Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question to the kennel is this: if we select Karl Oloapu sometime soon and he has a bad one (which I hope he doesn't) will you all turn on him or will you give him time to learn and grow?
Ill never knock him for having a crack, our halves have no clue at end of sets

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Storm depth isn't what it used to be though, they look very weak right now. Some of the guys on their bench wouldn't even make our 17 right now imo.
It’s not about that. Whoever comes in they just do their job properly and play to Bellemy’s game plan and they clean us up. Doesn’t take much to beat us. Seen it all before. Grant and Hughes will pull our pants down

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Welch we have our own Max king who's better, and rfm and kikau in the back row is better than their starting backrow... Katoa is good but hasn't really shown much yet
Well I think after the game you won't have the same opinion so let's wait for that.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I think after the game you won't have the same opinion so let's wait for that.
We may very well lose but looking at the pack, we have a lot more potential than what they showed last week.. yes we are weak in the forwards but there's a lot more to it than what they showed last week

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We’ve been without a 7 for so long some of us fans have forgotten how one is suppose to play.

Ours improves his defence & try’s hard and some think that’s putting in a good 7’s knock ..

DCE schooled us on Saturday & reminded us of what it’s like to have a 7 that has the running passing and precise kicking skills that a 7 needs to have, including how to play both sides of the field and manage the team around the park.

And before some one brings up experience, DCE was doing that at 22, had won a premiership playing like that and was getting $1.2 offers.

The Flano experiment has to end, he unfortunately just doesn’t have those skills, and as @D-VOICE said, we have a disconnect, and it’s the 7, that’s the last place you want a disconnect because your 7 is the most important player in your team, we’d get no worse from Hayward or Rajeb but at least with them there’s a chance they’d do better, Flano’s reached his ceiling and it’s time the tap on the shoulder came.
shame Jonah Pezet is signed till 2025 because given he won't play regular first grade for a while we could have thrown a decent offer at him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we all agree now that Ciraldo is an idiot?
Not necessarily, I can see his logic …it’s only been one game so why throw the baby out with the bath water?

He puts his faith into the 17 that got pumped and they perform to repay his faith

Makes wholesale changes with cup players then run the risk of dividing the changing room after 1 full game.

Damn if he does damn if he doesn’t scenario

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
honestly i dont think brown at lock is a bad idea, he is a hooker/half he is use to making many tackles and has ball playing skills so its just about letting him get use to that role and adjusting to it

just because he didnt turn into (Isaah Brown or Nu Yeo) in one game doesnt mean he isnt suitable for the role lol

Reactions: J_B

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo best selection is putting young Karl on the extended bench, one to reward him for his performance last week but more importantly finally showing media + fans that Flanagan has been put on notice and over his shoulder is a young kid ready to take that opportunity with both hands.
Plot twist it’s actually Burton on notice…..

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not necessarily, I can see his logic …it’s only been one game so why throw the baby out with the bath water?

He puts his faith into the 17 that got pumped and they perform to repay his faith

Makes wholesale changes with cup players then run the risk of dividing the changing room after 1 full game.

Damn if he does damn if he doesn’t scenario
What happens if they don't repay.. we just delaying the inevitable.. I hope they can turn it around

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’ve been without a 7 for so long some of us fans have forgotten how one is suppose to play.

Ours improves his defence & try’s hard and some think that’s putting in a good 7’s knock ..

DCE schooled us on Saturday & reminded us of what it’s like to have a 7 that has the running passing and precise kicking skills that a 7 needs to have, including how to play both sides of the field and manage the team around the park.

And before some one brings up experience, DCE was doing that at 22, had won a premiership playing like that and was getting $1.2 offers.

The Flano experiment has to end, he unfortunately just doesn’t have those skills, and as @D-VOICE said, we have a disconnect, and it’s the 7, that’s the last place you want a disconnect because your 7 is the most important player in your team, we’d get no worse from Hayward or Rajeb but at least with them there’s a chance they’d do better, Flano’s reached his ceiling and it’s time the tap on the shoulder came.
Watching the game on the weekend, I noticed on 2 occasions Reed went to go right, seen flano and immediately turned and went left like he didnt want to know about him. It didnt look like dummy type stuff trying to throw the opposition.
Maybe in the heat of the moment Reeds natural instinct kicked in and he went back to the left.
Or maybe I read something that wasnt there, who knows.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You better prepare to rub one out to Ciraldo’s masterclass.
Oh Very prepared, I would love nothing more to be proven wrong !!, but I don’t think my odds of being correct are to bad :tongueclosed: Safe as haha !!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Watching the game on the weekend, I noticed on 2 occasions Reed went to go right, seen flano and immediately turned and went left like he didnt want to know about him. It didnt look like dummy type stuff trying to throw the opposition.
Maybe in the heat of the moment Reeds natural instinct kicked in and he went back to the left.
Or maybe I read something that wasnt there, who knows.
well after the weekend - now he'll just go fck it and he'll go up the middle.

B4 we resigned Burton, said to ditch him and throw the book at Munster. Got pasted for it. Burton $750k, Munster ended up on a million.

Sucks to be right....

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was so predictable, crazy decision to give him a top 30 spot. Groin so he will be out a few weeks.
That’s why the shouts of him starting in FG were absurd. He is better than Flanagan but cannot stay fit. I wonder how people thought he would be able to adapt to the NRL after years away being injured in the SL.