OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Addo Carr, Crighton, Xerri, Clark, Burton, Salmon, Kikau, Preston, King, Mahoney (just), Curran, Morrin get a pass mark. What happened to Hughes? He barely played? The half back and fullback situation is dire. As I said after last week, the club would have benefited greatly if Kiraz, Tracey, Edwards and Patolo had played NRL trials; on a positive side it looks like Edwards will get some game time in the NSW Cup trial after missing some training through injury.
Taffe made too many errors and lacked spark.
Wilson made too many errors, a pity as he ran the ball well when he held it. Hutchison and Sexton seem to lack the speed and spark to lead the sides attack. Faamusauli plugged a hole in the 17 but was barely noticed. Mann looked like he was stifling the admittedly already poor attack. The other players used barely played. It was pointless for slection purposes to put on the younger guys all at once and when there was only 10-15 minutes until fulltime.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A defensive minded coach that in 2 trials has shown massive improvements from last year?
A spine that’s half new players and have played 2 games together?
Forwards who are probably the most inexperienced in the comp yet stood up to Cronullas who are one of the best?
So much lol....

"Defence minded"? - lol WOW!

"New players"? - new or old they should know and competently do their job.

"Cronulla forwards one of the best" and "most inexperienced"? - another WOW.

Listen, im not stopping you being optimistic/delusional but im not falling for those bullshit excuses, sorry.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This trial will help so many understand footy. People calling for Papali, Skelton, Hayward etc. they were terrible.

The pressure of first grade defence takes time to get used to. It’s why Hutchinson is first choice halfback. Tracey would be first choice fullback if it wasn’t for injury. Even Taaffe with his limited experience looked better under the highball than Papali.

This is a process. It will take time. We need to buy more experience until the young boys are ready.
Yeah call them terrible for the last 5 mins of a game....

PS massive fkn lol @ taaffe looking better than Papa.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Btw guys I thought Xerri looked real heavy footed again. Not sure if it's down to match fitness but he doesn't look remotely close to what he was in terms of agility and acceleration.
Shhhh, we can't talk truth on here, only delusional optimism is allowed in this echo chamber.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was the expected acid test that we half failed...
Nervous competition for spots in the top 17 caused the players to be nervous impatient making too many unforced errors against a team that possesses big pack of forwards,
Little to no impact from our own props didn't help.
On a positive note, defense scrambled well despite our total disrespect for possession.
Last week I thought we have better options in attack this year but there seems to be lack of chemistry between 1, 6, 7, 9 and the rest of the team, is it a result of the nervous competition for spots,
Can CC instill calmness and control in the team, it remains to be seen !

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look at these muppets. We lost because our reserve grade hooker couldn’t pass a simply ball from dummy half, and that’s why he’s in reserve grade. Massive improvement in defence, sharks usually flog us.

The bad points, Taaffe is not our answer, Tracy to play fullback. Kiraz to replace Xerri in the centres. Xerri needs half a season in NSW cup to get used to the game again.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at these muppets. We lost because our reserve grade hooker couldn’t pass a simply ball from dummy half, and that’s why he’s in reserve grade. Massive improvement in defence, sharks usually flog us.

The bad points, Taaffe is not our answer, Tracy to play fullback. Kiraz to replace Xerri in the centres. Xerri needs half a season in NSW cup to get used to the game again.
I said this all along about Xerri.. it’s going to take him a couple months to get his body back into game shape you just can’t take 4 years off and walk back into grade, especially after how much the game has changed. People here thought the opposite tho lol
I think we need Kiraz on the wing because of his yardage out of our own red zone we really struggled today against the big sharks pack. Wilson tries hard but he’s still not ready for first grade imo. I really hope Skelton can take another leap this year he would be perfect

Also that number 10 is not first grade material he really struggled up the middle and pretty much let Wilton go in untouched

Also think Hutcho will play half because of his defence. He needs to be better with the ball but his defence was great.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me our line speed and aggression played a part in the lack of attack from the sharks. With the errors they would have put a score on us last year. 1,7,and 9 need some work

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I assume Hughes was injured after a head clash with Hazelton just before half time - hopefully minor/precautionary - same with Curran not having a second period on the field - seemed to pick up a leg injury.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I assume Hughes was injured after a head clash with Hazelton just before half time - hopefully minor/precautionary - same with Curran not having a second period on the field - seemed to pick up a leg injury.
yeah that’s what I thought. I think Curran was just a nice hit out just to get a run

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will wait until Rd 1 to start judging the team. To hold a near full strength, sharks 12-6 whilst they had all the ref calls and field position says something. However, I hope Taafe and that number 10 aren't playing rd1 for us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's only a trial...
It's only round 1....
Its only round 10...

Same bullshit you hear from the muppets every year. Stop confusing delusion with optimism and reality with negativity.

Last edited: