OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll get to watch again this week. Not sure yet if I'm glad or not. But a couple of things I'm happy with.

First is Sam Hughes starting. I generally like to see younger players eased in. But I'd also like to see how he copes with the added responsibility of starting even if he has a few stints rather than a longer one. Hopefully the hype from staff and players was right and he gets to live up to it with more game time. Crossing my fingers he has a game that leaves him with plenty of confidence.

Second is Wilson being back. He's a quality player and it's always nice to have picked someone out of relative obscurity and see them flourish. I think he jumped from the Noosa Pirates to our reserve grade squad and within a year had debuted in the NRL. At any stage over the last 6-8 years the coaches would've asked him which wing he wanted to play on. Unfortunately now he's got some great competition and is going to have to absolutely kill it on game day whenever he gets an NRL start to retain a spot.

I'm a bit nervous about this game. But I hope they've taken something out of every game to build confidence with. I think we'll produce some very good football at times this year, but I just can't for the life of me guess which weeks they'll be :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope im wrong but could be a real tough 2 weeks this, roosters pack much bigger than ours, unless we turn up, could be a blow out.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Edwards is in the team because he earned a spot on the bench as he had an outstanding pre-season. He only missed out because he got injured just before trials. He is now at peak fitness and a spot has opened up on the bench, a chance to reclaim his spot he lost to Morrin/Salmon.
Hope he keeps Salmon out once Preston returns.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck me dead, there are so many fucking prima donnas on here.
I was going to post that for a fanbase that loves their club so much, we show it in an unusual way

I hate losing, but I reckon we've come a long way this season and barring a really shitty draw, we would be having very different conversations about the very same team. Because they would have won 3 or 4 against the lesser teams. We should have beaten those grubs last week and on a different day, we very well might.

I get we hate our halves and our lack of middles. But that's what we've got. It's become conversational. Sack Gus, sack Ciraldo, sack the halves, sack some of the utilities, just sack people, make heaps of changes and we'll win. No we won't. There are no prime middles to buy, no superstar halves.

What we do have are some brilliant juniors and a team that's building slower than anyone likes. I was screaming my head off last week with how many opportunities we bombed. I'll steer cheer for the boys on Friday. We'll getting better at finishing plays and surprise people when we do.

I'm glad we didn't pay $1.4M for moses. He is flattered by his team.

We can't be the club we were by putting superstar players first. Club, team, individual is the Bulldogs way. We were successful with sides full of blokes that understood that and wanted to be part of it. Keep moneybois like moses away from my club please

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta get that water tight defence back, three man tackles for 80, lateral shift on the wings needs to be up.
In attack points from kicks, get the wingers kicking back in for the chase.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was going to post that for a fanbase that loves their club so much, we show it in an unusual way

I hate losing, but I reckon we've come a long way this season and barring a really shitty draw, we would be having very different conversations about the very same team. Because they would have won 3 or 4 against the lesser teams. We should have beaten those grubs last week and on a different day, we very well might.

I get we hate our halves and our lack of middles. But that's what we've got. It's become conversational. Sack Gus, sack Ciraldo, sack the halves, sack some of the utilities, just sack people, make heaps of changes and we'll win. No we won't. There are no prime middles to buy, no superstar halves.

What we do have are some brilliant juniors and a team that's building slower than anyone likes. I was screaming my head off last week with how many opportunities we bombed. I'll steer cheer for the boys on Friday. We'll getting better at finishing plays and surprise people when we do.

I'm glad we didn't pay $1.4M for moses. He is flattered by his team.

We can't be the club we were by putting superstar players first. Club, team, individual is the Bulldogs way. We were successful with sides full of blokes that understood that and wanted to be part of it. Keep moneybois like moses away from my club please
As I said, the team needs to get its fingers out of there asses and perform. That's all they need to do. Do that, and they win. It's that's simple.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Only way I see us winning is if Kitone comes on and has a blinder offloading for fun. He needs to come on in the middle as well, he can often be a bit quiet on an edge.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As long as it isn’t 40+ I’ll take it as a win.
So long as it doesn't put Dogs F/A (currently -9) behind Souths (currently -60) I will be happy. Keep in mind that Souths might also win this weekend, although I doubt it.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think The Rorters plan will be simple … their big boys to come at us one after the other down the middle and bully us …. they’ll have been told to offload late, and spread it to their backs ..

Hopefully the boys learnt a lot from playing Parra & Sharks bigger squads … hut as a pack, 2 up top, one around the legs and more emphasis on wrapping up the ball, kick early, chase in a straight line, and keep turning them around ..

I really like the way they shared the kicking duties against the Titans, it kept them guessing, they need to do more of that..

If we’re any chance of winning, Burtons kicking game will need to be 100%, they’ll need to complete @ over 90%, spread the ball and really move the Rorters around .. this game they have to back themselves and play a more expansive game ..

Something to note … JWH, May and Co. will target Mahoney, Taaffe and bully the smaller blokes, plus they‘ll fancy their kicking game especially to the corners with their taller wingers .. they need to be aware of that and protect the smaller blokes and put a lot of pressure on the kickers ..

Rorters might be a team of champions, but as the Panthers just proved, they’re not a champion team, little can beat big, when little is smart .. Doggies by 2 ..

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Atkins has the whistle. Todd Smith in the bunker.

The Golden Boy is doing Dolphins v Tigers.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think The Rorters plan will be simple … their big boys to come at us one after the other down the middle and bully us …. they’ll have been told to offload late, and spread it to their backs ..

Hopefully the boys learnt a lot from playing Parra & Sharks bigger squads … hut as a pack, 2 up top, one around the legs and more emphasis on wrapping up the ball, kick early, chase in a straight line, and keep turning them around ..
would like to see an attack that exploits the holes that bigger slower players leave in the defensive line. For that more back up runners are needed as well as more passing

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I got around to watching a full replay of the Souffs game (usually watch a replay win or lose removing all the emotion of watching it live cos I find stuff I missed first watch)

Overall impressed how quick the boys have come together defensively despite the amount of new players and also impressed with our fitness.

As usual Sutton found ways to keep us from winning (too many to name)
Souffs completed at 98% and despite everything going against us we only lost by 4.

last time we played chooks they beat us by 1
I expect they win but wouldn’t be surprised on the week we commemorate 2004 we get the dub.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not much of a demotion. But thank God he is not 'doing' us again.
Don’t worry mate, we’ll see him again at some stage this season. Probably in a game away from Sydney where only a small percentage of the crowd are Bulldogs fans.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The forecast for Friday is heavy rain which will bring the Bulldogs right in this match
The Roosters on paper have a far superior side but a heavy track could turn it into a lottery

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don’t worry mate, we’ll see him again at some stage this season. Probably in a game away from Sydney where only a small percentage of the crowd are Bulldogs fans.
He will be used in games that we are a 50/50 chance or better, to get the betting result needed.

We don't need help losing against the Roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.