Round 24 - Dogs v Manly - Team List and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol nah I'm not talking about 2006 Holdsworth and that one game that made you think that Ben Roberts was one of the best 5/8's ever...i'm talking about every other time they were paired together. I would actually cringe every time I saw the ball being passed to Roberts...and then again when he made a play with the ball. And when Holdsworth just seemed to lose all confidence and would drop the ball cold every other time.
Unfortunately Frawley and Stanley make those two look like Walters and Langer or Daley and Stuart...

Stanley isn't a half and isn't a first grader. Frawley is a half and isn't even a Reserve Grader.

We must have the worst spine in Rugby League history. And our best current option at half is playing out of position at hooker. Nor is he playing fullback.

Letting Hasler have control of the team at the moment is like giving a pyromaniac a flamethrower in the bush. Only the pyromaniac will cause less damage that will be easier to repair than what Hasler has done.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately Frawley and Stanley make those two look like Walters and Langer or Daley and Stuart...

Stanley isn't a half and isn't a first grader. Frawley is a half and isn't even a Reserve Grader.

We must have the worst spine in Rugby League history. And our best current option at half is playing out of position at hooker. Nor is he playing fullback.

Letting Hasler have control of the team at the moment is like giving a pyromaniac a flamethrower in the bush. Only the pyromaniac will cause less damage that will be easier to repair than what Hasler has done.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I agree with most of what you're saying, except I still think Stanley has a place in first grade just not as a halfback. Frawley...well, we saw what he did in the first few rounds he got into the side. Is his form now just mediocrity, or the Des effect?

It's completely destructive what Des is doing with this team and this club and if he has any sense of decency, he'd fall on his sword and re-sign. I'm hoping that what I read on here earlier about the board telling him to pick a number is true, because at least that way we can all move on.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I agree with most of what you're saying, except I still think Stanley has a place in first grade just not as a halfback. Frawley...well, we saw what he did in the first few rounds he got into the side. Is his form now just mediocrity, or the Des effect?

It's completely destructive what Des is doing with this team and this club and if he has any sense of decency, he'd fall on his sword and re-sign. I'm hoping that what I read on here earlier about the board telling him to pick a number is true, because at least that way we can all move on.
The problem is even though it's only three more games, he's making it as excruciating as possible.

Watching souths, the tigers and Newcastle all in a similar position on the ladder play with spirit, play youngsters and give their fans hope for next season makes me even more furious because we can't even enjoy that at the end of a miserable season. That's how negative and much of a petty, horrible person Hasler is.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are pathetic football coach I still can't believe no one has put up are sign at one of the games to SACK YOU DES
Only hasler fans go to the games now.
You will only see SAVE DES signs.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely Holdsworth had a few good games in 2006 and Roberts had that one good game against Brisbane in 09 these blokes have nothing...
Id atleast give roberts most of the 2009 season, his combo with morris and goodwin was pretty good. Theyre both miles ahead of anyone we've had lately

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem is even though it's only three more games, he's making it as excruciating as possible.

Watching souths, the tigers and Newcastle all in a similar position on the ladder play with spirit, play youngsters and give their fans hope for next season makes me even more furious because we can't even enjoy that at the end of a miserable season. That's how negative and much of a petty, horrible person Hasler is.
Absolutely spot on. I have followed the Dogs for 50 years. Rarely missed a game and travelled everywhere to watch them. Haven't been the last 6 weeks because i can't watch the rubbish they dish out. I've had a gutful.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to see des play holland in the halves because that's all this season has been lacking

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is putting our talent on display so he can show other teams these players are worth buying. Maybe they should conduct an auction

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having rhys martin on the extended bench proves we are not over our second tier cap as he has not played a too grade game this year. SO WHY THE FUCK IS CLEELAND NOT IN OUR HALVES??? FUCK YOU DES YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa out with Fine in. Manly won't know what him them with that surprise.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is this literally the cheapest halves pairing in the last 10 years? What are they both on $100-$150?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That halves pairing is one of the worst in NRL history.

Listening to Talkin' Sport this arvo and their consensus of opinion is that Frawley is not even in the top 16 halves in the NRL as some clubs have two or three options in that position. Pretty damning that a group of players who are supposedly on around 9 million combined next year ( excluding the incoming Foran, Woods and Brown) are looking to avoid a fifth successive loss and a shot at the wooden spoon. It beggars belief that super coach continues to play Chase in the halves when we do have a bit of an option in Cleeland, Lewis. What have we got to lose???

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without knowing too much about the Bulldogs depth, is there anyone in the other grades that is worthy of first grade ?
I can't believe he picks the same team week in week out .
They are playing horrendously. The season is over, why not blood a few ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Without knowing too much about the Bulldogs depth, is there anyone in the other grades that is worthy of first grade ?
I can't believe he picks the same team week in week out .
They are playing horrendously. The season is over, why not blood a few ?
Cleeland and Martin are two that could easily slot into the 17.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That is one of the best summations of the way most fans ( myself included) are feeling. If people did not have a damning opinion of Hasler prior to the last few weeks at least they certainly should now. He will of course justify the selection by stating that the players he has selected are the best available in those positions and that the players deserve a chance to show what they can really do and make amends. They have had more than enough of a chance to stand up and put in an effort better than they have. The actions of the players in the last few weeks shows how untenable the situation at the club really is; despite denials and 'show of support' the players have had enough and don't want to play Hasler's shit game plan anymore. We have no spirit; that has been systematically and ruthlessly whipped out of them by the coach.

In all of this, the front office, first and foremost must take a great percentage of the blame too. They are the ones after all, who re-signed Hasler on the back of the Broncos game result after stating he would be judged after Round 10 had concluded and allowed him to basically do as he pleased from back ending deals and re-signing players who for the most part would not be classed as certainties to start in any other NRL side,and to picking players out of position.

Our junior system is in tatters and we have promising youngsters leaving the club because they can not get a go. We are going backwards at a rate of knots where at least those clubs mentioned above have at least something to look forward to.Some of the youngsters who have got the call up have performed well and are gaining valuable experience.
Dib says to wait until the end of the season to judge, well I am sorry, but our season ended many weeks ago when players downed tools and refused to participate in the lunacy any more.

I am afraid that many fans too have 'got off the bus', like the players, and at the current rate the only bloke who will still be on the bus will be Hasler himself.....

Status
Not open for further replies.