Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaha perfect, or watching his dad in his, and you just ask why?
Mate it’s bad. If he was a racehorse the ambo would be running past him

The season is already gone. Every selection from now should be based on the future .

Therefore Cotric right centre , Avo left centre and Lewis 5/8th to prepare for Burton next year. Not comparing Lewis to Burton but he is closer to him than Jake

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching this crap it worries me that nothing has changed massive changes need to be done immediately otherwise it’s only going to delay the rebuilding

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The squad is woeful, next year there will be 15 new players hopefully.
Barret at least mentioned the need for personal accountability and that effort alone is not good enough.
Meaney, who I have never been a fan of, was good..may be try doorey at centre instead of hopoate or just add schoup to the 30 and play him.
2022!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go Lewis and Burton next year with Burton running the show, one an attacking weapon with a big boot, the other a defensive weapon with a big foot.
Both with big bodies

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Worth a try.......I think

01. Jake Averillo
02. Corey Allen
03. Nick Cotric
04. Will Hopoate
05. Nick Meaney
06. Lachlan Lewis
07. Kyle Flanagan
08. Ava Seumanufagai
09. Brandon Wakeham
10. Jack Hetherington
11. Adam Elliott
12. Matt Doorey
13. Josh Jackson

14. Sione Katoa
15. Dylan Napa
16. Renouf Atoni
17. Chris Smith

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa, one of my favourite players over the last few years and seems like a great bloke, but he’s definitely not the player he was man....his lack of pace in particular this year is really standing out...
He’s not playing like he needs a contract, he’s playing like he’s just over it..

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate it’s bad. If he was a racehorse the ambo would be running past him

The season is already gone. Every selection from now should be based on the future .

Therefore Cotric right centre , Avo left centre and Lewis 5/8th to prepare for Burton next year. Not comparing Lewis to Burton but he is closer to him than Jake
Lewis will have a go, I’d rather that that avo, I’m not sure what to do with avo, he’s not setting the world on fire, he just looks lost, no hunger, doesn’t compete, James graham said if you wouldn’t put your body on the line you don’t belong here, avo isn’t doing that for his spot, so I’m not sure he belongs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo is a strange one for me, all the potential in the world and he’s show glimpses of it last season but he also comes across as either lazy AF or scared but either way he doesn’t want anything to do with that ball in play

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lewis will have a go, I’d rather that that avo, I’m not sure what to do with avo, he’s not setting the world on fire, he just looks lost, no hunger, doesn’t compete, James graham said if you wouldn’t put your body on the line you don’t belong here, avo isn’t doing that for his spot, so I’m not sure he belongs
Averillo doesn't look ready for the NRL, probably been thrown into the deep end too early. It also doesn't help being in a shit roster. I'm honestly not sure if we should persist with him or drop in back to the reserves (not sure that's a good thing for his confidence either). Since we know Lewis and Wakeham aren't long term options in the halves I don't mind persisting but Barrett might have to bite the bullet if he wants a slightly higher chance to win a game week to week.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo doesn't look ready for the NRL, probably been thrown into the deep end too early. It also doesn't help being in a shit roster. I'm honestly not sure if we should persist with him or drop in back to the reserves (not sure that's a good thing for his confidence either). Since we know Lewis and Wakeham aren't long term options in the halves I don't mind persisting but Barrett might have to bite the bullet if he wants a slightly higher chance to win a game week to week.
Need to do something or our chances of decent signings or backflips become a reality, Barrett needs to show something as a coach, 2 weeks scoreless, dragons and broncs both showing signs of improvement, we are not