OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Blake Wilson 3. Jacob Kiraz 4.Stephen Crichton 5. Connor Tracey 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Samuel Hughes 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Josh Curran 13. Jaeman Salmon 14. Kurt Mann 15.Harrison Edwards 16. Liam Knight 17. Kitione Kautoga 19. Bronson Xerri 20. Toby Sexton 21.Bailey Hayward 22. Chris Patolo 23. Poasa Faamausili

Injury ward: Jacob Preston (jaw, R11), Josh Addo-Carr (concussion, TBC), Karl Oloapu & Ryan Sutton (indefinite), Kurtis Morrin (suspended, TBC)
Changes from last week: Tue 4pm
Squad update 24H: Thu 6pm
Late mail: Fri 5pm

Sydney Roosters

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 4. Joseph Manu 5. Dominic Young 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Nat Butcher 12. Angus Crichton 13. Victor Radley 14. Connor Watson 15. Naufahu Whyte 16.Sitili Tupouniua 17. Terrell May 18. Michael Jennings 19. Egan Butcher 20. Fetalaiga Pauga 21. Zach Dockar-Clay 22. Siua Wong

Injury ward: Spencer Leniu (suspended, R10), Lindsay Collins (hamstring) Billy Smith (ankle) and Sandon Smith (elbow) all TBC
Changes from last week: Tue 4pm
Squad update 24H: Thu 6pm
Late mail: Fri 5pm

Officials not yet announced.
Another loss guaranteed put your house on it, 30 to nil by halftime!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t want to see Ciro looking crestfallen in the post match presser again and complaining about lack of execution when he literally selects the same spine with Hutchinson the shot caller

someone explain to him the definition of insanity!!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na he will have till rd 10 2026 min. Rd 10 next year worse case scenario if we get the spoon this year and only 1 or 2 More wins.
I can't see Gus giving CC until next season if we are tethered to the bottom of the table if that's the case then supporters will be calling for Gus's head also.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Penrith won by being camped on the roosters try line all game but getting 200m plus from their back 5. If we want to do that we need a back 5 or Tracy, Kiraz, xerri, Critta , Skelton. Then we will have a team that can actually play the Penrith style. Sick of playing panther ball with a team not suited to that style.
Strongly agree.
We need a team to match our game plan.
That said, I thought last weeks game was the best I’ve seen them play in years.
Problem is, we did not win, and is yet to be seen whether that attitude and effort can be sustained.
We play with that attitude and effort every week we will win more games than we lose, regardless of who is in the team.
My gut feeling is we will go back to the team that does not give a fuck sooner rather than later.
It is easier to defend, tries, then create tries which makes me believe it is hard for CC to pick Sexton Xerri and Skeleton.
That said I would like to see Burton move to fullback, Blake Taaffe move to halfback and Hutchinson move to five eight.
Skelton to replace Wilson on the wing.
We are one from four, I think most people believe we will be one from seven (me included). It’s pretty fucked.
I suspect Burton has a clause in his contract to play five eight so he won’t be moved.
That said if the boys believe in the process of CC and play like they did last week every single week for every single minute we will be top eight.
One thing is for sure I’m sick and fucking tired of our season being over by Easter.
Pretty sure with Zac Lomax leaving the dragons Bronson Xerri will end up at the dragons playing under his former coach Shane Flannigan, so why play him at the dogs?
Will be interested in seeing what the process is like this weekend!!!!!!!
Hoping for the best this weekend go the dogs!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will probably be in it for the first 10-15 mins.

Don't forget they are coming off an "embarrassing" loss so would want to take out their anger on us.

Then you have the incompetent/corrupt ref's...
Losing to Penrith is embarrassing?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Hughes starting feels like a Gus call saying if he is ready he is ready.. Stop fucking around.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hughes starting feels like a Gus call saying if he is ready he is ready.. Stop fucking around.
I don’t mind Hughes starting cos he’s been underwhelming off the bench so maybe starting will get him going from the opening whistle

he also has a bigger engine than Knight…
Curran on the right edge we lose nothing there straight swap with Preston

not sure about Edwards on the bench much rather Faamausili or Patolo

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t mind Hughes starting cos he’s been underwhelming off the bench so maybe starting will get him going from the opening whistle

he also has a bigger engine than Knight…
Curran on the right edge we lose nothing there straight swap with Preston

not sure about Edwards on the bench much rather Faamausili or Patolo
Or just give Xerri an interchange spot to cover outside backs seeing last week some players got fk all mins anyway despite being down to 16 players

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Or just give Xerri an interchange spot to cover outside backs seeing last week some players got fk all mins anyway despite being down to 16 players
They think he is suspect in defense otherwise agree

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The think he is suspect in defense otherwise agree
True , I was just thinking Ciro rotations have been shit and maybe we need to carry an outside back to help if we have another Fox situation which has happened twice now !

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Losing Preston has exposed a serious lack of forward depth.
This will be the biggest test so far of Gus's 'cultural change'.
How do you figure?? We finally have a bunch of good options to step up. We have quality in Wilson to step up for JAC, Curran to start in Preston's place, and still have Mann and Edwards on our bench, with Kitione to step up and make his debut.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
True , I was just thinking Ciro rotations have been shit and maybe we need to carry an outside back to help if we have another Fox situation which has happened twice now !
Unfortunately the ref fucked us over by not putting Mitchell on report otherwise we could have used Wilson as the 18th man.
There is no point putting a player on the field if they cannot tackle unless their name is Ben Barba.
Rather play with 14, if someone is leaking tries we will all give up.
CCs rotations are fucked he is still learning.
Let’s see what the process is like this weekend.
Go dogs!!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant this halves pairing setup any points?..

Status
Not open for further replies.