Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was pretty cut at the time we signed him as we didn't need back rowers... If Barrett was going to sign any back rower he coached he should have got Billy Burns
I don't think he should be in the 17 now I've seen what Topine can do. Doorey and Topine need to be both in the 17 next week.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think he should be in the 17 now I've seen what Topine can do. Doorey and Topine need to be both in the 17 next week.
Yep for sure. Forget about top 30, both boys should have been top 17 players from the start.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to get used to it. Waddell is a baz favourite and one of the first players picked by baz each week.
He is a favorite, but you realize the moment RFM was fit Waddell was dropped to the bench.

Hes only starting because RFM got injured. He still should be dropped though.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didn't Meaney stay down?
Why must a (dogs) player stay down to get a penalty? He pings us for missing but let’s Souffs get away with connecting?

And touchie was closer, must’ve been in on the refs multi...

Reactions: GDR

Mrbulldogs89

Waterboy
Reaction score
Serious question
Can addo carr or burton pull out of there contract for next year? Hope not we desperately need them!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fully understand that people are frustrated at the moment including myself but what gave me a bit of a kick yesterday was seeing just how many faithful supporters we still have turning up on game day.
Which steadily grew throughout the afternoon,by kick off we were the dominant
Keep the faith people just like those who attend

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are in real strife and there is no easy fix. The fact that we start a game well and at least look like we are competing for the first twenty is promising but we are playing also with no luck and that can grind a side down. We don't get the 50/50 calls at all and that is frustrating. When your form is so bad and you just can't get over the line and the other side is sailing along nicely it seems that you don't ever get any favourable calls. I was not so upset that we lost the game yesterday, because I never believed we had a chance to win it anyway, but the fact that for the third week in a row we did not score a point...well that is what upsets me.

We get penalised six again regardless of what we do..other sides can push the envelope and stand offside and infringe in the play the ball and not get penalised simply because they look like they are doing things faster and are not drawing attention to themselves. We rarely ever fight in tackles and if we do like yesterday on a few occasions were told we were milking it......Oh and when we did start to get the six again game was gone....

Can anyone explain to me how a player who is going backwards towards the line practically sitting/lying down like Cameron Murray was yesterday, would not end up in the position that he did where we were then penalised for a 'crusher tackle?" Our player penalised and on report, a free interchange and a no worry return to the game for the player who was tackled? What is our defence expected to do...not touch him or tackle him and allow him to score under the posts?

It is going to be a long year and we can only start to fix it by completing a clean out of the dead wood at season end. I am pretty sure that most of those off contract will be shown the door and I reckon they know it too, so extracting a good effort from some of them might be next to impossible..( Napa being one of them).

The referee yesterday looked clueless in a lot of things and did not get support from his touchies either. The Good Friday game needs a strong referee simply because of the history of the game and I thought the one we had was not suitable. Souths knew they could chuck the rubbish in and they did it well, pretty much without penalty....

I was numb at the end of the game and could not even get angry such was the depressing nature of the contest.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Beside the obvious, this also illustrates how deep our line is... Gees no wonder we don't score...
What is the matter with deep lines? The problem is when ****** dont run on to the ball which is the problem.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the matter with deep lines? The problem is when ****** dont run on to the ball which is the problem.
Clearly nothing.. because we've scored so many points... Lol...

Flat and fast.. that is the era we are in.. the deep line is telegraphing our intended target.. it also allows the defensive line plenty of time to slide and come in..

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clearly nothing.. because we've scored so many points... Lol...

Flat and fast.. that is the era we are in.. the deep line is telegraphing our intended target.. it also allows the defensive line plenty of time to slide and come in..
LOL sorry bro but thats some funny shit. They are 10 metres out running shift plays not making ground through the middle of the field....

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You cannot blame Barrett for siging Wadell... He didnt know what Doorey and Topine were capable of and went and bought a toiler on a minimum wage who had NRL experience. Wasnt necessarily a bad move considering he is a good fill in when needed.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL sorry bro but thats some funny shit. They are 10 metres out running shift plays not making ground through the middle of the field....
Go and watch the in form teams

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Go and watch the in form teams

Different Kettle of fish bro... you cannot compare those teams to ours. You can play flat and fast as much as you want but if your forward pack aint bending lines and getting you fast play the balls consistently you are going to struggle with any game plan... We need a front row or were going to stay fcuked.

It also doesnt help when you have a rookie half leading the squad.