Round 25: Bulldogs vs Titans Team and Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is Brown a better 9 than Lichaa????
idk but he kicked goals in ISP level and looks good at both half an hooker imo. He is a utility player who would be suited to coming off the bench and I wouldn't mind if he was the 6, 9 or utility off bench. I think it would be best if he plays 9 though considering Lichaa and Garvey are gone and Mbye is a running half at 6 because Mbye has good speed and playing hooker will waste all his speed. Of course I would prefer him at fullback or centre but I don't see him being played at fullback sadly and he's too expensive to play centre.

I wouldn't mind seeing this spine tbh
1. Mbye
6. Cleeland
7. Foran
9. Brown
or
1. Mbye
6. Brown
7. Foran
9. ??

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully Moses exercises his "Des clause" and fucks off with Hasler when he gets the chop....
I disagree. I would like to see how he goes under a new coach and different structures. Our halves are the way they are because Kim jong Des the dictator has them playing to his strict structures. The halves are scared to do something off the cuff. What if Des does go and Moses improves under a new coach? Better yet, what if we let him go to another team and he shines? That would be tragedy !

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree. I would like to see how he goes under a new coach and different structures. Our halves are the way they are because Kim jong Des the dictator has them playing to his strict structures. The halves are scared to do something off the cuff. What if Des does go and Moses improves under a new coach? Better yet, what if we let him go to another team and he shines? That would be tragedy !
Mate, I don't disagree with your points at all, he really just frustrates the fuck out of me.

I can't see him changing to be honest, he just seems too timid to be a 1/2, maybe if he plays alongside Foran he may gain some confidence and have a little less pressure on him, which will help.

If he wasn't chewing up so much cap, I would cut him some slack but he's been around long enough now and just isn't performing. His long and short kicking games are average, he can't organise or direct a team, but he defends well and has the ability to run the ball well.

I think his position lays elsewhere other than the halves.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He should be starting over feet for hands Elliott

BTW Elliott let in the final try
Jeez you're being a bit harsh. They had 3 consecutive sets on our line something had to give and it was with a minute to go....

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If RFM gets dropped for Eastwood

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jeez you're being a bit harsh. They had 3 consecutive sets on our line something had to give and it was with a minute to go....
I don't mind Elliott, he tries his backside off but he does have some errors in his game.

Finucane also had the same errors but a lot of these got ironed out at The Storm.

Taupau was similar with us and still has handling issues at Manly.

Elliott is definitely worth persisting with.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mind Elliott, he tries his backside off but he does have some errors in his game.

Finucane also had the same errors but a lot of these got ironed out at The Storm.

Taupau was similar with us and still has handling issues at Manly.

Elliott is definitely worth persisting with.
I agree. I think he will be a better player than Finucane to be honest. He has brains and is working on his game big time. He'll get there.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True to form I only counted 30 cliches this week
Can't stand listening to him..so boring, got this image of hard arsed talks no crap no nonsense player..bores me to tears every time he's on..so politically correct its disgusting

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to say, Titans will win at home. Classic bounce back syndrome after sacking the coach. They'll play like the dogs on Sunday with Hayne back.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So.... should I bother getting tickets to this game??

I've never been to CBUS Super Stadium, but considering I'm in that area Saturday, I'm considering it..

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. I think he will be a better player than Finucane to be honest. He has brains and is working on his game big time. He'll get there.
Fcuk no
Sorry oatley just had to say the first thing that came to my head
This is his 3rd year in the top squad
He's a reserve grader at best
No offload
No speed
No pass
No hands
Can't catch a cold

He's had enough time and chances in my books
Rfm shits all over him
It takes 4people to bring ray down and he can still offload and has animal aggression

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fcuk no
Sorry oatley just had to say the first thing that came to my head
This is his 3rd year in the top squad
He's a reserve grader at best
No offload
No speed
No pass
No hands
Can't catch a cold

He's had enough time and chances in my books
Rfm shits all over him
It takes 4people to bring ray down and he can still offload and has animal aggression
He and RFM are two different types of players RFM is an explosive secondrower whose strength is his step and offload. Elliott is a defensive secondrower who generally runs good lines off other players. Elliott is only in his first full season in FG. He dumped his uni studies this year to focus on footy and he has come along pretty well. Another full off season and a bit more bulk and he will make a solid secondrower/lock type. He's only 22. give him some time. He's not the reason why we have lost games. RFM won't ever play the full 80. It's not something he can do with the energy he burns.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He and RFM are two different types of players RFM is an explosive secondrower whose strength is his step and offload. Elliott is a defensive secondrower who generally runs good lines off other players. Elliott is only in his first full season in FG. He dumped his uni studies this year to focus on footy and he has come along pretty well. Another full off season and a bit more bulk and he will make a solid secondrower/lock type. He's only 22. give him some time. He's not the reason why we have lost games. RFM won't ever play the full 80. It's not something he can do with the energy he burns.
I don't hate Elliott, in fact I agree he has some good parts to his game.

But

He's had ample opportunities this year and hasn't really nailed it save for a couple of games (I'm thinking hard here)

If RFM had the same amount of opportunities starting dare I say he carves up more and we probably win a few of those close losses

Des the fk wit likes to put RFM on for 20 mins unfortunately if that. RFM is more than bash and crash. His awareness to read numbers sum up a situation to give J Moz good ball to skip around DCE for B Moz second try is an example of that.

Elliott hands and basic errors are still letting him down. That try at the end he rushes out and Lewis goes through that hole and scores

He holds the line, Lewis is tackled and that's the game

Hopefully he improves next year but we have enough 'defensive plodders' like Tolman I'd rather someone capable of breaking the game open ie Raymond.

My 10c

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't hate Elliott, in fact I agree he has some good parts to his game.

But

He's had ample opportunities this year and hasn't really nailed it save for a couple of games (I'm thinking hard here)

If RFM had the same amount of opportunities starting dare I say he carves up more and we probably win a few of those close losses

Des the fk wit likes to put RFM on for 20 mins unfortunately if that. RFM is more than bash and crash. His awareness to read numbers sum up a situation to give J Moz good ball to skip around DCE for B Moz second try is an example of that.

Elliott hands and basic errors are still letting him down. That try at the end he rushes out and Lewis goes through that hole and scores

He holds the line, Lewis is tackled and that's the game

Hopefully he improves next year but we have enough 'defensive plodders' like Tolman I'd rather someone capable of breaking the game open ie Raymond.

My 10c
All good but Elliott hasn't been too bad this year and will be much better next. RFM is a bit younger and they are bringing him on like they did with Elliott last year so you can expect him to get more time next season. Elliott does lots of good work in defence that goes unnoticed if you are not watching for it as are many of his hitups. RFM with all that hair and bouncing all around the place will always stand out and he shows some promise but his defence is pretty ordinary still and he has to work on it because you can't have a forward that can't tackle unlike a winger or FB.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Idk on Elliot, I remember once ranting to a mate about Finucane being error/penalty prone and being a shit player with no skill set blah blah and now that I'm thinking the same thing about Elliot however like Finucane I don't see why Elliot can't rule those errors out of his game and become a rep player because he definitely has the heart for it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliott has gone backwards since extending. When he was playing well he was the only **** that would run a decent line and would try and push away from defenders and look to offload. Now the bloke is constantly drifting sideways and looks like he's about to fall over half time time.

A lot of his errors and missed tackles come from him basiclly being the forward version of Reynolds. He's just so enthusiastic and just needs to slow it down and remember the basics.

With some better coaching and systems in place then i think we can get the best out of him. Go back to running hard smart lines and getting through defenders.

RFM on the other hand is just an out and out athlete like Lee. He has the combination of speed, footwork and strength that will always make him a handful for defenders. Throw in his offload and aggression and you potentially have one of the most dangerous edge runners in the game over time. He should be starting atm.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are the Titans $1.62 favourites? They are a friggin rabble.
The Dogs 13 plus

Status
Not open for further replies.