Round 26 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Possession!! , Field position!! Completions!! We got plenty but can't fucking do anything lol.
Fuck Desball.
It was acutely embarrassing watching Jim Dymock do his half time interview. Heard that word completion somewhere in there. He looked mighty unhappy and at a real loss for words.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't believe we have 2 fresh blokes on the bench.

Get TRex on there ffs.
At that stage of the game we were lucky it was only two. Normally supercoach puts the bloke he replaced 15 minutes earlier back on and only burns one fresh bloke come part way through the second half.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Canonball tackle?
No that is the one they call the prowler, the one that broke RCG back. Two players hold the tackled player upright and immobile then a third player comes in from the side or the back straight into the ribs. Graham lashes out, misses, yet Surgess lands one, two punches, our player on report their penalty. Seems fair to me.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man, its hard enough watching the Bulldogs play this type of football without having the ref be a complete dip shit as well
Oh, but it got better later in the game. Some absolutely sh@t decisions after that one, but good old Tony will come out and back his men. Todd Greenberg and his holier than thou on field officials the Elliot Ness of the NRL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
this is bullshit he was held back
Yes, you can run shoulder to shoulder but you cannot grab the jersey or the player to hold them back. Klein clearly mentioned penalty but bunker rules NO infringement by the Souths player. We end up with nothing when
1. Souths player should have been put in the bin for a professional foul for preventing our player from having a fair shot at the ball
2. Either a penalty try or at the very least a penalty.

Then we see Badger shrugging his shoulders at our Captain when he questions the call.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
also, that looked to me like yet another bullshit call from the ref..... where was the knock on?
Those calls were happening all second half. Even a guy sitting near us who has referred the game was scratching his head as to some of the decisions.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson to lock is what should have happened from the start.
Jacko is the only player in our team who's capable of playing lock, the way that des has it. He's the only forward who can make 40 odd tackles and play 80 mins without looking like a shit **** at the end of the game.
Klemmer is having no impact in the role. He's playing massive minutes and basically doing nothing. He's been reduced to a Tolman.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko is the only player in our team who's capable of playing lock, the way that des has it. He's the only forward who can make 40 odd tackles and play 80 mins without looking like a shit **** at the end of the game.
Klemmer is having no impact in the role. He's playing massive minutes and basically doing nothing. He's been reduced to a Tolman.
I agree. Jackson is the only lock under these shit structures.

Our structures should be named SS - Surrendering Structure

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, you can run shoulder to shoulder but you cannot grab the jersey or the player to hold them back. Klein clearly mentioned penalty but bunker rules NO infringement by the Souths player. We end up with nothing when
1. Souths player should have been put in the bin for a professional foul for preventing our player from having a fair shot at the ball
2. Either a penalty try or at the very least a penalty.

Then we see Badger shrugging his shoulders at our Captain when he questions the call.
Yeh I agree.

The rule is players can jostle to get front position if going for the ball. There was never one second that the Souths player was going for the ball. He didn't even get close to it. All he was doing was obstructing jmoz so Inglis can get to it and pick it up. Not too sure how the bunker missed that...

Also not too sure how they missed burgess lashing out twice with an opened hand (once in the scrum against Browne and the other one against graham). The refs failed to control the game and ended up getting spiteful. He let Souths do pretty much anything yet nit picked with the dogs penalties.

How you can get put on report for not kicking a player is beyond me. Yet burgess tripped graham and its play on.

Action Jackson

C.B.B 1935
Reaction score
I agree. Jackson is the only lock under these shit structures.

Our structures should be named SS - Surrendering Structure
This is something that I've advocated so strongly, and I think is the cause for a lot of our problems. First things first, we must accept that our halves aren't thurstons and this is by no means a defense of them . But.. Our forwards don't threaten the line , and they surrender in tackles !! They don't threaten to break the line. And that comes back down to running with intent and getting deeper (which we don't do because of our style of flat attack). Not to mention there are no decoys or second phase runners.

Now... With that being said our halves and backs look like pure s*** because our forwards don't bust the line (therefore not drawing in defenders and not creating space out wide for the halves and backs to do their thing). I know there are other problems (ie kicking game) but what I have said is one of our biggest problems and is the reason why we don't score points unless they're flukey or individual brilliance. Why do you think we look threatening when Kasiano comes on? He busts the line and actually runs hard therefore creating space out wide for our backs. It's that simple ......

Status
Not open for further replies.