OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO, but Webster would only be 3 year deal not the ridiculous 5 year deal CC is on.. Webster also turned around SJ who was gone the year prior.. DWZ had a breakout year among others... he obviously creates a better environment and can attract top tier talent.. we aren't going anywhere so may as well do what the Knights did years ago, play young guys and get games into them.. the Safiti boys were 18-19yo starting in the front row.. Start playing the following and see what happens:
- Joash
- Eli Clark
- Damon Marshall (to see if he has it or not)
- Kautoga
- Jack Todd
- Hopoi
- BBO

and hopefully Karl O can come back (which seems a possibility now after surgery) to play 5/8 (Burton has had his time and has shown basically nothing at 5/8)
The 5 year contract is an obvious answer, Gould & Co know if they want to eventually compete at the top level, and obviously win premierships, the 3 things they need the most are, stability as a club, good experienced players to help inspire and bring through our juniors, and an excellent development funnel with good people bringing these kids through the systems .. I’d say the idea was for Ciraldo to still be there and become a very experienced respected coach when these juniors start to all hit 1st grade ..

Yes Webster bought the Warriors together and got them playing good footy, but blind Freddy could see he had 10 times the squad to work with than Ciraldo had .. … let’s see how he goes in his second season, because one of the Bulldogs main focus is work through the pain for long term gain. Let’s see how Webster v Ciraldo looks in a few years time … and by the way .. what top tier talent has Webster attracted ?

Maybe go take a listen to the latest episode of 100% footy and listen to Gould talk about the hard slog, processes, and the patience that’s needed to rebuild a club from the bottom of the ladder back up to the top ..

There’s 2 choices when trying to rebuild a club from the bottom up, go for the quick fix and buy your way out, or go the patience route and build a complete junior production line funnel and focus that into long term sustained success .. I know which one I prefer.

Every man and his dog can see Gould is replicating the exact model he built at the Panthers … how long did that take him, and are the results from that time and work worth waiting for ?

He says it nearly daily, if we want to fight our way back to winning premierships in this competition, it’s going require a lot of patience.

The 2 worst things that could possibly happen to this club right now, would be to lose Gould, because I don’t know of anyone better to do this huge job … and to sack the coach, because it would be new systems, a rebuild of the team he wants etc. etc. … see the bigger picture, and in the meantime have patience and support / cheer on our team win or lose .. support the club and players in both good and bad times … the so called green shoots are showing ..

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hey, i am just saying what i saw in the first two games. Watch it for yourself and it's reserve grade lol

I actually like Sexton more aswell but i am just saying his defence has been bad in the two games.
In NSW Cup he is surrounded by worse players. Hutchison has Preston defending near him who is an excellent defender. In round 1 Sexton had a prop playing backrower defending near him. Also has Perham defending near him who is a terrible defender.

IF CC was a good coach he'd play Sexton at 7 and have Preston & Crichton defending near him.

If the right edge was:

Sexton
Preston
Crichton
Kiraz

I don't think anyone would be saying Sexton is a bad defender & it would produce way more points for our team.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see him get a shot at fb
Me to, I’d like to see him play FB / but I also don’t mind seeing a young 23 year old kid with plenty FB talent, develop his game for at least 40/50 games on the wing first, and then train for a full pre season for the FB, spot before being moved there .. if he wants that position full time, show us how badly you want it/earn it ..

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
M
In NSW Cup he is surrounded by worse players. Hutchison has Preston defending near him who is an excellent defender. In round 1 Sexton had a prop playing backrower defending near him. Also has Perham defending near him who is a terrible defender.

IF CC was a good coach he'd play Sexton at 7 and have Preston & Crichton defending near him.

If the right edge was:

Sexton
Preston
Crichton
Kiraz

I don't think anyone would be saying Sexton is a bad defender & it would produce way more points for our team.
Matt Doorey ran right at Sexton and through him, Sexton wasn't even a speed bump to Doorey

His defense has been shit

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
M

Matt Doorey ran right at Sexton and through him, Sexton wasn't even a speed bump to Doorey

His defense has been shit
Wow, he missed a tackle. Like no one else does that. Like I said Hutchison has had worse defense for us or does that not matter for people? He missed 6 tackles last round & his attack is woeful.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All eyes will be on Critta to see how he can involve himself more than what he did last week running 101 metres.

I want everyone to watch carefully how Kikau stifles our attack. I am not blaming Kikau, let me get that straight. It's a positional problem we have when our halves are passing to him where if it went directly to Critta he would have more space. Personally I would be moving Kikau further in to bolster our go forward in the middle. Critta needs early ball and he isn't getting it. He is depending on Kikau to put him into gaps, or offload. By then the defence is up on him. As I said, I'm not blaming Kikau because he is only out there doing what he is told to do. Keep your eye on this.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's got potential, and some offensive footy IQ, just the first run you see him switch ball carrying arm to the right to free his left arm for the incoming defender to fend off. Stuff like this, are those little basic 1% that players need to get right.
Thanks for putting that up, I hadn't seen him play until he debut for us so that is really interesting to watch. I just noted when he returns the ball he has got great subtle foot work and is a really balanced runner of the footy. Like you I hope he gets a crack at FB at some point in FG. I just think there is a lot of untapped potential there, Needs a little more time and confidence to establish himself as first grader but he's got the goods for mine.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Crichton is a centre, no he's a fullback... Taaffe is a fullback, no he's reserve grader...Kiraz is a centre, no he's a winger or he plays reserve grade... Sexton is better than Hutch, no Sexton can't tackle.... Tracey is a fullback, no he's a centre...Burton is a 5/8th, no he's a centre...Curren should be starting lock, no Salmon should......hahahahahaha...we got major issues!!
TK'S got issues not the team. :tearsofjoy: They all know where they are playing and why.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2 that resulted in tries
I watched the Eels game. The players around him were terrible defenders.

Also I watched him play NRL last season & his defense wasn't a problem. Stop making excuses to back CC/Hutchison.

Not arguing this anymore with you because your excuses are terrible.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2 that resulted in tries
It's amazing man people only see what they want to, I have seen the 'he only missed two tackles' stat thrown around for the last week about sexton but poor reads and misses have allowed attacking sides to pull his edge apart set after set in his last two reserve grade games that's why he hasn't been named in FG It's that simple.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score

If the right edge was:

Sexton
Preston
Crichton
Kiraz

I like it, but one step at a time, lets get FB right first. I think this is a big game for Taafe, if he does badly could/should be gone. Then lets worry about HB and how to maybe best protect Sexton. It maybe hard for Sexton to impress this week in cup, a few outs for us up against good Penrith side. Will be interesting to watch Patolo as well. Only a few mins in first few weeks, will have to play big minutes this week. If he is fully fit a rotation of King, Knight, Patolo, Poasa and Curran starting to look ok, not great but maybe good enough to finally unleash our backs.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1 or 2 beers max pre game. Followed by a coffee, I did it last time and we beat Tiger.

It's time to go back to the spiritual heart and soul ground. I don't care what the haters say, Belmore is a better game day experience than Homebush for the smaller games. For the blockbusters like Parra, Souffs, Homebush is better for sure.
What optoins do they have at the bar?

It's been a while since i have been to a game @ Belmore

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's amazing man people only see what they want to, I have seen the 'he only missed two tackles' stat thrown around for the last week about sexton but poor reads and misses have allowed attacking sides to pull his edge apart set after set in his last two reserve grade games that's why he hasn't been named in FG It's that simple.
No our "excuses are terrible"

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 or 2 beers max pre game. Followed by a coffee, I did it last time and we beat Tiger.

It's time to go back to the spiritual heart and soul ground. I don't care what the haters say, Belmore is a better game day experience than Homebush for the smaller games. For the blockbusters like Parra, Souffs, Homebush is better for sure.
How did you manage to have a coffee when we played Wests Tigers last year it was 38 degrees hahahahaha

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, we got it this weekend uce. I predict a win at Belmore then we fkn smash the rabbits
Same mate, I’m actually expecting this win. Then depending how souffs go this week, another win. I don’t care if it’s by one point, but have to get this victory
I expect us to win and win easy this weekend.

I do think we can and will beat Souths next week. They're in that much off field turmoil and it's only the beginning. Mitchell has destroyed that club.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's got potential, and some offensive footy IQ, just the first run you see him switch ball carrying arm to the right to free his left arm for the incoming defender to fend off. Stuff like this, are those little basic 1% that players need to get right.
I enjoyed watching that, but the little voice in my head is saying the competition he was playing against wasn't NRL standard, so it makes him look a little better

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No our "excuses are terrible"
No point arguing about it though, you aren't going to change anyone's POV and hutch will be the HB until he isn't and Sexton gets a crack, and the one thing you can take to the bank is that no one on here will be making that call and no amount of bitching will change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.