMK
7.Foz
8.Woods
9.Lichaa
10.Klem
11.RFM
12.Martin
13.Jackson (if suspended Eastwood)
14.Lewis
15.Tualau
16.Toomaga
17.Eastwood (Fualolo) (Fine)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Round 6 team with no Jackson.

1. Mybe
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hopoate
5. Holland
6. Frawley
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Fine
12. RFM
13. Eastwood

14. JMK
15. Faulalo
16. Taulau
17. Martin

Elliott & Montoya out.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody had a problem with him last season. And i never said we were a top 4 team, i got smashed all off season because i was saying we wouldn't be anywhere close to the top teams, but we certainly should be in the pack challenging for that final 2 spots in the 8.

People need to stop acting like we have the worst roster in the comp, because we don't. Almost our entire roster has fone backwards under Pay and i'll blame him until he shows something.
Exactly this roster excuse is bullshit. Our roster may not be the best but it isnt that bad. Other teams will kill for our roster. 3 current SOO fowards. Name another team that has that?. Superstar hb in Foran. Mbye killing it at the back. Our roster is good enough to challenge for the 8 easily. It seems Pay has no idea.

The only thing our roster is lacking is a gun 5/8 thats it nothing else. We get a gun 5/8 and we have a top roster that can challenge for the title. Our biggest issue at the moment seems to be Dean Pay not the roster. Our starting pack of Klemmer Woods Tolman Jackson and RFM Is a good one. Tolman has started 2 games this year and both games he started we were way on top. I think people are underestimating his loss. With a gun 5/8 and if Tolman and Mbye didnt get injured we would have put both souths and panthers too the sword. Buy a gun 5/8 get Tolman back from injury and we will be fine.

Last weeks bench did well. Holland Eastwood Fine and Faulolo is a decent bench.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay has fucked our defense we conceded the most points this year. And im pretty sure we are also conceding the most run metres. Losing Tolman and Graham hasnt helped our def but Pay has totally fucked it. We need Tolman back ASAP.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
01. Moses Mbye
02. Brett Morris
03. John Olive
04. Josh Morris
05. Will Hopoate
06. Josh Cleeland
07. Kieran Foran (c)
08. Danny Fualalo
09. Micheal Lichaa
10. David Klemmer
11. Rhyse Martin (k)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Aaron Woods
15. Renouf Toomaga
16. Jayden Okunbor
17. Fa'amanu Brown
Danny F is useless

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Montoya was doing fine last season yet now all of a sudden he isn't NRL standard and his form has massively dropped off. Hmm i wonder why? Our roster isn't that bad, we certainly shouldn't be playing this bad.

So what if i'm over critical? Like i said Pay came in and talked shit saying we were going to do this and that yet the bloke hasn't delivered a thing and looks completely clueless.
Pay doesn't drop the ball. He doesn't give away the penalties. He doesn't miss the tackles. Looking good on paper doesn't make you a good team. Pay needs to build his own roster. The board needs to clear the books and allow him to buy some key players. If that happens and he fails then go for it. You are such a negative person. Support your team through the tough times. We will be bottom of the table this year.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Montoya has always been llazy and doesn't learn from his mistakes. That's his fault not Pay's.

No coach can make the top 4 with this roster. You are living in a fantasy world if you think we have a good roster.
Well said.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nobody had a problem with him last season. And i never said we were a top 4 team, i got smashed all off season because i was saying we wouldn't be anywhere close to the top teams, but we certainly should be in the pack challenging for that final 2 spots in the 8.

People need to stop acting like we have the worst roster in the comp, because we don't. Almost our entire roster has fone backwards under Pay and i'll blame him until he shows something.
Fuck me you're right. They did so well under Hasler.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me you're right. They did so well under Hasler.
Dude get real. This roster is a top 8 roster, des persisted with his garbage. Pay seems to be the same.

Our team isn’t the best but I do not think we are meant to be bottom feeders. Just use your eyes and look at our 1,6,7,9.

Our 6 sucks but that’s about it

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can you guys actually slam dean pay?

He has tried things that Hasler never did!
Dropped players that are not performing!
Playing more expansive!

Don’t read the media bullshit dogs of war crap!! Do you think he actually wants to talk like that? That only puts pressure on himself...and I think he was just saying what the fans wanted to hear..

Give the bloke a chance and when I say chance I mean judge him halfway through next year...

I’ve never liked pay since the day he walked out on us in 1995 BUT we have him now but for fkuks sake as if you guys are bad mouthing him already

That’s the funniest thing..

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude get real. This roster is a top 8 roster, des persisted with his garbage. Pay seems to be the same.

Our team isn’t the best but I do not think we are meant to be bottom feeders. Just use your eyes and look at our 1,6,7,9.

I think if you compared our 1,6,7,9 with every other teams 1,6,7,9 we would definitely be in the bottom few.. i really cant think of too many teams that i wouldn't be over the moon to exchange spines with.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

The spine has potential but it would still be very low compared to the rest of the comp.

Mbye has shown some really good signs however he still has a few things to work out like injecting himself into plays and backing up and that's not a criticism its to be expected when hes only had a few games at fullback.

Five eighth is a massive issue JMK does't get involved enough and Frawley is a reserve grader.

Foran is the pack horse and not getting no where near enough support.

Lichaa would be middle of the pack when compared to other hookers.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
let's be honest... Cowboys, Roosters, Panthers, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Tigers.... Whatever team we choose, unless we harden up, we'll be 3/12 if we are lucky... I even think our current pack will struggle to get the two points in round 13 V the bye.

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Some positional changes... thoughts...

1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett Morris
3. Will Hopoate
4. Josh Morris
5. Reimis Smith
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Kieran Foran
8. Aaron Woods
9. Michael Lichaa
10. David Klemmer
11. Josh Jackson (C)
12. Rhyse Martin ( Goal Kicker )
13. Raymond Faitala Mariner

14. Adam Elliot
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Jayden Okunbur
17. Jeremy Marshall King

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like the sound of that

Montoya needs to be dropped for a couple of weeks. He hasn’t been impressive lately mainly because of his defensive positional plays.

I’d like to see Cleveland have a go at 5/8. JMK has been ok so far but not overly impressive in that position.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Backrow heavy bench... me no like... don't need to interchange backrowers much these days. Ideal bench 2 front rowers, 1 backrower, utility

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly..

Do whatever it takes an what’s best for the team
To get wins and or better results.
As long as we start seeing improvements and
More effort an progression, then i think we as
Fans will be a lot happier.
Simple!