Official Round 6 Bulldog V Sutton & Rabbitoh

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nope Flanagan has absolutely nothing to do with Burton's terrible defensive effort.

Burtons attack is limited, but his biggest fans always centre their arguments about his attack suffers due to Flanagan somehow which is absolutely baffling.

My feeling of the situation is that Burton is a very reactive player and cannot pre empt or organise plays, this problem is evident in his defence as he can't count numbers and always moves up and looks to slide rather than picking his man.

I like Burton and want him to succeed, but he will never be worth what he's being paid until he can learn to make his tackles. No point in scoring 2 tries if you are going to let 3+ in.
Burton made 22 tackles this week and only missed 2..Keon is a beast that's a handful for any Half/2RF/Centre to defend. Burton's defence has been an issue this season and the 2nd half of last year but this week he wasn't a liability defensively.

That whole side was doomed defensively after Fox was injured because we had a bench 2RF defending in the centres and Alamoti on the wing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton made 22 tackles this week and only missed 2..Keon is a beast that's a handful for any Half/2RF/Centre to defend. Burton's defence has been an issue this season and the 2nd half of last year but this week he wasn't a liability defensively.

That whole side was doomed defensively after Fox was injured because we had a bench 2RF defending in the centres and Alamoti on the wing.
The missed tackle stat doesn't tell the whole picture. He tentative nature in defence always created many overlaps. If you didn't see it go back and watch it, if then you still don't see it then I don't know what to tell you.
I agree the edge was doomed once Fox went off. But Burton is captain and being paid handsomely, he should have set the tone in line speed and effort tbh.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The missed tackle stat doesn't tell the whole picture. He tentative nature in defence always created many overlaps. If you didn't see it go back and watch it, if then you still don't see it then I don't know what to tell you
I know missed tackles don't tell the whole story but I was at the game and he went in on Keon plenty of times. We had massive overlaps there because Topine and Alamoti were out of their element defending in roles that they weren't accustomed to. It got even worse when Preston was binned. Souths were ruthless in targeting that side and had a field day.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have this feeling we will re sign flanno on a one year deal or we have found someone and just haven’t announced yet to cover until Karl is ready. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Maloney would be in contention to help get Karl setup

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I was over there with my wife and daughter - so a big no! LOL
Lol sorry I was watching a documentary on Netflix regarding Australian human trafficking at the time.
They had undercover investigators going to visit these fine ladies and when they would answer the door with a "sucky fucky"? I almost spit out my coffee :tearsofjoy: