Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Sgball to fg i cant think of a current outside back at the club who is a good defender - Burns s/ clark probably the most effective. Mazzone, Sua, Afualo, Alamoti. Casey Wilson Skelton, JAC, Kiraz Averillo - all struggle wth decision making and or tackling
Doesnt help that our edge defensive structure and inside line speed is fekking putrid and doesn’t shut down the ball carrier.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical kennel pile on plenty calling for Wilson’s head after a below par game. He is still finding his way and the least of our worries.
I don’t think it’s based on ability it’s more that Skelton offers a lot stronger runs from our own end, when your middles are weak it’s a key factor we need with avo and Foxx small

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I waited till we got our full strength team to see if we would finally be competitive.. that was stupid wishful thinking on my part..
Your a funny guy Mo...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Typical kennel pile on plenty calling for Wilson’s head after a below par game. He is still finding his way and the least of our worries.
Dont know why JAC is immune from being dropped. Instead of playing to the whistle and chasing down the try scorer he stands their winging at the touchie.
Senior player, not the first time hes done it but for some reason no-one sais anything.
Quick to point the finger at the rookie though.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm more concerned after their rather putrid performance last week, that the raiders will come out and put a clinic on us

Then again, raiders fans might be thinking the same thing after how we played last week!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm more concerned after their rather putrid performance last week, that the raiders will come out and put a clinic on us

Then again, raiders fans might be thinking the same thing after how we played last week!
They have every right not to be as worried as us lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's nothing against Wilson. He's still an exciting prospect who has had some good games in FG. It's about Skelton offering something different, playing well in his 2 games and for some reason not being another chance even though he's deserving of one and now he's not even in the extended squad which makes zero sense.

The lack of logic behind decisions like this is concerning and frustrating. Especially at the end or another shit season when we should be giving youngsters like Skelton game time and valuable FG experience.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We got the trifecta this week. Sutton with the whistle, another Sutton on one sideline and Cummins in the bunker.
MARVELLOUS.
Quaddie with the announcement their favourite son Croker is retiring and whatever the fifth leg is with the side selected...

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The side to miss at least 25 tackles, Thompson, Sutton, Mahoney, Burton and Sexton are eager to help. Concede at least 9 penalties, Mahoney, Wardell, TPJ have all volunteered to lend a hand. Unforced errors at a minimum 7, Mahoney, Waddell, Burton, Kiraz, TPJ have been practising thid part of their game all year. Gus to reassure everyone that some reserve graders are arriving next year from clubs who have professional cultures what ever that means.
Sorry about the nagativity but this year has been an even bigger let d own then last year.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On current form JAC and burton should both be dropped TBH.

But that won’t happen and they know it.

why are Sutton and RFM are back in team like honestly wtf. What message are you sending to the fans and the players.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
On current form JAC and burton should both be dropped TBH.

But that won’t happen and they know it.

why are Sutton and RFM are back in team like honestly wtf. What message are you sending to the fans and the players.
The message is pretty simple, that the NSW Cup players aren't ready to step up to NRL.

Always a Bulldog

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The message is pretty simple, that the NSW Cup players aren't ready to step up to NRL.

Always a Bulldog
What was the message he was sending when he decided to move JAC from left to right?

It wasn’t to improve the right side defence coz it’s been woeful and it can’t be to be improve the left side attack either.

The ONE COMBO the team had between JAC and Burton is gone. Coz we all know burton can’t do anything on the right side.

It was the only thing that was making the score line look less embarrassing and he took that away.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think, for better or worse, cc doesn't see the options floated here as better than the ones he's using. I have to admit, some of his decisions are head-scratching to me. For mine, players like Morrin, Wilson and Skelton are worth investment time, especially once the season was gone. Unless there's a bona fide reason FG time won't help them (injuries, real development goals, etc), get them to cut their teeth. Positionally, if you're going to use RFM, Waddell, etc, play them where they play best/least worst.

But, I wouldn't enjoy people watching me work and then tell me how to do my job. I wouldn't appreciate cc calling me up and telling me my engineering was a bit hit and miss and he thinks I could've done it XXXXX way or other. I know his job is different, and it's frustrating as hell, but I just hope there's a bigger plan at play, or at least a plan.

For me the most damning thing, even above selections is their effort. I hate seeing our boys look flat and disinterested like that. We never used to be beaten on effort. Some of that is his fault. If the coach can't motivate the players, what is he there for?