OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I enjoyed watching that, but the little voice in my head is saying the competition he was playing against wasn't NRL standard, so it makes him look a little better
that's true but you can see the fundamentals are there.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safe bet.

I understand your point though in the backup department. We seem to have plenty of options for players to shift or can recruit.

At the of the day I personally think its a solid plan.
not saying you are wrong I just don’t believe juniors and “hope”. You may be right and he might be A grade, but Karl was meant to be the same, Suali was meant to be that for the roosters (he’s been solid nothing more).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
not saying you are wrong I just don’t believe juniors and “hope”. You may be right and he might be A grade, but Karl was meant to be the same, Suali was meant to be that for the roosters (he’s been solid nothing more).
Nobody is right and wrong in this as we are talking about something that hasn't happened yet.

Your examples, Karl debuted at 18 and Joseph the same and is only 20 years old.... Both have already shown they are more than capable at the tender young age.

Joash is being nurtured, he has the talent and the attitude to succeed... Its just one of those things, when you see, you just know it.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Knight does well this weekend, Faamausili might take Morrin's bench spot for Souths.
Wouldn't hurt to beef up the bench for Roosters and Storm.
If Tracey plays well enough to keep a spot when Fox returns, it might be at the expense of Taaffe rather than Wilson.
Who remembers Gary Dowling being selected on the wing for NSW with Graeme Langlands at fullback?
Still angry about the injustice.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's got potential, and some offensive footy IQ, just the first run you see him switch ball carrying arm to the right to free his left arm for the incoming defender to fend off. Stuff like this, are those little basic 1% that players need to get right.
Yup seems to be a good kid just 3 small blokes across the back 3 seems to hurt us.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm certain skumbag hasler is planing a ambush, and if he succeeds it will prove to me that C.C. is either not up to it, or has a lot to learn.
REASONS;
Following a bad loss teams usually bounce back, and the Titans did suffer a very bad loss, I believe the reason why this happens is because the coach/players are preparing for next weeks game, if the punters haven't seen this happen regularly they should give up betting.
Des obviously hated our club even before he signed to coach us, after been sacked he would hate us a lot more, so he will do anything to beat us at our home.
For God's sake Cameron get the team ready for this game.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton is a centre, no he's a fullback... Taaffe is a fullback, no he's reserve grader...Kiraz is a centre, no he's a winger or he plays reserve grade... Sexton is better than Hutch, no Sexton can't tackle.... Tracey is a fullback, no he's a centre...Burton is a 5/8th, no he's a centre...Curren should be starting lock, no Salmon should......hahahahahaha...we got major issues!!
Your having a lot of fun bro, BTW I do to.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, but one step at a time, lets get FB right first. I think this is a big game for Taafe, if he does badly could/should be gone. Then lets worry about HB and how to maybe best protect Sexton. It maybe hard for Sexton to impress this week in cup, a few outs for us up against good Penrith side. Will be interesting to watch Patolo as well. Only a few mins in first few weeks, will have to play big minutes this week. If he is fully fit a rotation of King, Knight, Patolo, Poasa and Curran starting to look ok, not great but maybe good enough to finally unleash our backs.
Christ if we are waiting with bated breath for Patolo to come back its going to be a long year!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When Ben Barba came on the seen his defence was woeful and pretty sure we hid him out on the wing in defence.
Ben Barba was a freak with the ball so you can take the good with the bad.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When Ben Barba came on the seen his defence was woeful and pretty sure we hid him out on the wing in defence.
Are we really going to put sexton on the wing to defend?

Also Barba is a different case, his attacking potential was obvious from the get go so it was worth the risk, but he was also held back in reserves because he wasn't ready even though everyone was demanding 1st grade for him

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saturday tracking to be the perfect arvo for footy. Nice temp and very little wind. No point tucking it under the arm. As soon as opening period settles down, give it some freedom. No dew so handling shouldn’t be an issue. No excuse for dropped ball this weekend

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone really think a win against the Titans is anything other than a win. If they win some supporters will claim Salmon is Wade Graham, Knight is Shane Webke, Burton is Darren Lockyer etc. A couple of wins back to back against decent opposition is about all that would elevate my optimism such as against Souths and Manly. It doesn't even need to be against Broncos and Panthers. I'm already trying to find positives for next year; even then without a 7, a 1 and some better props, the hopes are slim.
7?
1 Papali'i , Crighton? Neither is a proven NRL gun fullback.
8 or 10 May?, Todd? Fifita? None of the above are near elite.

Reaction score
Wow, he missed a tackle. Like no one else does that. Like I said Hutchison has had worse defense for us or does that not matter for people? He missed 6 tackles last round & his attack is woeful.
Hutch made 25 tackles; missed 5, 3 ineffective
Taaffe made 4 tackles; missed 5, 1 ineffective
Kiraz made 18 tackles, missed 7, 0 ineffective

Not sure about Sexton. But it would be a nightmare to defend in Reggies with Perham beside you. He makes basic read errors, doesn't hold the line (flighty) and just flat out misses tackles too. I'm not making excuses for Sexton ...haven't checked his tackle numbers on Match Centre. Happy for someone to enlighten us all w.r.to this.

But there is no doubt that D is the critical factor that CC is building our new doggie foundations on to adapt to the new faster, more mobile game. Last year's big, slow lumbering forwards were easy meat up the guts for any half smart dummy half. Basic touch footy arrow pattern would open us up EVERY single time. Still does when they get tired this year. However, this is where Mann & Salmon's leg speed and impressive tackle efficiency come into CC's master plan. They CAN tackle! A LOT!! Hutch is a big body who can compensate for their deficiencies dealing with big boppas. Not sure if Sexton can nail someone 1 on 1 like Hutch can.

Anyway, that's my guess. Course I could be totally wrong too - lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saturday tracking to be the perfect arvo for footy. Nice temp and very little wind. No point tucking it under the arm. As soon as opening period settles down, give it some freedom. No dew so handling shouldn’t be an issue. No excuse for dropped ball this weekend
Quick start is VERY important. Need to do what we did to the Sharks last week. Just hopefully we get the rub when its offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.