Official Round 6 Bulldog V Sutton & Rabbitoh

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after showing gritt and determination of playing through adversity and getting a grinding win against the cows then to put in that absolutely disgusting performance yesterday shows that even with all those injuries we still have a long way to go.

As ciraldo said, it's not why we lost by 34 as the fundamentals weren't there and not sticking to the game plan.

It's not the bulldog way and everyone needs to be better and be held accountable
I think Ciraldo was to tough on the players, and injury riddled team with only 2 genuine 1st grade forwards who should have had at least a week off. not to mention the short turn around and the "bloody" ref. didn't want to use the more approate "word" due to it been the Easter.period

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our attack has been off, especially inside the oppositions 20 m zone. We only scored three tries and one was In the first 4 minutes from our own 20 m line where we caught Souths short, another from a kick and the third from an intercept.

Most of our tries were against the run of play. I agree that our spine is weaker than the top teams. When you compare Mahoney, Flanagan. Burton, RFM and Pernam against Cook, Ilias, Walker, Murray and Mitchell it’s no contest.
THats why we need a half decent HALF

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What was the deal with Ryan Sutton yesterday. Donned the head gear played fuck all minutes and was largely ineffective
I think he got dragged after his bad read when Cook put Murray over

I think I saw he only played 24 min

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was the deal with Ryan Sutton yesterday. Donned the head gear played fuck all minutes and was largely ineffective
I think he’s ineffective most of the time. Later in the year when we have Thommo, king, TPJ, Pele as locked in to the 17, he might even drop off to someone like Hughes who has much more potential

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone think maybe Burto cops so much shit because he has a shit half next to him who offers fuck all and he has the whole attack on his shoulders? Give the **** a break. You were all sucking him off last week.
Nope Flanagan has absolutely nothing to do with Burton's terrible defensive effort.

Burtons attack is limited, but his biggest fans always centre their arguments about his attack suffers due to Flanagan somehow which is absolutely baffling.

My feeling of the situation is that Burton is a very reactive player and cannot pre empt or organise plays, this problem is evident in his defence as he can't count numbers and always moves up and looks to slide rather than picking his man.

I like Burton and want him to succeed, but he will never be worth what he's being paid until he can learn to make his tackles. No point in scoring 2 tries if you are going to let 3+ in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he’s ineffective most of the time. Later in the year when we have Thommo, king, TPJ, Pele as locked in to the 17, he might even drop off to someone like Hughes who has much more potential
I never liked his signing but when we're fully fit he will just play his workman like role. Decent defender but really doesn't offer much outside of that..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nope Flanagan has absolutely nothing to do with Burton's terrible defensive effort.

Burtons attack is limited, but his biggest fans always centre their arguments about his attack suffers due to Flanagan somehow which is absolutely baffling.

My feeling of the situation is that Burton is a very reactive player and cannot pre empt or organise plays, this problem is evident in his defence as he can't count numbers and always moves up and looks to slide rather than picking his man.

I like Burton and want him to succeed, but he will never be worth what he's being paid until he can learn to make his tackles. No point in scoring 2 tries if you are going to let 3+ in.
Burton has been bailed out by JAC so much this season. For whatever reason Burton seems to defend better at centre than he does at 5/8 lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is absolutely the case in my view…. most clubs drop flannagan by this point, he’s placing way too much pressure on multiple players and positions by his lack of ability to create in attack or execute a good kicking game or even the most basic skill for a half, digging into the line to draw and pass. I am going to predict that a 34pt flogging may be the excuse they’re looking for to drop Flange.

leadership needed to make a call and not give a fu<k about dropping the “protected species” - Time for KO to put on his big boy pants and showcase his ability….. Bennett’s Dolphins who continue to defy the odds are doing so with an 18yo novice - that’s called having some balls and trust, that’s why Wayne’s the GOAT.
Ciro wont change the team (apart from the returning injured players).