OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mans still twerking for Burton lmao

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because we we focusing on getting the defence right.

Not saying our attack is good, or we shouldn't be worried about it ...

But, at the same time we need to call things for what it is. Our defence looks largely improved ... for now.
You can focus on both…

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
defense was good, sharks have a strong forward pack and we matched it with them for 80mins and they were fortunate to get a lucky try off an error. so there was a fair few positives to take away from that game given that our guns were rested early plus no kiraz or tracey yet
Considering our notoriously weak pack, I think it was an amazing effort. Sharks kept bringing on monster after monster and we contained them for the most part. Hunt and Rudolf were very strong. Kaufusi and Hazelnut not far behind. Actually their only forward that had much success was Teaupa or something? I haven’t seen him before but he’s another giant they have.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at least there’s a few people on here that actually see it for what it is. Very well said @Suave ! I noticed @Menteek and a few others also having a reasonable opinion.

I didn’t visit much today because it’s a shitshow and just negative toxicity lately. It’s honestly a massive bummer and life is too short to bother.

Didn’t check in til after full time and can’t believe I still see the same old braindead takes like Burton is shit. How anyone watched that game and can single him out is beyond me. He did heaps of good things and both him and Reed definitely looked freed up without the burden of captaincy. Hutch was meh, did a few good things but not enough and Sexton wasn’t given enough time to really make a difference.

At the end of the day it was a fkn trial and people carrying on like it’s representative of how we’ll go in the season proper just look like idiots. Oh yeah let’s judge a game where players were coming and going, our new captain and best player only played 25 minutes and the spine and other combinations changed numerous times. Yep, sound logic folks!

One thing I have taken from both trials, and the most important thing is how committed every player is feom go to woah. Huge difference to last year and I’ve been impressed with most forwards. Salmon clearly is far better in the middle at lock, as he was average when he played the edge later and to me, the biggest problem is finding a spot for everyone. Specifically Mann, Salmon and Curran. Hard to pick who to leave out. I thought all showed good signs.

I can’t see this joint becoming worthwhile with the constant negativity, but at least there’s still a few reasonable posters.
Best post ive seen today

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can focus on both…
Of course you can. No one is saying you can't.

Let me put it this way ...

You're calling out people for being overly positive, right? Focusing only on one part of the game rather than looking at both?

Fair enough, as there were negatives there that we all need to admit which I think most do.

However, if you're going to call out those being overly positive for those reasons then ..

You need to call out those only looking at the negative as they're doing the same. Only looking at one part of the game rather than at both.

Right?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

You're calling out people for being overly positive, right? Focusing only on one part of the game rather than looking at both?

Fair enough, as there were negatives there that we all need to admit which I think most do.

However, if you're going to call out those being overly positive for those reasons then ..

You need to call out those only looking at the negative as they're doing the same. Only looking at one part of the game rather than at both.

Right?
Who is only looking at the negative? Even the biggest scapegoat here Critamagic said Curran was great, and one or two other points. The good takes care of itself, it’s rarely regresses, so we should be focusing on what we can do better

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best post ive seen today
Cheers mate. I was hesitant to bother but like I said, there’s still a few good opinions around here. I thought you had some too. I’m glad because I do enjoy discussing the game but when you constantly see shit takes, you wonder if it’s worth your time.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Right?
that’s what I thought both us and sharks did. Just run and get some minutes In their legs. No one really hit the attack button and go crazy. It was really really good to see both teams defend. Prefer games like this then blow outs. Referee gee did a really good game. Thought that maybe they need to start cracking down on the slow play of the ball.

Everyone should enjoy the break and let’s get back into our supporter chairs for round 1.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The quality of rugby league has really diminished in the last 20 years.

The early- mid 1990's was the last decent era of rugby league.
NRL has butchered the good name of rugby league!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I couldn’t watch the game and everyone is saying on socials that its one of the worst games they have ever watched so might watch tomorrow. Appears #HutchoHive might be fucked by the sounds of it…

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney was bad. Looked like he was deliberately throwing ankle passes at times. Burto was awkward again as usual. Curren was pretty good and King and Preston both played well. Taafe was terrible. Hutchinson was mixed but mostly below average - looked like he lost composure after that first terrible pass. Did Kikau play? Wilson played well. Xerri did everything right but had no room. You can tell Fox just eats meat these days but it didn't help much -maybe a few extra post-contact metres. We showed heart in defence and it was a reasonable hit out against a decent side, but there's plenty to work on. It felt much better when the captain was out there, and I guess it was just a trial.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve finally got home from the game. For anyone saying we should play more games in Belmore, we absolutely should NOT!

Lighting at night is awful, the seats have no legroom and the screen looks like a postage stamp. Entry in and out of the stadium is lethargic with big crowds and today was 6,000+.

Belmore is a relic and we should not disrespect its history with more losses

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now in terms of the game, it was very tough viewing.

Our attack was non existent tonight. We’ve gone backwards in a week.

Fox side barely sees any traffic when we have possession. Not sure why. It’s like they are trying to starve the left side from attack.

Mahoneys service from dummy half is slowing us down considerably.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well at least there’s a few people on here that actually see it for what it is. Very well said @Suave ! I noticed @Menteek and a few others also having a reasonable opinion.

I didn’t visit much today because it’s a shitshow and just negative toxicity lately. It’s honestly a massive bummer and life is too short to bother.

Didn’t check in til after full time and can’t believe I still see the same old braindead takes like Burton is shit. How anyone watched that game and can single him out is beyond me. He did heaps of good things and both him and Reed definitely looked freed up without the burden of captaincy. Hutch was meh, did a few good things but not enough and Sexton wasn’t given enough time to really make a difference.

At the end of the day it was a fkn trial and people carrying on like it’s representative of how we’ll go in the season proper just look like idiots. Oh yeah let’s judge a game where players were coming and going, our new captain and best player only played 25 minutes and the spine and other combinations changed numerous times. Yep, sound logic folks!

One thing I have taken from both trials, and the most important thing is how committed every player is feom go to woah. Huge difference to last year and I’ve been impressed with most forwards. Salmon clearly is far better in the middle at lock, as he was average when he played the edge later and to me, the biggest problem is finding a spot for everyone. Specifically Mann, Salmon and Curran. Hard to pick who to leave out. I thought all showed good signs.

I can’t see this joint becoming worthwhile with the constant negativity, but at least there’s still a few reasonable posters.
Downvote

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, not a fan of the new rules.

Encouraging signs tonight from the boys - Cronulla are a well drilled team and have been together for years.

I can see plenty of upside in the coming weeks.

We can expect improved ball control and combinations to greatly improve as players become more familiar with each others games.

We are still a big bopper short, however, with the exception of Poassa ball watching under fatigue, we withstood everything they threw at us tonight.

Better completion tonight and we win, so be encouraged.